What's your pets nickname

Options

Replies

• susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Many years ago I had a chow chow called prince who was always called poobies we now have 2 cats who were named stella and lily when we got them ,we call one baby cat and the other puppy cat .
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I have two cats - Augustine and Contessa, which naturally, were intended to be referred to as "Augie" and "Tess", however more often than not, that doesn't end up being the case...

Augustine - Augie, Augie Man, Augie Pants, Mister Pants, Mister
    Contessa - Tess, Tessie, Missy, Miss Mess, Tessie Messy, Silly Girl, and Stupid (she's not a bright cat)

Oh - and Augie also gets called Rusty because he purrs so loud that he sounds like he needs oiled. ;)
    And... Tess is also Monkey Girl or Ephalant (she walks very loudly for a cat)
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    We call my cat Selena...bean, beaner, beanhead,
    Anyone else see the humor in this?
  • beckbop
    beckbop Posts: 75
    Options
    Many years ago I had a chow chow called prince who was always called poobies we now have 2 cats who were named stella and lily when we got them ,we call one baby cat and the other puppy cat .

yay :) or puppy dog, little cat, little baby, shnitzel :laugh:
  • jroszkowiak
    jroszkowiak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a beagle who goes by the names Papa Bear, Xavi, Papa, Xay... can't remember the others.

His full name is Xavier.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's strange I tell ya. We have 3 dogs 2 cats and they ALL have nicknames!

Cats: China ~ stinky, hairball, old lady (she and her sister are 14) and kitterkins.
    KoKoMo ~ Koko, ittybittykitty (she is very tiny) princess flufferpuff.

Loki ~ Loki Poki Pants (don't know why) The Lokster, Loki monster, Baabaa's (like the sound a sheep makes) He is a 100+lbs Lab/pyrnees mix
    Mason ~ We do a funny strange French sounding accent when we say his name and then there's Tons of Fun, Loaf and Too Wiggly. He is a schipperkee (pronounced skipper key)
    Cody ~ Cody Ba Bo-dy (pronounced like Cody) Coders, Mister Man. Hubby calls him poop nugget :( He is also a Schipperkee.

We even have a nickname for our youngest daughter. She is Haley Bailey Hossenpheffer. She HATES it LOL.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I call Tootsie, my 10 year old chihuahua cross, "Puppy".
  • oregon_mama
    oregon_mama Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do this as well. I have a blond lab named DUKE and we call him DUKES,DUKEY DUKE, DUKEY BOOTY
    I also have a Chihuahua named Chewie, He is the old man of my house. His nick name is "old man" or chewie train, chewbs.
    Funny how they will respond to their nicknames. Dogs are such smart animals! I love my boys
  • oregon_mama
    oregon_mama Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do this as well. I have a blond lab named DUKE and we call him DUKES,DUKEY DUKE, DUKEY BOOTY
    I also have a Chihuahua named Chewie, He is the old man of my house. His nick name is "old man" or chewie train, chewbs.
    Funny how they will respond to their nicknames. Dogs are such smart animals! I love my boys
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    All cats:

George (15 yo in July) - Georgie Porgie, Baby
    Bilbo - BilboButt, BigBoy
    Nyarlathotep the Crawling Chaos - Nya, Yo! Black Cat, DammitNya
    Ivan - Vanya, Yo! Black Cat
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My cat Killer...her nickname is Smooch
    My cat King...his nickname is Chunkerbutt (I think I'm making him self conscious though...LOL)
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options

yay :) or puppy dog, little cat, little baby, shnitzel :laugh:

forgot about shnitzel ,knew there was another one or maybe killer at the minute !
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    LOL. I'm glad my family isn't the only one to have nicknames for our pets.

Sunshine (the dog) is aka: Swuppy (sweet puppy), Poggie (people doggie), Poop Breath (:sick: GROSS-he "cleans" the litter box for me) and his full name Sunshine Scooby Do Swuppy Richards (when he's in trouble)

Player (cat) is aka: Boss Man, Big Boss Man and Vampire Cat (he only goes out at night)

Belle (cat) is aka: Princess, Pretty Princess, Pretty Girl and Miss Jealous

And yes, all of our pets have specific voices that they use to talk to us with!! :happy:
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Bella - Belly Bell

Murray - King Murray or *kitten*
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My dog is Radar and his nickname is Radar Detector. ;) He even has a song. I'd type it here, but it wouldn't be nearly as fun without being able to hear it. I tend to give my pets nicknames & theme songs.

In college I had a Betta fish named Charlie. I always had to take him home on holidays so I'd put him in a tupperware bowl and sing his song on the way home. It went something like this, "His name is Charlie. He's Charlie the Fish. He goes with me to school and he goes home in a dish." I actually cried when he died at the ripe old fish age of 2.

I know... I'm weird ;)
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My LARGE (115 lbs) dog's nickname is Fathead - he's not fat, he's actually all muscle! but his HUGE head is always in the way (usually the tv remote) so he has easily adapted that name :o) His real name is Deputy and I've always called my pets "Bub" as an endearing knickname and he will answer to it - sometimes people think his name is Bubba when we are in public!
  • Omicron
    Omicron Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One of our cats is named Potato, we call him Spud, Spuddy Buddy and Spudicus.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    our cat name is harry...but we call him fur ball and hair ball.
  • SidneyShotgun
    Options
    My cat's name is TC because she was deamed Troublsome Cat when she was little. Now I call her all kinds of stuff. Tiny Cat, Tiny, Smooshie Kitty, Fluffy Butt, Stinky, Fuzzzy Cat.... poor thing.
  • SweetAngelique
    Options
    My daughter’s cat is named Serafina. My other daughter cat name is Justin which is Serafina’s son. My Kittens name is Abigail was also birth to Srafina and then there is Dexter which is Serafinas as well. Wow Serafina has gone through a few pregnancy and we tend t keep a cat form each one. What can I say, We are cat lovers. :love: O and then there is Pelucin our dog who loves to play with our cats and beat us at soccer ball lol..:bigsmile:

Oh and the nick name for our cats are all " Mi amor " and for our dog "Hermoso"