Need to lose over 200 pounds

Options
hey everyone. I'm starting (yet again) at around 380 pounds. I have stopped and started numerous times but I'm determined to do it. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd love to chat with people who are at a similar weight or anyone who's on a weight loss journey regardless of their stats. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I started with at least 110 to lose to get to a healthy BMI.
    Just look 5 lb ahead. Eventually they'll sneak up on you and you'll
    be surprised at how far you've come, how much you've lost.

And celebrate every milestone -
    every 5 lb, every BMI number, when you go from obese to merely
    overweight, and when you eventually hit a healthy weight, when your
    waist is finally a healthy measurement, every 5 lb increase in
    how much you can lift, every 5 min increase in how long you can walk, etc.

51637601.png
  • kendanault
    kendanault Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been dieting in and off for the past two years. Finally I hit a point where things had to change!! Been at it for a little while now and things are finally going my way. I am needing to loose another 80 lbs.
  • ccmission11
    ccmission11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel ya I just started to get back on track again, I've been roller coastering up and down with the same 15 pounds for the last two years. Walk, walk, walk and walk some more and drink lots o water it's always a good start :)
    Good luck and You can do it!!!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I need to lose around 100 lbs, personally. It's been a struggle, but I'm determined to achieve my goal this time. We can do this together! :)
  • WIShannon40
    WIShannon40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have struggled basically my whole life with my weight. I am on track for awhile doing great and then I fall.off the wagon sort of speak.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I dont even know how much I need to lose but it is at least 100+ and I will still be overweight, but I will not know for sure until I even get close to that number.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I've been dieting since I was 16 and am now 61. I had weight loss surgery in Dec. 2013 and have lost 59 lbs. I kind of lost my way for a while after surgery, but am back on track now.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :)

I started with 135lbs to lose. :) You can DO THIS!!!!!

Feel free to add me...or I'll add you.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    I started with at least 110 to lose to get to a healthy BMI.
    Just look 5 lb ahead. Eventually they'll sneak up on you and you'll
    be surprised at how far you've come, how much you've lost.

And celebrate every milestone -
    every 5 lb, every BMI number, when you go from obese to merely
    overweight, and when you eventually hit a healthy weight, when your
    waist is finally a healthy measurement, every 5 lb increase in
    how much you can lift, every 5 min increase in how long you can walk, etc.

51637601.png

Well said!
    SW 301
    CW 183
    GW 150

Add me if you want to comment & share.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    walk run and don't allow yourself to be discouraged if you have an off day.

good luck on your journey

sw 330
    CW 283
    GW 155
  • ellasbrown
    ellasbrown Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    curvegains wrote: »
    hey everyone. I'm starting (yet again) at around 380 pounds. I have stopped and started numerous times but I'm determined to do it. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd love to chat with people who are at a similar weight or anyone who's on a weight loss journey regardless of their stats. Good luck everyone!

Hello I'm in the same situation as you. I currently weight 340 and really would like to get down to 250 by 05/21. I have started this journey in the past and stopped, but with all these health risks I am more determined than ever to make a change. So if you would like to be friends add me. I would love the support and would love to be a support to someone! !
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    if you look at the success stories forum.. your mind will be blown... there were so many people who were persistent and got to their goal. you're next God willing
  • 19_84_jade
    19_84_jade Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ^^^^ I'm not new to mfp but I've stopped and started this journey so many times, in the end I took some time out to really think why im doing this and what I can do to help future failure.

• iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    anyone can feel free to add me as well. Ive got 80-100 to lose (havent decided 100% on my GW but its between 170 and 190 which is still technically overweight but where i think ill be comfy)