CUPCAKES....AHH!

Options
I teach kindergarten and had the kids frost their own cupcakes today for their end of year celebration. THey are gone now and i have yet to have one cupcake, one spoonful of frosting, one gumdrop, or any other topping. I am terrified that if I have one bit of something I won't stop..I KNOW how I am. I just have to go a little while longer....I have put them in the staff room but I still have to walk by them. I'm taking 4 to my parents house so hopefully I won't eat the frosting there...that's the problem, frosting. NOT the cupcake. =)

Replies

• welchgirl124
    welchgirl124 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You sound like me I like the frosting better too! STAY STRONG!!
  • jinxywinx
    jinxywinx Posts: 38
    Options
    Cupcakes are literally my BIGGEST obstacle. I could eat my way through a field of them if they grew in the wild and never look back. You are a brave soul!! Great job!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    The cupcake is merely a vehicle for the frosting. Much like pie crust only exists to contain the filling.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I too, cannot have a single bit for fear of eating the whole lot.

And yeah, frosting ROCKS.
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    Sounds like my niece... she ONLY eats the frosting off the cookies... and leaves the cookie lying alone in the box.
    Of course, I love frosting too...that´s why I have to measure and log even fingerfuls of frosting that I eat when I´m baking... Log it... that´s what got me to eat less frosting...the amount of calories is horrifying... :) I actually measure the amount of tablespoons of frosting I place on a cupcake now.
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I so feel your pain. I am sometimes tempted to buy a container of frosting and eat till I drop. Worse still, the bakery near me sells "frosting shots." For 25 cents. Takes all I can not to drive there and clean 'em out some days. :blushing:
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    I so feel your pain. I am sometimes tempted to buy a container of frosting and eat till I drop. Worse still, the bakery near me sells "frosting shots." For 25 cents. Takes all I can not to drive there and clean 'em out some days. :blushing:
    That´s insane (that they sell frosting shots)
  • laceylovespink
    Options
    I'm the same way! I'm a nurse and sometimes family bring food by as a 'thank you' to staff. Sometimes you have to throw it away though...it's not worth the grief and worry...if they are still bothering you just find a trash can and TOSS...no one really NEEDS them anyway :) (((hugs)))
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    The cupcake is merely a vehicle for the frosting. Much like pie crust only exists to contain the filling.

LOL, I'm the opposite of you! I'm all about the cake and the pie crust, (as long as they are both made by me!).

Ahh... the land of choice! It's a beautiful thing! :heart:
  • HeatherBriggs1970
    Options
    Good job getting on here and posting! Getting that out of your head and onto MFP was a responsible move on your part and shows how committed you are to YOU!!
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    Oh man..I could go for a cupcake...lol

Good for you with the will power!! :bigsmile:
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    think about the gross, slimy kiddie fingers that were in noses & wiping their mouths while they touched the frosting! you've got this!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

LOL, I'm the opposite of you! I'm all about the cake and the pie crust, (as long as they are both made by me!).

We should share desserts.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

We should share desserts.

A shared dessert always tastes best!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes are literally my BIGGEST obstacle. I could eat my way through a field of them if they grew in the wild and never look back. You are a brave soul!! Great job!

love it, i could to, can you imagine a field of cupcakes? YUM!