plateau

Options
so I have been regularly hitting the gym and generally speaking staying within my calories where I'd still lose weight. But I have seemed to plateau in progress. I have not lost a pound in over a month. I'm getting discouraged. Anyone have any successful gym routines for belly fat? Or maybe a structured diet/exercise regime?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It may be something as simple as changing up your routine a bit. If you are doing a lot of cardio cut some out and lift weights. If you've been eating strict - eat more for a day or two. your body will adapt to a low cal diet and you will require less cals. I really can't give advice without more info like training routine & diet. That flow chart makes sense. The belly fat will be the last to go. Eastcoast Jim
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    nnnaq5rggu08.jpg

Follow this chart to see what you can do to lose again. Also, you can't spot reduce, the fat will come off from all over.
  • livelaughloveandfit
    Options
    delaynaaa wrote: »
    so I have been regularly hitting the gym and generally speaking staying within my calories where I'd still lose weight. But I have seemed to plateau in progress. I have not lost a pound in over a month. I'm getting discouraged. Anyone have any successful gym routines for belly fat? Or maybe a structured diet/exercise regime?

Have you measured your self or taken pictures? Sometimes when you arnt losing weight you could be losing inches!
  • delaynaaa
    delaynaaa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ecjim wrote: »
    It may be something as simple as changing up your routine a bit. If you are doing a lot of cardio cut some out and lift weights. If you've been eating strict - eat more for a day or two. your body will adapt to a low cal diet and you will require less cals. I really can't give advice without more info like training routine & diet. That flow chart makes sense. The belly fat will be the last to go. Eastcoast Jim

My routine does included weights and cardio six days a week. I try to switch it up everyday between the machines I use for cardio/ the muscles I hit day to day. I have been losing inches. Today makes three months of a steady diet/exercise. I just wasn't sure if anyone has maybe a day to day routine that works for them. My arms seem to be the most changed. I guess I'll just be more patient with my belly. Thanks for the tips
  • delaynaaa
    delaynaaa Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Have you measured your self or taken pictures? Sometimes when you arnt losing weight you could be losing inches!

I have lost a few inches. Maybe I'm just getting antsy. Hoping to get into a bikini this summer! It would make my first time in my adult life!

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    ecjim wrote: »

My routine does included weights and cardio six days a week. I try to switch it up everyday between the machines I use for cardio/ the muscles I hit day to day. I have been losing inches. Today makes three months of a steady diet/exercise. I just wasn't sure if anyone has maybe a day to day routine that works for them. My arms seem to be the most changed. I guess I'll just be more patient with my belly. Thanks for the tips

You are welcome - If you are loosing inches and maintaining your weight, that usually means you are loosing fat & gaining some muscle - great - If you are doing steady state cardio, that's not great for fat loss - Try something more intense, wind sprints; interval training ; barbell/ dumbbell complexes, sprints uphill. Have fun- Eastcoast Jim