How many meal should I have per day

Options
2»

Replies

• LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have smallish breakfast (8:30) 250cals, smallish lunch (1:30) 250, snack at 4 with a coffee and at 8 have a large supper!! It works for me, and means I can use all the rest of my calories on supper, which I eat with my family and is harder to control... I find that I'm hungry around 4ish no matter how much I have eaten before, so I may as well save my calories for that time of day...
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I eat 3 meals a day, with a little snack, and manage to stay in my calorie deficit 98% of the time, thanx to exercise. My hubby eats once a day, and has no problems with maintaining his weight, and his idea of exercise is getting off the couch to walk to the car, to go to work where he sits on a machine...lol.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Eat the number of meals that keeps you full and satisfied but still within your macros. I find that if I am getting hungry, a protein with some fat will satisfy me until my next meal. That can be a banana or apple with peanut butter, Greek yogurt with slivered almonds, deli meat and a cheese stick - you get the idea. Find what works for you and keeps you full without being stuffed. If you're satisfied with the number of meals you are eating, add something with higher calorie content will help you up your caloric intake.
  • andrewchater1988
    Options
    Thanks for tips people I'm going to start add other two light meals mid morning snack and late afternoon
    Breakfast porridge and protein

Mid morning fruit etc
    Lunch soup or sandwich
    Afternoon protein