I'm going to try it
  • truthseeeker
    truthseeeker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lemme try this.
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    the people who are saying this is unhealthy weight loss obviously never had large amounts of weight to lose. It is completely normal for you and you should be proud, don't let anyone take that away from you or second guess yourself!

and I say this a formerly 260+ lb woman who lost 24 pounds my first 2 months (4 years ago) and as a rebounder who just lost almost 10 pounds of water weight last week alone. now if my sister, who is 100 pound soaking wet had lost that much weight in such a short time frame (or at all!), you better believe I'd be calling an ambulance, lol.

Keep up the great work! it is hard, but it worth it - you can totally do it!

Teresa
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    tmt2003 wrote: »
    the people who are saying this is unhealthy weight loss obviously never had large amounts of weight to lose.

Actually, I said it as a formerly 250+ pound chick who has lost 80 pounds thus far. Thanks.
  • ashliwatts1
    ashliwatts1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You're amazing!! Sugar, mostly chocolate, is my enemy!! I struggle with it daily!! Good for you!
  • Gandalfdafab
    Gandalfdafab Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Does nutella count?
  • ellasbrown
    ellasbrown Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get back into my account so I created a new. Please send friend request. Support and motivation needed
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Well done! I hope it leads to something long term! I cut out most junk food (heavily refined carbs, sweets, candy etc.) about 14 years ago. I firmly believe it helped me lose the weight, and know that it has helped me keep it off all these years.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good job! Currently in the middle of a self-imposed junk food free challenge as well. I must say it was painful to not eat those oreos at work and come home and over indulge in healthy foods, but today I feel as if it was worth it.
  • angelicavasquez12400
    Options
    Wow!! So much determination to say no to junk food. That is one of my biggest struggle so far for me. You're a great inspiration to me!! ☺️
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    tmt2003 wrote: »
    the people who are saying this is unhealthy weight loss obviously never had large amounts of weight to lose. It is completely normal for you and you should be proud, don't let anyone take that away from you or second guess yourself!

and I say this a formerly 260+ lb woman who lost 24 pounds my first 2 months (4 years ago) and as a rebounder who just lost almost 10 pounds of water weight last week alone. now if my sister, who is 100 pound soaking wet had lost that much weight in such a short time frame (or at all!), you better believe I'd be calling an ambulance, lol.

Keep up the great work! it is hard, but it worth it - you can totally do it!

Teresa

I lost 121 pounds eating "junk food" as you say and been maintaining now for over a year now. ;)
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! Congrats!!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss, and finding what works for you! It really helps to keep motivated.

For those that say it is unhealthy, you can only speak for yourselves, no one else.

I lost 40 pounds the first 8 weeks, and by 1 year I had lost 130 pounds. I have lost over 160 pounds total and have kept it off for 2 years as of Nov5th.

I have no list of foods I avoid, but I no longer eat white bread (personal choice) and now eat a multi grain, take and bake, bread that I really prefer. Weight loss is all about moderation and eating less calories than you burn. Finding what works for you, and being able to sustain the weight loss long term is not easy. The statistics are that over 80% of people gain all of the weight back and many gain even more. We all need to do what works for each of us to maintain our losses and keep the weight off and change these statistics.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!