has anyone ate Halloween candy?

Options
2»

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    I actually didn't eat too much candy this year. I'm not a big fan of chocolate, and that's pretty much all we had left after handing candy out.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    No. My bratty children refuse to share with me, like I didn't give them the gift of life or something. Not even their nasty tootsie rolls. THEY DON'T EVEN LIKE TOOTSIE ROLLS!!

• MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    No. My bratty children refuse to share with me, like I didn't give them the gift of life or something. Not even their nasty tootsie rolls. THEY DON'T EVEN LIKE TOOTSIE ROLLS!!

I'm pretty sure I'm reading sarcasm here.

My kids have always known they have to pay the "mom tax" in candy for me taking them trick or treating. I liked it better when they were younger though, and were super shy about taking candy, they would just grab anything, and end up with a bunch of things they don't like, which I got in addition to the mom tax. Now they know what they like and only take those. And I get to stare at all the reese's and milky ways in their buckets after I have gobbled up my share.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »

Haha, that's what bedtime is for at my house!
  • mikene12
    mikene12 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I had some on Halloween.....don't judge me ;)
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Despite having plenty of leftovers and having purchased more discounted candy than I should, I haven't really indulged in the candy this year. It's nice if I've even eaten 500 calories worth of the stuff yet.

Although last night I did go through the mountain of candy that I have left and made an advent calendar for Christmas with some of them.

If my candy calendar goes well, I'll just restock it every month for 2016 and by the time Halloween 2016 comes around the candy should be all gone. :)
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Yes but not nearly as much as I usually do.
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did but I can honestly say that I did very well this year because I did not gain weight from it. The day of Halloween I put some in the deck door but then a couple of days later I put them in the candy jar for others to eat because I DO NOT want to go over my sugar requirement! :)
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I had a bag of peanut butter cups. Sorry not sorry.
  • nicolebaugh518
    nicolebaugh518 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not me. I'm trying to avoid it for the rest of this year. So far so good.
  • alanlifts12
    alanlifts12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had some healthy treats.. pumpkin biscuits and some soup.. found some good ideas here http://www.myhealthshop.co.uk/blog/healthy-ish-halloween-food-ideas-our-top-5-ideas-from-the-web/
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    We have a bag of the minis. I have one if there are no better dessert offers. My sweet tooth has greatly diminished since I started keeping my sugar macro low.,
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    YES. I am trying to stop though. *cough*ALMONDJOY*cough*
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't need for it to be Halloween for me to eat candy. :)