November 2015 NO WEEKDAY alcohol!

Options

Replies

• lisak7971
    lisak7971 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    I'll attempt this too. I usually drink a hard cider once or twice a week while cooking dinner, but I'm sure I can give up alcohol all month.

I like to drink wine while cooking too.
    2 days of no wine so far.
    Hope to make it to Friday
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Day 3 complete!
  • jihamaki
    jihamaki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes- I'm in!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    So far so good!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    How did everyone do on their first week?
  • bunnyhugger2015
    bunnyhugger2015 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want in! I'm sure it's the wine that's keeping me from losing those last 5 pounds. And working out. :neutral:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I want in! I'm sure it's the wine that's keeping me from losing those last 5 pounds. And working out. :neutral:

Join! I'm at the high end of my happy range, so the weekday wine has to go for a while.
  • bunnyhugger2015
    Options
    I'm hoping that abstaining on school days will be a good compromise - not giving it up, just restricting.

Has anybody substituted something for settling in at the end of the day and wanting to treat yourself for making it through alive, lol? As it gets colder, I'm thinking maybe a hot mug of coffee (decaf) with flavoring might be comforting. We're not quite there yet (and I don't want to rush winter!). I want something other than plain water...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm hoping that abstaining on school days will be a good compromise - not giving it up, just restricting.

Has anybody substituted something for settling in at the end of the day and wanting to treat yourself for making it through alive, lol? As it gets colder, I'm thinking maybe a hot mug of coffee (decaf) with flavoring might be comforting. We're not quite there yet (and I don't want to rush winter!). I want something other than plain water...

My two go tos when I do this are: dark chocolate and licorice tea in the winter.
  • Amberdoodledawn
    Amberdoodledawn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did licorice mint tea the other day it wasn't so bad not the same as my nightcap but I can do it for a month
  • bunnyhugger2015
    Options
    Licorice does not sound good to me at all, lol. I always throw away the black jelly beans...
    Forgoing the wine gives me a few calories to play with so maybe I'll try hot cocoa. It's supposed to get down in the 30s tonight.

This is a hard time of day for me - I love to have a glass or three with my dinner. :/
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Licorice does not sound good to me at all, lol. I always throw away the black jelly beans...
    Forgoing the wine gives me a few calories to play with so maybe I'll try hot cocoa. It's supposed to get down in the 30s tonight.

This is a hard time of day for me - I love to have a glass or three with my dinner. :/

Hot cocoa sounds great! Or a nice cider.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Alas, I gave in a bit last night. A romantic dinner with hubs at a very nice new restaurant. I had ONE. I'm pleased with that.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,988 Member
    Options
    I agree with the hot cocoa option. I also bought some non alcoholic beer. It is fine but I noticed last night I didn't finish the glass.

This has been very nice. I wanted to abstain from alcohol because I have been getting more and more migraines whenever I have a drink. It used to be just wine and vodka acting as a trigger and I stopped drinking them years ago. But now beer and other alcohols are acting as a trigger too. I am enjoying headache free days.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    I agree with the hot cocoa option. I also bought some non alcoholic beer. It is fine but I noticed last night I didn't finish the glass.

This has been very nice. I wanted to abstain from alcohol because I have been getting more and more migraines whenever I have a drink. It used to be just wine and vodka acting as a trigger and I stopped drinking them years ago. But now beer and other alcohols are acting as a trigger too. I am enjoying headache free days.

Wonderful news!
  • kerndog87
    kerndog87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in !!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    kerndog87 wrote: »
    I'm in !!!!

Excellent!
  • bunnyhugger2015
    Options
    Well, it's become obvious that alcohol was causing my weight-loss plateau. :s
    Sun was "easy" because my horse got sick and I was up with him all night, no time to open the wine. Mon was harder. Last night, DH and I got into a tiff over said horse's vet bill so I broke down, but I only had one glass. Poured it and took it to bed with me. And I did my weight-lifting. Those are pretty big victories for me.
    Tonight might be a good one to break out the hot cocoa.
    They're playing all Christmas music on two of our local stations!!
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Except for Thanksgiving, I think I can hold off on drinking during the week. Let's see.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Except for Thanksgiving, I think I can hold off on drinking during the week. Let's see.
    Not a school night, technically. That's my definition. :)