advice plz

Options
im currently at 146lb but for me thats small as im quiet tall at 6ft 2." Want to gain at least 2 or 3 stone but as quick as possible .. any advice welcome

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Eat big and lift hard
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    If you gain it too quick it will go on as fat. Set your calories at 100-200 above a day and lift heavy.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you gain it too quick it will go on as fat. Set your calories at 100-200 above a day and lift heavy.

250 is the lowest recommended.. but you can do 10% above tdee also or 500 if you want to gain a little faster.
  • martinannetts89
    martinannetts89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • burdett124
    burdett124 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    im currently at 146lb but for me thats small as im quiet tall at 6ft 2." Want to gain at least 2 or 3 stone but as quick as possible .. any advice welcome

You need a few things.
    1: Lift weights. There's more to working out than just "lift weights" if you want to gain muscle, but I don't want this comment to be too long so just make sure to do some research on how to train with hypertrophy to gain muscle. An effective workout plan is important.
    2: Be in a caloric surplus. This means you're taking in more calories than you burn off. But calories aren't all that's important, you also need a lot of protein. I'd say anywhere around 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. So you weigh 146, so you want around that many grams of protein a day. Well honestly you could probably start off with just taking in 120-130 grams of protein a day and be fine. There's a lot more to it than calories and protein so just make sure you do some research and find a healthy diet that works for you.
    3. Sleep. Sleep is extremely important for muscle recovery.
    Make sure you do some more research online though because there's more to it than this. Find an effective workout and diet plan and work from there. I would go into more detail but I'm sure you can figure it out with a bit of research. I hope it all works out for you.
  • martinannetts89
    Options
    burdett124 wrote: »

You need a few things.
    1: Lift weights. There's more to working out than just "lift weights" if you want to gain muscle, but I don't want this comment to be too long so just make sure to do some research on how to train with hypertrophy to gain muscle. An effective workout plan is important.
    2: Be in a caloric surplus. This means you're taking in more calories than you burn off. But calories aren't all that's important, you also need a lot of protein. I'd say anywhere around 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. So you weigh 146, so you want around that many grams of protein a day. Well honestly you could probably start off with just taking in 120-130 grams of protein a day and be fine. There's a lot more to it than calories and protein so just make sure you do some research and find a healthy diet that works for you.
    Make sure you do some more research online though because there's more to it than this. Find an effective workout and diet plan and work from there. I would go into more detail but I'm sure you can figure it out with a bit of research. I hope it all works out for you.
    Thanks alot it was very helpful
  • burdett124
    Options

You need a few things.

Don't mention it, happy to help. I was once where you're at and it can be overwhelming.
  • martinannetts89
    Options

You need a few things.

Don't mention it, happy to help. I was once where you're at and it can be overwhelming.
    it is very ... and also a struggle getting calories in .. but still early days and its definitely worth it

• burdett124
    Options

You need a few things.

it is very ... and also a struggle getting calories in .. but still early days and its definitely worth it

Go on google and get on the BMR calculator and type in what it asks to find your BMR. After you find your BMR, add

You need a few things.

My bad on that previous comment, lol. Anyway go on google. Google "BMR Calculator" and find out your BMR. It's quite simple, it's an online calculator that calculates how many calories you naturally burn a day in a sedentary state. You'll just have to type in your height, weight, things like that. Now, after you know your BMR google
  • burdett124
    Options
    After you know your BMR just get on this link http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/ and do the simple equation. After you do that, add 300 to whatever number you get. That's a rough estimate of how many calories you want to take in a day.
  • martinannetts89
    Options
    After you know your BMR just get on this link http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/ and do the simple equation. After you do that, add 300 to whatever number you get. That's a rough estimate of how many calories you want to take in a day.
    Thanku very much
  • burdett124
    Options
    Thanku very much
    You're welcome, that was probably confusing to read but it's hard to put in words online like this. cx