Girlfriends - I Have To Rant Here

Options

Replies

• Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Just to offer a less negative viewpoint,

You said she is newly single after never really experiencing the whole dating game, she probably is very anxious about having asked someone out and having him say yes. Also maybe she never implied to the guy it would be both of you and he assumed you would be there too since your an item? She may also feel guilty that she would like some time with him alone after you have been so generous and helpful to her the day befor.
    It sucks she couldn't be more upfront with you as to why she didn't want breakfast but to me the poor woman seems really nervous? The only thing that would change my view is if she knew how you felt about this guy, have you ever mentioned that you and him have feelings for each other and plan on dating when you no longer work together?
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    either call her out on it, OR show up for breakfast, but let the guy know what's happening. Is that petty, yes, but if she knows about your relationship with him, then she should know that she should make sure you're okay with her going for breakfast with him alone.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That is not the way you treat a friend ... that's some catty lying bull****! I would call her out on it like everyone suggested and spend my time with someone who treats me right!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd tell her "hey, guess what? *Guy friend* invited us out to brunch on Sunday, I'd really like to go, what do you think?"

Or take it one step further...

"Guy friend said he needs a wingman for an awkward invite he got to brunch on Sunday, so I'm going to go. Would you like to join?"
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Call her on it! No need to spend all that time, energy and gas when she's simply using you for what she sees as potential.
    Sorry, I just need to rant. This is ridiculous.

I have a work friend who is recently divorced with three kids. She married young and never got a lot of time to have fun before she started having kids. Her husband was unstable, so she was never able to leave the kids with him and just get out of the house. She has a family member in town for the week, so she has a baby sitter for the first time in ten years this weekend. She asked me if I would take her out dancing, and I said I'd love to.
    Fast forward to yesterday, when she tells me she also wants to go see an art museum, go out for lunch, etc.. She asks if I'll drive her around for the day, taking her to do all this stuff, and then if she can sleep at my house so she doesn't have to drive 45 minutes out to the boondocks tired and/or drunk. Of course, I said I'd love to have her.
    Last night, a coworker/very good friend/guy I will probably date as soon as one of us finds a new job sends me a message saying this woman told him she was spending the night at my house and asked if he wanted to meet for brunch on Sunday. He said he'd love to meet us, and she said "No, it's only me." He was worried that having brunch with her would send 'the wrong message' to her, and he was regretting saying yes.
    So, this morning, she finds me at work and says "You sleep in late on Sundays right?"
    I told her I usually get up early on Sundays to run, and she told me I would be tired and deserved to sleep late. She would just let herself out early in the morning.
    I told her I had planned to fix her breakfast, and she pretended to consider it for a long time, then said "No, it's your Sunday, you should just rest."
    I told her I would love to fix her breakfast, and she told me she needed to get home to make breakfast for her kids.

Seriously!? This girl *knows* she's moving in on my territory. I'm not the least bit concerned about her having brunch with my guy, but damn if I'm not pissed that she's going to stay at my house, then ditch me for brunch with my friend, and then lie to me about it!

I haven't told the guy yet that she lied to me about her breakfast plans, because I don't want him to be upset with her too. But I was looking forward to this girl's day out, and now I'm just resentful.

Ladies, what would ya'll do!?
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Cancel it she has obviously done the whole thing with plans to go out with the guy in the first place. You cancel girls night she wont have a place to stay. Then you can call her on it if you want or just blow her stupid snarky *kitten* off. People like that aren't worth your time.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    tCp90.gif

LMAO!!!!!

this is sooo "ditto"....what a great GIF....perfect for MFP forums
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    The only thing I would say in this ladies defense is if she's anything like my sis (who married young and ended up divorcing) they miss out on that bit in teenage where we figure out what is and isn't appropriate behavior and seem to go a little release crazy post divorce where they seem to try and make sure they can catch up on what we all did at a younger age ...if she has previously been a good friend then maybe it's worth having a quiet word and saying why you're angry about what she's done so there is a chance to resolve the issue amicably
  • ktyper
    ktyper Posts: 14
    Options
    I would talk to your guy friend and pre-plan the story....that he asked you to go along.....you could say something like "george asked me to go with you to lunch on Sunday - hope you don't mind" this would make it less awkward for him and still let her know about her sneaky plans!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    When two guys who are friends like the same woman and there's no exclusivity, two guys who are friends will go after her until she's rejected one unless they've discussed it beforehand, which is what guys sometimes do.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Be up front with her. No point in dancing around the subject. Be tactful, be a woman and call her out.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Call that b i t c h out.

And...
    Id punch her in the *kitten*.

this.

yes, ^this, most def!!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    She sounds awful! She lies to you about having brunch with your guy friend when obviously he was hoping you would be there too. I am sorry your female friend likes to manipulate people who are her friends.
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    Call that b i t c h out.

And...

this.

yes, ^this, most def!!
    Yep! All of the above.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Just go meet your friend for Brunch separately.

Priceless.
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options

I feel like I've found my kinfolk here. LMAO
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Lol women problems
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Smoke that puta like a cheap cigar.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't like being lied to so I would probably cancel girls day out. Then ask her if she still wants to spend the night since she has brunch with so in so.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    go meet up for brunch. hehehe.

"oh, I thought you were going to feed the kiddos. I called X up to see if he wanted to have brunch with me and he said of course"

oops. let me wipe that egg off your face. haha, what an idiot!