reducing the calories in peanut butter

Options
hi fitness junkies,
i am hoping you might have some suggestions for me. i am absolutely crazy for peanut butter, but it's so high in calories! i recently started mixing it with lowfat cottage cheese and cinnamon and spreading that on apples (yum!) but i was wondering if there is anything else you guys cut your peanut butter with, so i can enjoy it even more often. thanks!

Replies

• rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    PB2 is great if you can find it. Search for the other discussions about it to find out more. It's a powdered peanut butter, you add water. 2 TB is 45 calories!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    You can add pureed pumpkin (the kind from a can for pumpkin pie) - adds vitamins and makes it go further. It makes a good dip for apples. You can also stram and puree some carrots and mix with PB. I love PB too. In fact, I had PB and J for a snack and dinner yesterday. I like to use those Arnold's thin buns (1 bun = 100 cals), or the pepperidge farms Very Thin bread ( 3 slices = 1 slice normal bread). Good luck.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    PB2 is great if you can find it. Search for the other discussions about it to find out more. It's a powdered peanut butter, you add water. 2 TB is 45 calories!

I definitely agree! I love PB2! I eat it with fruit (apples, bananas) or veggies (mainly celery). I put it in protein smoothies. I'd even like to try to start cooking with it...like Thai peanut sauce or something (just have to find the time and a good recipe). It's delicious and simple (ingredients: peanuts, salt, sugar)

IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Do 1 part pb, 2-4 parts greek yogurt (plain)

I like 2 parts, because i like more pb taste, but the recipe calls for 4.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

I definitely agree! I love PB2! I eat it with fruit (apples, bananas) or veggies (mainly celery). I put it in protein smoothies. I'd even like to try to start cooking with it...like Thai peanut sauce or something (just have to find the time and a good recipe). It's delicious and simple (ingredients: peanuts, salt, sugar)

IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg

Their website has recipes!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg

How many carbs are in thePB2?
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options

How many carbs are in thePB2?

Hey, sorry about that...I should have resized the pic it kind of cut off the label and I didn't notice. One serving has 5g carbs, 2g fiber, 1g sugar, and 5g protein. I think that's all of the information on the label that isn't shown in the picture. Again, my apologies. =)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    @Dnsnyder - Thanks I am going to look into getting me some of that.
  • heidipierce
    Options
    thanks, everyone! it certainly looks like i'll be getting some PB2, after all the positive reviews.
  • colorfulenergy
    Options
    I never heard of powdered peanut butter. I will have to look for it. What I use is no sugar, no salt PB. I have to watch my sugar intake but like the protein of PB.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    bump