disgusted with myself.

Options
2»

Replies

• LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I'm not new, but starting over again, I'm in the 200's to so I sent you a friend request. Right now I'm focusing on one meal at a time, and starting slowly working out (till I get some heart test done the drs don't want me over doing it I'm doing a mile walk on my days off and a plank challenge.)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, there is nothing you can do about the past, you only have control over today. Put your stats into MFP and if it helps, pick a small goal, like half a pound per week. And just start logging. Eventually it will become a habit and you won't always need to rely on motivation. Pick one small thing to change each week, something you KNOW you can do. The little things may seem like a waste of time, but doing nothing would be a far worse waste of time, right?

You can do it, MFP is full of normal people who have. Best of luck :)
  • randomsue
    randomsue Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    OP, you are wonderful and beautiful! We all are!! You already took the first step by seeking out help. Set small achievable goals.For example, a goal could be to not skip meals. To add a vegetable to every meal, to walk for 15 minutes 3 times a week or everyday. You choose goals thats important to you and achievable and work on that while logging here on mfp. You will have ups and downs (we all do) but you can do it.
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I think most people on this site have been there. The worst is when I saw a picture of myself fishing with my son....i was literally 2x as wide as him. Then I went to the doctor a few months later and stepped on the scale. That did it. I finally had proof that I was obese and I had to change. I have never been this big! Not even when I was 9 months pregnant....ugggghhhh
    But since june I have lost a little over 20 pounds. I have slipped many times, I skipped gym days, but i kept going forward. At first I had to treat it like a job. I "had" to eat healthy 90% of the time. I "had" to go for a walk or do something active everyday. Then It got easier and I started to enjoy it again. But it did not happen over night. I feel good. My body doesnt hurt. I have more energy. I dont sweat walking up the stairs. I might be able to get off my blood pressure meds if I loose another 30 pounds. I hope by next year at this time I will be back in some of my old clothes.
    You can do this. You are already making a step. You are on here and saying you want things to change. Surround yourself with the right people. This site is full of people that will help you and share their stories with you. I have over 60 pounds to loose, and everyday I have to check in with myself.
    Dont give up.
  • futureMrsM1001
    futureMrsM1001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Believe me you are not alone. I feel the same way. I am 270ish pounds and its the most I have ever weighed. I have a hard time loving myself as well. I know its going to be hard, but I believe we can both do this! you are more than welcome to add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    randomsue wrote: »
    OP, you are wonderful and beautiful! We all are!! You already took the first step by seeking out help. Set small achievable goals.For example, a goal could be to not skip meals. To add a vegetable to every meal, to walk for 15 minutes 3 times a week or everyday. You choose goals thats important to you and achievable and work on that while logging here on mfp. You will have ups and downs (we all do) but you can do it.

<3
  • Paleodiet4beginnersdotcom
    Options
    Hey there, It makes me so happy to see so much support here.

We have all been there and the important thing is that you have taken the first step.

You will make it, this is why forums like this are so amazing.

I am here to serve, ask me anything and I will do my best to help

Alfie
  • randomsue
    randomsue Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Believe me you are not alone. I feel the same way. I am 270ish pounds and its the most I have ever weighed. I have a hard time loving myself as well. I know its going to be hard, but I believe we can both do this! you are more than welcome to add me as a friend and we can help motivate each other!

You CAN do this! We all can! :)
  • ssheets32
    ssheets32 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Omg you all are so amazing. I almost gave up again yesterday but I'm not going too. I'm gonna keep fighting.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    ssheets32 wrote: »
    Omg you all are so amazing. I almost gave up again yesterday but I'm not going too. I'm gonna keep fighting.

One day at a time....