Food rut... again

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I don't feel like eating anything at the moment. It's actually a big problem because I don't find much of anything satisfying, which actually makes me more likely to eat more or to snack on sweets, hoping that I can find something that's actually satisfying, if that makes sense (I haven't gone over my goal since this happened though, so there's that).

Usually I plan my meals around what I'm craving, and it's been difficult because I'm not craving anything, so I don't even know what to buy, and I really don't feel like cooking some fancy meal I'm not even going to enjoy that much... I was thinking of going out for lunch this week end and looked around at menus and absolutely nothing looked good (even less worth spending too many calories on). So I took the kids to Wendy's and just had leftovers later.

I WAS craving a chocolate croissant and got that for breakfast (after weeks of craving) and it was amazing and delicious and I just realized that food just tastes so much better when you REALLY want it. But I don't want anything. I've been eating the same leftovers for days and don't feel like cooking and really don't want to eat the same leftovers again tonight, but I don't feel like cooking anything either, and I just hate this. I'm supposed to love food, and a tasty meal makes me happy, so this is making me sad.

Does it happen to anyone else? Any tip to get out of it? Been looking at recipes but everything just seems like too much work.

Replies

• amehh91
    amehh91 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling sort of similar at the moment but I'm attributing it down to some serious wisdom tooth pain (waiting for referral to have them out - throbbing pain in all teeth on the right hand side and taking paracetomal and ibuprofen every 2 hours alternately to manage the pain, bleh).

I'm hungry and I know I should eat but nothing fills me with happiness or excitement to have, it's just food (I usually LOVE food). Interestingly, although I could easily eat a lot less feeling like this, I'm still eating up to goal most days, just filling up on things that I'd usually love to have like a couple of biscuits or some chocolate, but it isn't helping.

Sorry I have no advice but you aren't alone! Hope I might enjoy food again when I'm not in pain haha
  • phrankdatank
    phrankdatank Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Keep foods around that do not require cooking/ much prep: yogurt, cottage cheese, cold cuts, cheese, canned tuna or salmon, Krab sticks, fresh fruit, precut veggies, bagged lettuce, almonds, macadamias.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    hmm...do you have any old favorites to fall back on? At least things that you like alot and have cooked many times might be easier to make. I definitely go through phases where I do not want to cook at all. I almost always have simple things in the fridge or freezer that aren't too much work: hamburgers, hot dogs, pasta with pre-made sauce, frozen pizza, sandwiches/wraps. I can always throw a pound of beans in the crock pot. Not wanting to cook AND being bored with food, though...that's a poser. Maybe you should just snack on yogurt and chips for a couple days :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise?

Yeah almost every day lol.

And I have food, I have to feed my family, it's just hard to get excited about it when I don't feel like having anything.