Favourite time to workout?

Options
When's your favourite time to work out? As soon as the doors open or in the middle of the night?

I still can't workout when i will stick to a schedule. Im thinking before wok will mean i go enough!

Replies

• lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I prefer to get it done about fourty seconds after I get up. :)
    I'm very much a brush my teeth and go girl..... if I leave it till later in day it just nags at me.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing. Running & rowing are first thing in the AM, riding & weights any time.....
  • kahicky
    kahicky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mid day,, having a few meals in me and fluids gives me energy to workout more intense
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    After my kids are in bed, so about 8ish at night. I've set my alarm the past few days with full intent to get up and do a morning run--didn't happen. This morning I was planning to again but I saw frost outside and went back to bed instead. I'll run tonight instead.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Morning 4am, if I wait till after work it won't happen.
  • lraymond14
    lraymond14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. I find I have more energy.
  • f1tness4life
    f1tness4life Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is there much point lifting weights in the morning when you haven't got much food in the body??
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    early morning when the streets are quiet, cool, and still a little dark.
  • Jennloella
    Options
    Is there much point lifting weights in the morning when you haven't got much food in the body??

I lift in the early AM before I eat, and brought my deadlift up to 250 this year ;) so yeah, I guess there is.
  • f1tness4life
    f1tness4life Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ah! Well done! Great - was looking for some inspiration so thanks!
  • Jennloella
    Options
    I do eat a ton....I think I do anyway....but I don't eat anything before 11am usually except coffee!!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    kahicky wrote: »
    Mid day,, having a few meals in me and fluids gives me energy to workout more intense

Ditto
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    When's your favourite time to work out? As soon as the doors open or in the middle of the night?

I still can't workout when i will stick to a schedule. Im thinking before wok will mean i go enough!

I like going to the gym as soon as I wake up, grab something quick to eat and go. I am too tired this early to talk myself out of going. If I go later in the day I can come up with a bunch of reasons why I need to skip gym today. Once I get there it usually energizes me for the rest of the day and I love that I don't have to think about getting it done later.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym first thing in the morning. I wake at 5 am and by 5:30 I am in the gym. Every morning, I make a little extra coffee so I can put a cup or two aside in the fridge for the following day. When I wake at 5:00 am, I will mix one scoop of protein powder into my cold coffee and drink it as I get ready for the gym. The protein powder gives me that little bit of energy I need to get going and the caffeine from the cold coffee helps warm my muscles up faster. A bodybuilder that goes to my gym suggested it when I complained about always having to take 20-30 minutes before my muscles felt loose and limber. Now, It takes only about 5 minutes into my cardio workout to feel my muscles getting warm. (I always do cardio before I weight train ... doesn't always work for some but it works for me).
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    9am start. The gym is normally on the quiet side, and anyone else in there is as intense as I am. I get my bar and I'm a happy camper.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    For doing casual stuff outside like going for a walk: early morning before work. Town is mostly quiet then, gets me to wake up a bit, and I start the day off feeling productive.

For doing videos like 30DS: Before I head to the gym

Gym: around 11-midnight because it's completely empty at that time, except for Elliptical Guy or Wears Jeans to Lift guy if they come late. And when I get home I'm still ready to go to sleep.
  • CardiLuxe
    CardiLuxe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Like, 1pm. :)
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Preferred - morning about an hour after I wake up.
    Usually when I can make time after work around 4:30 - 5:00 pm.