Moving on from a break up

Options
lislisa123
lislisa123 Posts: 595 Member
edited November 2015 in Chit-Chat
I'm currently dealing with a bad breakup, I was with my boyfriend for 2 and a half year. I loved him but not like a deep head over heels kind of love. I recently found out he lied and cheated on me and I heard it usually takes the average person about 3months to get over a breakup but I don't think includes people dating for a long time, in love and in a bad break up ( dealing with betrayal ) but I was curious what would you say is the amount of time it takes to move on from a breakup?

Replies

• JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    A good wank and a video game.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    it depends on the length , type and kind of relationship i think

also how it ended probably factors in

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    JackKopCh wrote: »

This guy gets it
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    JackKopCh wrote: »

Actually, both of those take at least a week of practice to do well enough to move on.

Like hours a day.

And add beer.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    the best way to get over someone.......
  • drbuzzard91
    drbuzzard91 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    im going through the same thing right now and im not sure.
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Don't get drunk! You'll feel so much worse the next day! And you can't just keep drinking everyday...
    Best way, like jack said 'wank' (ahem) careful though they tend to turn into 'cranks', cry-wanks, as you start to remember the other person mid wank..
    Good food, friends, nature, let yourself cry, be angry! Just let your emotions flow and don't feel bad if your not getting "better" fast enough, it's a grieving process and it will take time to feel better and that's ok.
    Google break up withdrawal also.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd call a friend and drink some beer. I know breaking up is a hard thing to adjust to. I'm not really one to give advice because I usually jump on the next guy I see after a break up lol
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    I'm currently dealing with a bad breakup, I was with my boyfriend for 2 and a half year. I loved him but not like a deep head over heels kind of love. I recently found out he lied and cheated on me and I heard it usually takes the average person about 3months to get over a breakup but I don't think includes people dating for a long time, in love and in a bad break up ( dealing with betrayal ) but I was curious what would you say is the amount of time it takes to move on from a breakup?

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Breakups are excruciating at times. Distractions are always a good way to ease the pain. :)

Boys are stupid. Haha!
    J/K.....ok maybe not so much. ;)
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My last break up I used as motivation to buy a house. I worked my tail off all kinds of hours and I had a baby to take care of (with the help of my mom). Basically, I was so busy I didn't have time to think about him for any great deal of time. So, me, if I were you, I would be in the gym like a fiend...then let him see the new you... what's the saying, there's nothing better in getting back at an ex than to become successful. It works!
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    lislisa123 wrote: »

Boys People are stupid. Haha!

FTFY