insanity

Options

Replies

• shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What is it with some people trying to push weight lifting down your throat like its the be all and end all!?!?!? NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO LIFT BLOODY WEIGHTS!

Insanity was the first program I did at the start of my weight loss. I lost 24lbs and got my fat% down to 15% also my overall health improved dramatically. The first month is fairly challenging but the 2nd month is intense to say the least. Stick with it and you'll see results.

I'm also an advocate of Max Out 30. IMHO its just as intense (if not more so) than Inansity and there is also a modifier if your not quite up to speed yet.

Shaun.

• torrielewis1991
    torrielewis1991 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not doing it by the calender and I am eating healthy I think I will only do it 5 times a week I don't want to burn out I herd mfp is good one.
  • gunrock1970
    gunrock1970 Posts: 45 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm beginning to think Op is a bot. Eliza made better responses than this. :#
  • mydade
    mydade Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can achieve some amazing results with Insanity. After two months of Insanity, your body should be obviously transformed. It's true that this program is hard work. But, it's all about your goals. In the first week, you won't be able to do exercises as people from the Insanity video, not even close. But that's perfectly normal. Each and every next week you will notice incredible changes in your ability to do them. You can't even imagine what you can do with your body.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4, and I say it is worth it! I hear people get their best results once they get to the second month.

I talked to my assigned beachbody coach, and base on my stats. 178 pounds, 5'5 in height I get to eat about 1500-1600 calories on workouts days and 1300 on off days.

I burn around 380-550 calories a workout depending on the dvds.

hope this helps.
  • vegevega
    vegevega Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love insanity, I mix up the dvds on days when I just don't want to go to the gym, or when I need to 'shock' my body into a different routine. Shaun even says go at your own pace, you'll eventually get to the place where you can do more in the alloted time, I remember when I couldn't do more than 5 pushup in a row now I can bust out 15-20. It's an intense workout for sure.
  • chrisssam
    chrisssam Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Look there are lots of insanity and other beach body program hater on here .....i have done insanity workous and have lost about 30 pounds and gain muscle..just need to stay with it and eat the right foods
  • torrielewis1991
    Options
    I did mfp for about 25 days lost pounds felt great then I slipped now I'm back on lost the weight I gained I'm on day 3 or insanity had to take yesterday off I was so sore, sore today to but I'm gonna get it done. Thank you all for it response. Medlaura we are about the same weight and hight and that's about how I'm eating with ans with out exercise
  • daddy_warbux
    daddy_warbux Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im a graduate of insanity too. I lost 30 lbs, but it is tough.
  • TonnnnUK
    TonnnnUK Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Month two will be upcoming before I know it!! I am a bit scared in honesty haha
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    medlaura wrote: »
    I talked to my assigned beachbody coach

You might want to use this statement sparingly or not at all.
    Saying "I talked to my Beachbody Coach" carries the same weight and credibility as if someone said "I talked to my psychic".

• jeremywm1977
    Options
    chrisssam wrote: »
    Look there are lots of insanity and other beach body program hater on here .....i have done insanity workous and have lost about 30 pounds and gain muscle..just need to stay with it and eat the right foods

I love the DVD programs. The shills for the "coaching" opportunity.......not so much.

• jeremywm1977
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Here's my two cents on the program.

On the positive side, it is a balls-to-the-wall intense cardio workout program. You will sweat, you will pant, you will beg for mercy, you will come out on the other side wondering what make and model of vehicle just ran you over. As far as the Beachbody workouts and cardio go, Shaun T pretty much has that market cornered with not only Insanity, but Insanity MAX, Focus T25 and the Asylum workouts.

On the negative side, and I guess this could be a negative for any workout, but form is everything. If you jump into the workout and try to keep the pace with Shaun, Tonya, or any of the other participants, without worrying about form, you increase the likelihood of hurting yourself.
    Whenever someone asks me about Insanity, I tell them to start out going at their own pace (even if it is slow and methodical) and use good form. Once you have the form, incrementally increase the speed while maintaining that good form. Through repetition, the speed and endurance will come.
    Additionally, those people with knee or ankle issues might want to avoid this program altogether. I have had 3 surgeries on my left knee and have bone spurs in my ankles. The high impact nature of this program just did not mesh well with my lower extremities and I also developed soreness/pain in my lower back (the lower back pain stopped once I discontinued Insanity).

Again, on the positive side, I did experience size and weight loss with this program, although not right away. After Week 1 and Week 2, I noticed an incremental gain, which was then followed by losses in each successive week.

In the end, be smart and be patient. It's a good program and Shaun is a half-decent motivational instructor.
  • torrielewis1991
    Options
    It's is high impact it's not for everyone that's for sure on day 5 I like it I already feel better and strong I do have flat feet So My feet do hurt I do go my own paste so I don't hurt myself
  • TonnnnUK
    Options
    Here's my two cents on the program.

