What's your pets nickname

Options

Replies

• PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    This is a great post, because I do the same thing. I have a pitbull/german short haired pointer mix and her real name is Smuckers. Pooboo, pookalita, slickers (that's when she's kissy), smackers (when she needs a smack for misbehaving, I don't but I want too) sleepy time puppy (when she's napping on the couch) and snuggle time puppy (when she jumps on my shoulders, falls back, and lays in my arms like a baby).

Then I have a shiba inu/basenji mix named Daisy. We call her daisyboo, ginger puppy (she's orange) Orangina, lickaloto'pus, hersey's (like the kisses) and Rat face. She makes a nasty face when she gets mad at Smuckers. It's hilarious!!

Do you make a voice for your animals too? I do, it's nuts!!!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My cat [Sasha] goes by Snash, Snashers, Snasha & Boo...she actually responds to both Sasha & Boo because I use them so often.

My cat [Charlee] goes by fatty, chunks & my mom calls her chunk-a-lunk, lol...she only responds to Mya because that was her name before we had to change it.

My cat [Floyd] is deaf, so he goes by whatever you want to call him, haha....we usually just call him "The Floyd" because he's awesome.

My dog [Mya (hence having to change the cat's name)] comes to Mya & Charlie (kind of ironic...she was a rescue, so maybe her name used to be Charlie?)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Beavis the Pekingese is Beefy or Beefcake, as well as some names I can't repeat on here without being censored.

With the cats, Gypsy is Bunny, Bun Bun, or Gypsy Buns, because she has incredibly soft plush fur. Gracie was Fat White Lump, but she's not fat anymore. I still call her Chunkers, though. Pippin and Trevor both share the nickname Mr. Wonderful, because they are wonderful. :heart: Pippin doesn't so much have a nickname as a particularly horrible way I screech "PIPPPPPIIIIIINNNNN!" that makes him come running. That cat has better recall the a dog. Trevor is also "Trevor Mac Fergus" because he's so much like my departed cat Fergus in personality and fluffiness. River is another long-haired cat nicknamed Muttonchops (for her great silvery sideburns), and Paddle Paws or Riverdance because of the way she kneads with great vigor for such a small cat. Booger lost out in the name lottery. I didn't think I'd keep her, so didn't put too much thought in her name. She has two black dots on each nostril. I typically call her Boogie or Boogie Monster... sometimes Stumpy because she's short and thick. Ms Pretty is River, Trevor, and Boogs' mother - she was a stray who "kindly" brought me her litter - and is either Mama or Little Snowball Head.

Yes. It's a full house here. Anyone want to volunteer to help with the litterboxes?
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    We hava a cat named Nib..i call him niblet, others call him nibbers. Dog named Owen Charles..O-ski, O-man, just plain O. Then there is Luci Grace (both dogs are poms)...you know, no nickname for her. Just Luci. Huh...
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I do this too!

We've got Rocky- he's called : Rock, P-Rock-She-Bang-Bang, Keepers, Ro-Keep, and Keep
    and Duke- Dukakis, Bubba, Bubbs, Gingerbear, Big Man (He weighs 100 lbs), and puppa-chup
  • symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We call my cat Selena...bean, beaner, beanhead, dodo
    My cat Matzel is called...Matzie, Matzeltotz, Matz, Tubba
    oh and you'll like this one....I call my cat Lilly...Lillian Michaels :p
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have a cat named Hemingway and we call him Hemi for short because when he was a kitten he purred so loud it was like a little Hemi engine. And it just fits too since it's the first part of his name.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I have a cat named Pearl, she is Perp, Perpie, Perlissa, Pearl Ann, Perpie Face

My other cat is Mewme, goes by Mew, Moo, Moome, Moo Moo
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My dogs name is Shorty but I call him "shorty wow wow", "dopey dog", "big nose"
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have an English Bulldog named Dixie. She gets called Dixo quite frequently!!

Pictures of her cuteness on my profile :-) (Shameless profile plug)
  • virgo1978
    virgo1978 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My dog's name is Riley. I call him soooo many things such as: Rye, Rye Guy, Bubbas, Bubba Rye, Peanut, Monster. He's got a middle name too of course, so when he's in trouble it's Riley James. :)

I love all the nicknames. :) Pets are amazing!
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have 3 shih-tzu's and they are:

Buttercup: Pretty girl, pwettiest, pwettypwetty
    Winston: Winst, Winthon, Gooboy
    Homer: Homey, Omey, Pisser (he's got spraying issues)

Or if I'm mad at them I call them Cabrones. Spanish curse word....LOL

On the same note, I have nicknames for my kids:

Victoria: Tori, TorTor, Princess Tori or Victoria Nicole when she's in trouble
    Richard: Jr, Poppa Bear, Pops, My Guapo (spanish for handsome)
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    dumb dog :flowerforyou: love her to bits, but she has her blonde moments!
  • Fawnie
    Fawnie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    one of my cats name is tiger but we always call him chubby/chubbers

& for my two new kittens, they dont really have any 'stuck' names yet
    but i call one choco moko & the other pretty boy
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    I have 2 dogs one called cookie but I call her tokaayyyy, and one called muffin who I call pops because she passes wind a lot!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Ha ha .. I do this too. My Anatolian's (dog) name is Bear, but I call him Bubba.

My St. Bernard's name is Arnold, but I call him stinky (he's earned it).

:)
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    My dog's name is Winston and we call him Winstoni. My nieces always say "Winstoni who eats macaroni!" lol My mom also calls him "little guy" and "pumpkin"
  • grumpybearchemo
    Options
    I have a leopard gecko called Sahara and her nick name is Bug, she was given this name by my sister and its now stuck.
    She's also like me is on a diet, as shes on the chubby side lol just like me
  • MGleason2010
    MGleason2010 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So I have a Tweenie Dachshund named Dexter, and I realized I call him by every other name other than that one. He is Bug, Buggins, Frodo Buggins and sexy dexy. What are your pets nicknames??

ahhh I have 2 tweenie doxies too!

5 yr old Mya - nicknames: My, boo boo, Kujo and Fatty (she's a little chunk chunk herself and is SUPER lazy)
    2 yr old Riley - nicknames: Miley, Gizmo, slinky, and Springs (she jumps all the time, couldn't keep that doxie down so I gave up)
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I have two cats - Augustine and Contessa, which naturally, were intended to be referred to as "Augie" and "Tess", however more often than not, that doesn't end up being the case...

Augustine - Augie, Augie Man, Augie Pants, Mister Pants, Mister
    Contessa - Tess, Tessie, Missy, Miss Mess, Tessie Messy, Silly Girl, and Stupid (she's not a bright cat)