Boobs and weight loss

Options
Hey guys, I am back and more motivated than ever to lose weight. I had a couple questions or topic points for the ladies out there, especially the ones with large breasts.

One part of being overweight that I hate the most is how large my breasts are. When I mention about wanting smaller breasts around any guy they are almost offended by me wanting that. However I have had mild back pain for years, and they are quite bothersome while I am riding horses. I have to wear a good bra with a very good sports bra on top just to keep them under control while riding. Currently I am wearing a 38DDD but the cup is a little too small, so I am probably bigger than that.

For the ladies who have lost a lot of weight: Did you notice your breast size decrease after weight loss? Did you have to do any particular exercises to help that happen? Any tips or exercises for decreasing breast size? Are there any people who are satisfied by losing fat in their chest? Also- what are your favorite sports bras? I've heard good things about the ones at Victoria's Secret.

If you too are looking to lose weight off their chest as well as the rest of their body, feel free to add me!

Replies

• hummingbird314
    hummingbird314 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    following this and adding you
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    My bra size really varies depending on the bra, but I used to wear a 42D or DD and 85 pounds later I'm around a 38C.

You can't spot reduce. You'll lose weight in all different areas - it's just going to come off where it wants to come off.

My favorite sports bra was actually bought at Walmart! I don't recall the brand off the top of my head. I would go to a couple stores and try some on to see what suits you. I don't think it needs to be an expensive bra to work well (and be cute).

Lastly, don't let any man make you feel like less of a woman because of your bra size.
  • naynaytater
    naynaytater Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    All my sports bras are VS ... I lost 50 pounds a few years ago & didn't lose any from my breasts. I am a full 38DDD ... it's all genetics I suppose. I know friends who lose it there first. I always joke that I'll be glad to be a boob donor ... lol ... I
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    LOL. Not the thread for me. I'll be positively concave by the time I'm done. If only we could pick where the weight came off...
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    At the beginning, my band size went down, and my cup size went up. I went from a 40G to a 34DD. I medically qualified for a breast reduction before, and I don't need one anymore. I'm happy it happened without surgery. When I was large breasted I wore Enell. Now I wear Shock Absorber. I didn't start to have significant body shape changes until I started lifting. I didn't do specific exercises for that, my trainer and I worked on my overall body.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I started at 160 and now at 138 I've gone from a D to a B. Apparently my body thought that's where fat needed to come off the most since they were the first thing to go.
  • SheriffMichelle
    SheriffMichelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would be so excited to be down to a C. Awesome, I guess what I'm doing is the best I can do then, which is cardio and pilates. I am looking into doing hot yoga as well. Also, I'm glad walmart has good bras! My current favorites come from target.

Oh I don't! I just like how my guy friends can't comprehend how its uncomfortable it can be xD
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I was about a 38DD at 174 when I started and now I'm at a 34C. I mainly dieted to lose most of my weight, but the weight came off of everywhere...not just my top. And it can STOP coming off my chest any time soon!! I don't think I ever would have said that!!
  • ursoco86
    ursoco86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well personally I am noticing my boobs are shrinking :'( but as you loose weight equally around your body (was told this by my trainer, although I still believe my body is bias) my friend who inspired me to start this journey we used to nickname big booby b.... but now she's not :P haha so I think it does drop, but in both our cases we had drastic diet changes and exercise intensively daily... Stick to the plan you will drop ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    I've lost fairly evenly all over, although a bit more from my hips than anywhere else.

However, I am now at the point where I rather urgently need to go bra shopping and I hardly know where to begin with that.
  • ursoco86
    ursoco86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I've lost fairly evenly all over, although a bit more from my hips than anywhere else.

However, I am now at the point where I rather urgently need to go bra shopping and I hardly know where to begin with that.

I'm jealous, my hips are the main area I want to loose, and my body is rude, I feel like it takes from there last :D my boobs are small enough as it is... :'(
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    ursoco86 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

I'm jealous, my hips are the main area I want to loose, and my body is rude, I feel like it takes from there last :D my boobs are small enough as it is... :'(

I lost top down ... face first, neck next, boobs next, then the waist, and all of a sudden a whole bunch came off the hips. My thighs, however, have remained almost the same. Maybe they're next.

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm a pear shape, and will always lose up top first. I am not going to complain though. I'm currently a 36H - that is not comfortable, not by a long shot. Several years back, when I was down around 140 lbs (currently 215), I was a DD cup. I was also on the wait list for reduction surgery, but ended up gaining weight again so just never got it. I'll be back on the list once I've finally gotten down to goal weight this time. I'd like to be a C cup. Maybe then I could buy a bra for less than $85-$135.
  • ravenzbaby47
    ravenzbaby47 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No matter how much weight I lose it never seems to come from my boobs which I guess has its pros and cons...I swear by any of the Victoria's secret maximum support bras especially the ones that zip in front!
  • SheriffMichelle
    SheriffMichelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow so many responses haha. Thanks guys. So I guess a lot of it is genetics, but hopefully some will come off. I think I will stop by victoria's secret and try on some sports bras there. I watched the buzzfeed video where they tried sports bras and the VS one was the best overall for them too.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I went from an F to a DD, and I'm content with that. I've lost 60ish lbs and have 30ish to go. I wouldn't mind losing a bit more in the chest, but I'm OK if I don't. As long as I look proportionate.
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Depends how much you have to lose sometimes. I used to think I was stuck with mine because from 260 to about 211 they didn't budge at all. Then suddenly I lose 6 inches off my chest in 2-3 months going from 211 to 187ish. I'm at 176 now and I'm almost ready to call it 7 inches. Gone from a 38dd ( which should have been higher, the cup size was too small) to a 34d/36c, 44inch bust to almost 37. My vs sports bra is good, but over priced
  • MaggotPig
    MaggotPig Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Your boobs are made up of mammary gland tissue, and fat. You can reduce the fat (from your overall fat stores, rather than spot reducing) but you can't reduce your mammary tissue. Some people have more mammary tissue and less fat than others, that's just the way it is. Sadly I'm not one of them, and I have boobs like spaniels ears at the tender age of 26!

In terms of back pain - are you wearing a suitably fitted bra? Have a read of this - http://thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html?m=1 It is by far the best measuring guide I've ever used (sizes may not be correct depending on your location but it's still worth a read) It's important to also re-measure frequently (I do it monthly) as you lose weight. A well fitted bra can make a huge difference to posture and what not. Similarly, a good quality, supportive sports bra is vital.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I started at a 32C lost around 10-12 lbs and I just bought a 32a, though I could probably do a 30b if I went to a specialty store. Pretty much just nipples at his point lol. Breast implants someday..,