CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Id punch her in the *kitten*.

This and I'd show up to brunch....

LOLOLOL! YES!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Like I said, I have no problem at all with them meeting for brunch. I do have a problem with her thinking she needs to lie to me about where she's going, after staying at my house!

Did she outright lie or just omit a detail? Did you ask her where she is going on Sunday morning? If she outright lied about her Sunday morning plans, that is a big deal.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Puh-lease! You don't have to stamp something "mine" on the forehead to realize that you're moving in on her territory. Otherwise why lie about the brunch date at all?

Itching Powder in her sheets... Or something that will surely make her break out in an unseemly rash. Perhaps she's allergic to peanuts.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Ask her about it, tell him she lied, go to brunch with him instead.

Looks like he said yes in hope you were going too. Him saying to you means he feels bad that you're not going/is unsure about it and didn't want to upset you.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    It's basically the fact that her friend knows she likes this guy but yet her friend is going behind her back and not being up front about it.

Now that you put it that way, I see the problem. Makes more sense.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Puh-lease! You don't have to stamp something "mine" on the forehead to realize that you're moving in on her territory. Otherwise why lie about the brunch date at all?

Itching Powder in her sheets... Or something that will surely make her break out in an unseemly rash. Perhaps she's allergic to peanuts.

This^^
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I fail to see the problem unless you have specifically said he is off limits and she should respect your friendship.

I fail to see how the guy is your territory unless you are an exclusive couple, and it doesn't seem like you are based on what you describe.

If she's interested in him for a relationship or sexually, she can make a move on him. It is up to him to reject her, and it sounds like he will.

I think she's more annoyed with her lying about her breakfast plans.
    And I doubt she'd lie unless she knew she was doing something shady to her friend.

^^^^^This! If she feels she has to 'sneak' to go to brunch she must know you have feelings for this guy. And after all you've planned for her.....girl's night out and spending the night for convenience. She's not being a true friend!!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    *kitten* punch fo sho.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I would cancel all plans with her for the weekend, call him up and go out with him instead. While out with him I would let him know what she was trying to pull, and let her learn a lesson on honesty and being shady to friends.
  • CarrieQuiteContrary
    CarrieQuiteContrary Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What a sneaky snake!! I hate people like that. Find your own damn man. ugh
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    coworker/very good friend/guy I will probably date as soon as one of us finds a new job

Does HE know he is your territory? Doesn't sound like it. Does SHE know that you like him? I am confused...
  • abaka123
    abaka123 Posts: 48
    Options
    ^ r you waiting for a cat fight with that pop corn?:devil:
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Does she know that you and the guy "like" each other? She may not want anyone to know that she's set up a date with someone inside the workplace...which is the same reason why you and him aren't together..."yet". If she doesn't know you guys are "talking"...I wouldn't outright assume that she's just lying to sneak behind your back. Otherwise...if she does...
    Id punch her in the *kitten*.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    tCp90.gif

:laugh:
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    OP you need to move on this guy now! Who cares if you're co-workers? Obviously your friend doesn't care if he's a co-worker! I like what someone else posted on here - cancel all current plans and call this guy and make a date!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'd tell her "hey, guess what? *Guy friend* invited us out to brunch on Sunday, I'd really like to go, what do you think?"
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Have future mr. right "invite" you to brunch too and show up about 15 minutes before she does then watch the look on her face!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Okay ... why not tell her you'd still be happy to make breakfast for her in the event she changes her mind.

She'll again say, "No, it's okay. I need to get home for my children."

Then tell her, "Well if that's the case, I'm going to go ahead and meet X for brunch. I'll let him know you can't make it."
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Have future mr. right "invite" you to brunch too and show up about 15 minutes before she does then watch the look on her face!

^^^^like!
  • chatter27
    chatter27 Posts: 121
    Options
    I actually consider it more deceitful than lying, both are wrong, but I think deceiving someone is worse. I would simply be up front about the whole situation. Tell her that you know the plans she set up and that you don't mind her having brunch with him, but that you don't appreciate her being deceitful about the situation.