Fitness blender.. Does it get easier?

Options
Hello all! So I started Fitness blender videos on YouTube today. 25 minutes of warm up, HIIT then cool down. I thought I was going to vomit in the end. I'm 5'2, 181lbs, started this journey at 195lbs. I've only ever walked on the treadmill and a few Zumba classes but that got boring really quickly so decided to do at home workouts. Does this get easier?? Should I try something else? Thanks!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it. Yep, it all gets easier, so keep up the good work.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is awesome but it can be super intense. If it's so difficult that you feel miserable and you won't be able to keep doing it, dial it down a notch. Try narrowing your search to include the word "beginner". Also, don't be afraid to modify your workout if you have to. If the push-ups are just way to much, drop your knees. If you feel light headed doing the burpees, do jumping jacks in place. Make small changes that keep you moving but don't make you feel overwhelmed. You'll build up strength and be able to follow along eventually.
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm really glad to know that it does get easier. I want to get stronger but I don't want to give up because it's too hard. I have a long way to go.
    I also have trouble with jumping jacks because most of my weight is in my belly and it's so much weight to get off the ground lol.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Although it does not get easier, YOU get better, so the net effect is it's easier. Fitness Blender will give you a work out, but, since it is not monitored, you can go at your own pace and intensity. I like how they will often give you both a high and low intensity version of the current exercise. And you can, of course, stop or slow down as your current level of fitness requires. I've only used it for about two weeks, or so, and feel it is well worth continuing.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    choose a different workout...you shouldn't feel sick afterwards.

You get to do that by type, intensity, time etc.
  • mrsnazario1219
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

What would you suggest?
  • mrsnazario1219
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Although it does not get easier, YOU get better, so the net effect is it's easier. Fitness Blender will give you a work out, but, since it is not monitored, you can go at your own pace and intensity. I like how they will often give you both a high and low intensity version of the current exercise. And you can, of course, stop or slow down as your current level of fitness requires. I've only used it for about two weeks, or so, and feel it is well worth continuing.

I was able to modify so I'm glad for that. Thank you!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    If you go to fitnessblender.com, they have a way to choose workouts based on intensity. Maybe scale down from whatever you were doing.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm really glad to know that it does get easier. I want to get stronger but I don't want to give up because it's too hard. I have a long way to go.
    I also have trouble with jumping jacks because most of my weight is in my belly and it's so much weight to get off the ground lol.

Haha, I've been there. If all else fails, just keep moving. Move your arms in a jumping jack movement but forego the feet...or march instead of jump. Walk in a circle really pumping your arms. Do arm circles. Punch the air in front of you. Anything that keeps you moving.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    They show a low impact "jumping Jack" where you step side to side while raising you arms over your head jumping jack style. If the current exercise is too much too strenous, too long, stop and go into the "boxers shuffle" just keep your feet moving up to you ability. You'll get better, do more and feel better as you go along.

They have a search where you can focus on low impact if you need that for now.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    It gets easier eventually. Maybe the video you did was too advanced for you. I use FitnessBlender and when I first started out I started with the beginner videos that weren't too strenuous and eventually worked my way up to the harder videos.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It does get easier as you get fitter. Fitness blender are awesome...they do low impact,beginners are easier workouts...Just start with level one.
    What I like about them is how normal they are, as a fan of Jillian Michaels yelling at me,I found these two struggling along with me most refreshing.
    Keep at it.
  • mrsnazario1219
    Options
    Thanks all! I just added some level 2 low impact exercises to my calendar :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

What would you suggest?

@mrsnazario1219 I would start with mid to lower range HIIT workouts personally with no resistance...just body weight.

Move to mid level with some small weights go from there.

I am in pretty good shape and some of their workouts still kick my butt...

I would search for HIIT 2-3 intensity level between 15-30 mins total body but sticking to 15-20 mins if it's level 3 or 25-30 if it's level 2
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    When I find a video is too much for me, I either modify the move to something I can do with good form or take a break by marching in place. I figure with this method I will eventually be strong enough to finish it completely!

There's also soooo many options on youtube. Sometimes I watch them through without following along just to gauge the intensity of the moves.
  • mrsnazario1219
    Options
    I did a low intensity HIIT today and it was so much better. So much so that I added a Walk at Home video. Problem is, my WHOLE body hurts now. Getting up, bending over, sitting down it all hurts. I'm walking like an old lady. Last night I couldn't sleep. I had to take a Motrin at about 3am so I could sleep. I read that you should continue to exercise to help with soreness. But now I'm in more pain. How do you deal with this?