Breakfast or no breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast on the weekends. Weekdays, not so much. Do what you prefer.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Coffee is breakfast for me. Naah I'm not really a breakfast person.

Aaaaaaaaaand I've found my weight-loss soulmate:)
  • arielm2015
    arielm2015 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast! I'm usually most hungry in the morning. I wake up starving, sometimes even in the middle of the night (don't get up though I'd rather sleep through it ;) ). So for me I never skip it. I'd rather have a big breakfast and skip lunch. Love dinner as well though... couldn't skip that either! ;)
    I would say though eat when you're most hungry and if you're not hungry for breakfast then skip it!
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If I eat breakfast I'm hungry all day. Weird I know. I'm rarely hungry before noon-2pm so I usually just have lunch around 2ish. Plus I'm a late eater (cramming my graduate studies at night) so I'd rather save my calories so I can munch on some grindage while studying (said in my best Pauly Shore voice.
  • f1tness4life
    f1tness4life Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Great - just making sure I wasn't going crazy!!! i don't think i need it. I'm only really hungry for breakfast if i workout in the morning, then i definitely have something after. Thanks!
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    On days that I have a morning shift and it's over four hours I will normally try and make a smoothie or just make up some porridge. But otherwise I can't stand breakfast and normally I won't be hungry until after 12.30pm
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I can't function in the morning until I've had breakfast. It might be cultural, Italians usually just have a coffee and maybe a biscuit, Scots have to have their porridge or fryup. :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm not usually ready to eat until lunchtime.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you :)

Personally, I need breakfast (and my breakfasts are quite big!) else I feel weak.
  • ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I usually do eat something but its usually around 9-10am. I do a starbucks frappuccino light (100 cal) and a greek yogurt (80 cal). It's good to get MY self going, but it may not be the best for you.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    I did the same thing, went on a "diet", ate breakfast and I was starving all the time. I couldn't sleep and I woke up miserable. Now that I save all my calories for the evening I'm finally happy while restricting calories. It took me three years of being here to finally figure out what works for me. It was a bunch of people in the community here at mfp that made me realize this. Breakfast does not help you lose weight, the only thing that matters is CICO. Breakfast only rev's my appetite.

Same here! If I can have a "big" satisfying meal in the evenings im just a happier person overall. Being happy makes it easier to get throughthe tough moments that need extra will power!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Does everyone eat breakfast??

Nope.

I only eat breakfast on weekends, and then it is usually more of a brunch.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    My husband, on the other hand, does better if he has his first meal around lunch, as eating breakfast means he'd starving again around 10 am and then he tends to overeat because he'll be hungry again sooner. Something about the way his metabolism works.

I'm like this. It is as though eating breakfast flips an "ON" switch for me and I am ravenous the rest of the day. But if I wait, I'm OK.

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I eat in the mornings when I work out in the morning because I need the fuel. If I am not working out or working out later in the day then I do not eat until afternoon. For me it is a day by day thing, and it works for me.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Coffee is breakfast for me. Naah I'm not really a breakfast person.

Aaaaaaaaaand I've found my weight-loss soulmate:)

My breakfast too.
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The only breakfast I want is coffee. Anything big before noonish and I feel queezy.
  • ursoco86
    ursoco86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is different from person to person, I practice IF (intermittent fasting) and my window is 6-8am to 12pm, so in essence I don't eat dinner, it works really well for me, I'm not hungry and personally when I have a big breakfast in the mornings I don't feel guilty ;) but that's just me, best is to find out what works for you.
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I skip it, though I do have tea.

Like others, if I eat breakfast, I tend to graze all day for some reason.
    Waiting until afternoon or evening lets me have a nice meal and stick to my alotted calories.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I need to eat within minutes of waking up. Coffee is on, grab the newspaper and drop some toast or fry up some eggs. I don't do well without breakfast and need a good hour of reading the paper, having a few coffees before I even think of getting showered or dressed for work.
    Totally irrelevant for weight-loss how you time your meals (as you have been told up-teen times already) but for me, I am always hungry in the morning.