On the positive side, it is a balls-to-the-wall intense cardio workout program. You will sweat, you will pant, you will beg for mercy, you will come out on the other side wondering what make and model of vehicle just ran you over. As far as the Beachbody workouts and cardio go, Shaun T pretty much has that market cornered with not only Insanity, but Insanity MAX, Focus T25 and the Asylum workouts.

On the negative side, and I guess this could be a negative for any workout, but form is everything. If you jump into the workout and try to keep the pace with Shaun, Tonya, or any of the other participants, without worrying about form, you increase the likelihood of hurting yourself.
    Whenever someone asks me about Insanity, I tell them to start out going at their own pace (even if it is slow and methodical) and use good form. Once you have the form, incrementally increase the speed while maintaining that good form. Through repetition, the speed and endurance will come.
    Additionally, those people with knee or ankle issues might want to avoid this program altogether. I have had 3 surgeries on my left knee and have bone spurs in my ankles. The high impact nature of this program just did not mesh well with my lower extremities and I also developed soreness/pain in my lower back (the lower back pain stopped once I discontinued Insanity).

Again, on the positive side, I did experience size and weight loss with this program, although not right away. After Week 1 and Week 2, I noticed an incremental gain, which was then followed by losses in each successive week.

In the end, be smart and be patient. It's a good program and Shaun is a half-decent motivational instructor.

The boldened part above is golden!!

It is very easy and tempting to watch them on the screen and match what they do and the timing, but you will soon flag. Just do the exercises to the best form you can at your own pace. As you get better and fitter you will gain more endurance.

I'm just getting towards the end of week 3, and while it isn't getting any easier, I am certainly much fitter than I was at the start. You just end up doing more and so end up in just as much of a mess at the end :smiley: haha
  • TonnnnUK
    Options
    It's is high impact it's not for everyone that's for sure on day 5 I like it I already feel better and strong I do have flat feet So My feet do hurt I do go my own paste so I don't hurt myself

Best to stick to your own speed. It's all about good form. Speed will improve with endurance as you get fitter.

Despite the agony and pain, it's best that you enjoy it! I really look forward to the workout each day in a weird self harming type of way!!
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    medlaura wrote: »
    I talked to my assigned beachbody coach

You might want to use this statement sparingly or not at all.
    Saying "I talked to my Beachbody Coach" carries the same weight and credibility as if someone said "I talked to my psychic".

Okay
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I did mfp for about 25 days lost pounds felt great then I slipped now I'm back on lost the weight I gained I'm on day 3 or insanity had to take yesterday off I was so sore, sore today to but I'm gonna get it done. Thank you all for it response. Medlaura we are about the same weight and hight and that's about how I'm eating with ans with out exercise

If I understand you correctly, you have attempted to use MFP a couple of times but have not stuck to it.

What makes you think you will stick to Insanity?

A calorie deficit will make you lose the 20 lbs you want to lose.

How will you know you're eating at a deficit while doing Insanity?

You could end up eating way too much or way too little doing Insanity.

Read these threads and prepare yourself to stick to your goals while eating sensibly.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10201207/why-losing-weight-feels-so-effortless-for-me-this-time-around
  • muname123
    muname123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    when reading this, keep in mind that i'm only 5 feet tall/petite.

I did insanity once in 2012, my diet was 900-1200 calories depending on if a splurged and let myself have a serving of ben & jerrys half baked froyo.

Within 4 weeks I went from barely squeezing into a size 8 in pants (muffin top tight), to a perfect fit size 4 in pants.

My husband did it with me and by the end of week 4 he went from a tight size 42 pants (muffin top tight) to a loose size 36 pants (and he ate at least 1500 calories a day, up to 2000 calories on his cheat days.

I just started it again this week (my husband claims he's sick of the mans voice & the workouts are boring him, he's hitting the gym instead). Before I started this week I was a tight size 12. Lets see how low I go by the end of week 4!

It's hard when you're doing it alone to not give up. My first time around, i wanted to give up by day 3. No joke. My husband and i had promised each other we weren't going to give up for at least 2 months, we were going to do it till the end to the best of our abilities. There were days I was so sore i was whining like crazy and my workout was WEAK lol, but he made me do it, and by the end of the workout I was thankful i got it over with. Right now he's not doing it with me but I made him promise to get me out of my own head and make me do it each day and keep up with it for at least 4 weeks. So far so good. I wanted to give up on day 4 this time but he made me keep at it. I'm about to go get my insanity done for today!!!

you should try to make up your missed day on sunday. (or at least do cardio recovery on sunday, it's the easiest workout.)

With insanity you'll always be sore, but by the time the warm up is done your soreness will be gone. just remember to tighten your core!!! That makes such a difference.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Whoever made the comment about Beachbody coaches....LOL! And spot on. I became a coach just to get a discount on some of the products, but I've given it up because I do not believe in their MO (namely that you have to spend a ton of money to get healthy and get in shape). I've done some great workouts from YouTube (for free!).