Week 3 no weight loss

Options
I have a desk job but I have been walking 30-45 Mins a day and have been doing toning and no weight loss. Should I change my activity level or keep doing what I am doing hoping 8 lbs or my inches will be out of sight this weigh in

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a calorie deficit? All the information in your OP is essentially immaterial.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about how much you eat.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job but I have been walking 30-45 Mins a day and have been doing toning and no weight loss. Should I change my activity level or keep doing what I am doing hoping 8 lbs or my inches will be out of sight this weigh in

Calorie deficit for weight loss, exercise for fitness. You can walk all day long (not sure what "doing toning" is?), but if you're taking in more calories than what your body burns in a 24 hour period, you will not lose.

I've had my best success with losing fat and inches eating at a small calorie deficit and doing some form of strength/resistance training with weights/dumbbells/bodyweight exercises. If you have access to weights, use 'em - lifting heavy (which is relative to each person's abilities, but something you want to progress through) is awesome for changing the shape of the body for the better. Throw some cardio in there too, walking is great, throw some kickboxing or other cardio in there to mix it up if you want.

Eat your calories, drink your water, exercise, take rest days, get good sleep, and have patience. It works!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale, weigh all your solid foods. Measure all your caloric liquids. Log everything you eat or drink, and stick to your calorie deficit. You'll lose weight.
    Also read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job - I spend most of my day sitting although I do make time for four weight training sessions a week. I also go for walks in the evenings that I'm not at the gym. It's important, when you are mainly sedentary, to make sure you are eating to match your lifestyle. Are you 100% sure you are eating at a deficit? Are you weighing your food with an electronic food scale? Are you having regular 'cheat days'? There are many factors that can affect weight loss.
  • Sassichic33
    Sassichic33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you saying leave calories I have been having 600 to 700 calories left each day. MFP says if every day is like today you will be so I aim to have similar calorie and exercise.

The
    I have a desk job - I spend most of my day sitting although I do make time for four weight training sessions a week. I also go for walks in the evenings that I'm not at the gym. It's important, when you are mainly sedentary, to make sure you are eating to match your lifestyle. Are you 100% sure you are eating at a deficit? Are you weighing your food with an electronic food scale? Are you having regular 'cheat days'? There are many factors that can affect weight loss.

• Sassichic33
    Options
    No regular cheat days. I use 21 day fix or WW measurments. I don't sleep well maybe 4-5 hours a night
  • Sassichic33
    Options
    Thanks
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Buy a food scale, weigh all your solid foods. Measure all your caloric liquids. Log everything you eat or drink, and stick to your calorie deficit. You'll lose weight.
    Also read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

Thanks
    No
    regular cheat days. I use 21 day fix or WW measurments. I don't sleep well maybe 4-5 hours a night

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit. If you're not losing, you're not in a deficit.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
  • mccindy72
    Options
    No regular cheat days. I use 21 day fix or WW measurments. I don't sleep well maybe 4-5 hours a night

Neither one of those tells you how many calories you are taking in . 21 day fix in particular is a set up for failure. Buy the food scale and start counting your calories. You need to stick to a calorie deficit and weigh your food so you know that you are accurate with your calorie counting. Get more sleep - that is a big factor in health and weight loss.
  • Sassichic33
    Options
    Sleep is a major factor but I work, parent my children solo, and go to school. It won't always be like this. FOOD SCALE is a definite buy
    though. Thanks
  • MSQUARED7
    MSQUARED7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can get a food scale at Target for $20. It is not digital, but I like it better.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Sleep is a major factor but I work, parent my children solo, and go to school. It won't always be like this. FOOD SCALE is a definite buy
    though. Thanks

that's a tough one, I do commiserate. you gotta do what you gotta do! if you can, get a good digital food scale that has a tare feature and measures in both grams and ounces. There are multiple options on Amazon.