coffee, coffee, coffee

Options

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I never log my coffee. I *DO* log the milk that I put into my coffee :)

I've recently bought a very posh coffee machine with pods - I've noticed the calories in my Cappucino's are quite substantial so I'll always log those.

Yup, agree with this..my cappuccino has 300 calories! Worth noting when weight loss is the goal!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    8igch6bh7emu.jpg
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    Ah. I log THAT I had coffee, but not how much. I just very carefully measure the sugar in grams and the creamer in tbsp and add that in. Then I add straight to that log later (so if I add 11 grams in the morning of sugar, and have more later in the day, I just change the first listing to say "22" or whatever) so it would appear I'm dumping MASSIVE amounts of sugar into my morning coffee, but really it's several cups spread out throughout the day
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I use a traditional style Keurig to brew my coffee. The K-Cup pods vary in calories with the majority of coffees reported as somewhere around 5 calories. I log it (as well as logging the creamer I put in it) because it was something I put in my body. I also log "0 calorie" things like mustard and the Mio drink additives though, so that might just be me.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I don't log my coffee, the almond milk I add to it or the creamer that I add. I pretty much add the same amount every day. When I get down to a closer weight to my goal and if affects my weigh loss, then I will log it. I don't log the veggies I eat daily either.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    Aureilie wrote: »
    I use a traditional style Keurig to brew my coffee. The K-Cup pods vary in calories with the majority of coffees reported as somewhere around 5 calories. I log it (as well as logging the creamer I put in it) because it was something I put in my body. I also log "0 calorie" things like mustard and the Mio drink additives though, so that might just be me.

I do that sometimes too. It's a really good way to keep yourself logging:) Even if it's 0 calories, what a great way to stay in the habit:)
  • BreakOnThru
    BreakOnThru Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't log black coffee, but sometimes I'll add a teaspoon of raw sugar, and I will log that. And every now and then, I'll get a caffe latte with soy milk, but holy cow--just checked the calories on these--glad it's not a daily indulgence!
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I drink two cups in the morning with International Delights Pumpkin Spice or Peppermint Mocha creamer. Of course I log those calories. No I am not trying to give it up, no way. lol

I probably do use it to replace the food I might eat in the morning (because the sweetener probably cuts any hunger I might have first thing) but I end the day by eating all the calories I'm supposed to so that doesn't matter. I hate the thought of eating food first thing in the morning. lol
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I log it out of habit, but I drink it black, so it's irrelevant.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I log it, and I probably log it at a little higher than it should be but that's fine with me. I drink one big 16oz thermos with 2tbsps of half and half each work day. It does end up replacing a meal most mornings.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I drink hot coffee with a teaspoon of sugar on Sundays at church. Every day, I drink hot tea sweetened with 1 tbsp of raw organic honey and 1/2 squeezed lemon. I log the honey and sugar.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've just read on another post that coffee can actually give you negative calories.... that's a massive thumbs up for us coffee lovers :smiley:
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    I've just read on another post that coffee can actually give you negative calories.... that's a massive thumbs up for us coffee lovers :smiley:

here is the link. not sure how accurate it is....http://www.foodiejunky.com/8-negative-calorie-foods-what-should-you-be-eating/
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I log the delicious creamer I add to it :) Pumpkin Spice goodness!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

here is the link. not sure how accurate it is....http://www.foodiejunky.com/8-negative-calorie-foods-what-should-you-be-eating/

Unfortunately, the idea of a "negative calorie" has very little to support it. Drink coffee if you enjoy it, but don't count on it eliminating any of the calories that you are eating.
  • Omar_Apocrypha
    Omar_Apocrypha Posts: 794 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I drink around .5 L every day of turkish coffe without sugar, just in case I keeping 46 calories to be in safe and some days I can't be in safe cause the exams and the stress these days , and I feel the coffe making me feeling hungry I don't know why ????
  • GillianSmith2
    Options

Unfortunately, the idea of a "negative calorie" has very little to support it. Drink coffee if you enjoy it, but don't count on it eliminating any of the calories that you are eating.

No, I wouldn't like to use it as a buffer to calories but it would be nice if it where true :wink:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I log it. I log my spices too.
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I log the 2% or whole milk I put in the coffee since I use splenda. The 5 calories in a cup is negligent to me, never had any issues staying on track because I didn't log 5-10 calories. I know the little things add up, so I track other things that I wouldn't normally eat. Today I tried a small bite of someone's beet garlic yogurt salad and I logged that even though it couldn't have been more than 10 cals.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Powdered splenda has calories (4 per teaspoon). If you're using it in any quantity to sweeten anything more than coffee, it can add up. If you're not, it's not a big deal.

I was using a fair bit of it, so I switched to a liquid form of sucralose to save those calories.