Feeling frustrated

Options
Could use some motivation, friends!

Hitting my first plateau and would love some words of encouragement. I'm petrified that cutting down on my cardio exercise means that I'm going to gain all my weight back, even though I'm still actively burning at least 400 calories a day, and eating at a deficit. I'm thinking my body is just adjusting to not relying on so much cardio.

Can anyone toss a few words of motivation my way? Thank you! :smile:

Replies

• Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Plateaus can be frustrating and confusing. I had a three week long plateau, then went on a business trip expecting to come back and see even worse #s on the scale - I lost 5 pounds. :-)

The body does what it needs to do. Keep doing what you are doing and listen to your body.

You can change it up a bit but don't expect to smash through...

R
  • sarab260
    sarab260 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Rhyalus wrote: »
    Plateaus can be frustrating and confusing. I had a three week long plateau, then went on a business trip expecting to come back and see even worse #s on the scale - I lost 5 pounds. :-)

The body does what it needs to do. Keep doing what you are doing and listen to your body.

You can change it up a bit but don't expect to smash through...

R

Thank you! Helpful words, and I appreciate it. I have a tendency to be very hard on myself so little difficulties feel like failures. I need to keep my perspective!
  • livelaughloveandfit
    Options
    sarab260 wrote: »
    Could use some motivation, friends!

Hitting my first plateau and would love some words of encouragement. I'm petrified that cutting down on my cardio exercise means that I'm going to gain all my weight back, even though I'm still actively burning at least 400 calories a day, and eating at a deficit. I'm thinking my body is just adjusting to not relying on so much cardio.

Can anyone toss a few words of motivation my way? Thank you! :smile:

Plateaus are tough! Try switching things up like maybe doing a different work out or if you eat a lot of the same foods switch up your food intake! Going to send you a friend request!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • sarab260
    sarab260 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @queenliz99 Thanks for sharing this! I've seen this chart a few times, and unfortunately can't quite pinpoint any errors here — I use a food scale, tomorrow will be my 90 day streak of MFP, I only eat back some of my exercise calories, and I use an AppleWatch to track my fitness (which I have read, if anything, underestimates caloric burn). I've also just had my annual physical, and other than pre-existing disorders/diseases, nothing appeared abnormal.

I should be clear that my plateau is maybe not a true plateau — just a stalling of a couple weeks, when up until now my weight loss has been steady. Feel free to view my diary and you'll see that since I'm within 10lb of my goal, I'm eating more calories (~1600/day) to cut back to .5lb loss/week, and have cut down my cardio by about half (so I actively burn ~400 calories/day). So in reality my stall can probably be attributed to these changes, but I'm just terrified that these adjustments will mean I'm going to gain everything back. I'm maybe prematurely freaking out and just needed the community to tell me that it's going to be okay, haha :)

Regardless, this chart is very helpful and I'm actually going to save it to my desktop to keep myself in check! Thank you!!!