YouTube Workouts

Options
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good YouTube workouts. I don't have a gym membership, so I normally workout at home and am looking for a good cardio and resistance training workout.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Jessica Smith TV has lots of great workouts

http://www.jessicasmithtv.com/exercise-videos/
  • mangoperiod
    mangoperiod Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Jessica Smith TV has lots of great workouts

http://www.jessicasmithtv.com/exercise-videos/

Thanks! I'll definitely check out her videos!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Better Believe Fit is amazing if you like Kettlebells
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you like to do. I love zumba, so I just search for zumba clips, and make my own playlist. Or if I want a new strength workout, I search for that. Same with kickboxing. If you do a search for something and follow it with ",long", it will pull up anything longer than 20 minutes. For example, "kickboxing, long" will pull up anything that is a kickboxing video longer than 20 minutes.
  • mangoperiod
    Options

I wish I owned a kettlebell! But thank you, I'll give those videos a try if I ever purchase one.
  • mangoperiod
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    I think it depends on what you like to do. I love zumba, so I just search for zumba clips, and make my own playlist. Or if I want a new strength workout, I search for that. Same with kickboxing. If you do a search for something and follow it with ",long", it will pull up anything longer than 20 minutes. For example, "kickboxing, long" will pull up anything that is a kickboxing video longer than 20 minutes.

Thank you, that was very helpful! I'll be honest, I've only recently attempted to lose weight, so I haven't really tried out a lot of different workouts. I'm not sure what I'll like yet, but I'll definitely keep an open mind:)
  • Mikkamoo12
    Mikkamoo12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fifness blender is a great site they have loads of videos to choose from..
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options

I wish I owned a kettlebell! But thank you, I'll give those videos a try if I ever purchase one.

I suggest the CAP brand (their handles are seamless, which is important) and they are cheap on Amazon.

They are not like Super-KB Pro-Status symbol equipment, but they are better than the plastic ones at Ross and TJ Maxx and better than the comparably priced Gold's Gym brand.

• parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I second www.fitnessblender.com. Their videos helped me to lose my first 30-35lbs before I started to run :)

• JinxedyJinx
    JinxedyJinx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Let me second the Jessicasmithtv recommendation! I have used many, many free YouTube channels/videos and I always go back to her. I have a rotation of her strength/metabolic conditioning workouts that have netted me great results. I used to do fitnessblender, but I'm spoiled for Jessicasmithtv now. I prefer her more strenuous workouts, but she has many different options for all fitness levels.

• Nicole3043
    Nicole3043 Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Try doing some body weight exercises. No equipment needed! :smile:

http://www.sportsnutritionminute.com/body-weight-exercises-welcome-to-your-home-gym/
  • mangoperiod
    Options

I was actually looking at those yesterday. They seem pretty easy to follow and I like that they have a timer. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • mangoperiod
    Options
    parfia wrote: »

I second www.fitnessblender.com. Their videos helped me to lose my first 30-35lbs before I started to run :)

I'll definitely give it a shot! And it's amazing that you lost that much weight!! I always hear how people lost weight going to the gym, so it's encouraging to hear that people have lost weight doing YouTube workouts as well:)
  • mangoperiod
    Options
    Let me second the Jessicasmithtv recommendation! I have used many, many free YouTube channels/videos and I always go back to her. I have a rotation of her strength/metabolic conditioning workouts that have netted me great results. I used to do fitnessblender, but I'm spoiled for Jessicasmithtv now. I prefer her more strenuous workouts, but she has many different options for all fitness levels.

Thanks! I just signed up to get a 15 day workout plan from her:)
  • mangoperiod
    Options
    Nicole3043 wrote: »
    Try doing some body weight exercises. No equipment needed! :smile:

http://www.sportsnutritionminute.com/body-weight-exercises-welcome-to-your-home-gym/

Thanks! I don't have much equipment so body weight exercises are perfect for me!
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    I just did a jillian Michaels one the other day, a cardio one, it was really good.
  • mangoperiod
    Options

I suggest the CAP brand (their handles are seamless, which is important) and they are cheap on Amazon.

They are not like Super-KB Pro-Status symbol equipment, but they are better than the plastic ones at Ross and TJ Maxx and better than the comparably priced Gold's Gym brand.

Thanks! I wasn't sure which one to purchase.
  • mangoperiod
    Options
    I just did a jillian Michaels one the other day, a cardio one, it was really good.

I've tried the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels and it helped a lot with toning my muscles. I was thinking about giving her kickboxing videos a shot too. Thanks for the cardio suggestion!