Boobs and weight loss

Options

Replies

• momoftwins985
    momoftwins985 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70 pounds and went from a 40J to a 36G. Still have more weight to lose so I'm hoping they keep shrinking lol
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight my boobs were all "I volunteer as tribute!".

They were the first to go. I went from a 38D to a 34B.
  • Monsterdog1114
    Monsterdog1114 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am larger breasted.. Fat or skinny. I am always a DD, band changes somewhat .. 44 to 38 (at my smallest).. Generally Enell Sports bras are considered to be the best.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I was a 42f before. Lost 75 lbs and now I'm at a 36c. However I think they look worse now because they are very saggy. :( Probably something to do with 4 pregnancies and nursing 4 babies along with the weight loss. My husband doesn't care but it bothers me!
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hate that my boobs are getting smaller. They're getting saggy :( I also vote for the VS sports bras, they're a bit pricey but you can always find a coupon or when they have the semi-annual sale They're like half off. I need to try under Armour, though
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Haha! I volunteer as tribute!

I've lost 25 lb and so far I haven't purchased any new bras, but I have noticed that my bras are fitting looser so maybe it's time to. Ugh, they are so expensive!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »

Haha! I volunteer as tribute!

I've lost 25 lb and so far I haven't purchased any new bras, but I have noticed that my bras are fitting looser so maybe it's time to. Ugh, they are so expensive!

no joke, i can never get anything less than 30 pounds for one bra. I have started to notice more high street shops are started to cater for DD+ like we are no longer aliens. Not sure if they will hold up the boobage but might give it a try.
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Years ago a doctor told me that for every 15 pounds I had gained, it was another cup size - now that I'm post-menopausal (and 36 pounds lighter) I'm still a DDD but hoping that exercise and more weight loss will reduce my bra size further.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    How much your breast will shrink with weight loss depends on how much is fat and how much is breast tissue. If you've been thin as an adult then how large they were when you were thin should give you some indication. If not, you may just have to wait and see.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I lost 22 pounds and a lot of my large boobs. When I started on MFP at 134.9 pounds my bra size was a 40DD. I just purchased two new bras (they do not fit well) and they are 36D. I can not for the life of me find a bra that ever fits well. I have been sized over and over and now that I am older these saggy puppies have no comfortable place to call home. I am thrilled at the shrinkage since my boobs no longer take up room in my arm pits. I would love to be smaller but this is where I am most comfortable with my weight at 112 pounds.
  • insearchofcheese
    insearchofcheese Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Enell sports bras. Not the most attractive, but they really hold them in. I've lost 64 lbs. Started out at 42H and I'm down to 40H. Not a significant difference at all. I have about 40 more to go, so maybe they'll suddenly start shrinking, but so far not much change.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    RIP my boobs. I went from a 36B to a 36A.
  • advisingwench
    advisingwench Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 85 lbs. and have gone from a 40G to a 34G. My current cup size is deceiving... they've definitely shrunk and I've lost just about all of my breast volume. I only need the G cup because the excess skin where my boobs used to be still needs a place to go :/
  • holla18
    holla18 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    After getting back pain around 230 pounds (I am almost 5"11) I decided it was time to lose weight through a better diet and no exercise. Now I am 187 and though my back still hurts when I don't wear a bra I when from a size 34E to 34 DD.
  • MacHaloC
    MacHaloC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started as an overflowing 38DDD. After 70 lbs lost I am a 34DD. My sizes changed drastically around 50 lbs down. ( 3 sizes in 2 months) I highly recommend moving comfort sports bras.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90+ pounds and have gone down in band size, but not in terms of volume. This is fine in my case as I am large-framed and strong, so it's not a painful thing for me.

So much of this is genetic and you can't spot reduce...so you are not much in control of what you end up with. Think about your own body if you have ever been smaller...but also think about thinner women in your family with similar body habitus and that might give you a clue about where you will end up.

I don't have much luck with sports bras, but I find that a supportive regular bra (underwire) plus a shaper top does a better job of distributing the bounce.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 70 pounds and I went from a 48DDD to a 40DD. The funny thing is most of the cup size came off in the last 20 pounds. I was a single D cup size when I was young and skinny so I'm guessing I'll go back to the same thing.
  • sweetsriracha23
    sweetsriracha23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think I'm in the minority here -- but I'm also only about 1/2 done with my weight loss journey.

So far, I've gone from 286 to 219. Boobs went from 40C to 36D. We'll see where my last 50 pounds make me land...I suspect I'll probably be at about a 32B or 32C when I hit my goal BMI of 23 or 24.

Possibly important: I had/have PCOS, which can mess with your hormones. Losing weight and having better-regulated hormones could be the reason my boobs got bigger. My symptoms are basically completely under control after losing the first 50ish pounds.
  • Weirdistonni
    Weirdistonni Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I am back and more motivated than ever to lose weight. I had a couple questions or topic points for the ladies out there, especially the ones with large breasts.

One part of being overweight that I hate the most is how large my breasts are. When I mention about wanting smaller breasts around any guy they are almost offended by me wanting that. However I have had mild back pain for years, and they are quite bothersome while I am riding horses. I have to wear a good bra with a very good sports bra on top just to keep them under control while riding. Currently I am wearing a 38DDD but the cup is a little too small, so I am probably bigger than that.

For the ladies who have lost a lot of weight: Did you notice your breast size decrease after weight loss? Did you have to do any particular exercises to help that happen? Any tips or exercises for decreasing breast size? Are there any people who are satisfied by losing fat in their chest? Also- what are your favorite sports bras? I've heard good things about the ones at Victoria's Secret.

If you too are looking to lose weight off their chest as well as the rest of their body, feel free to add me!

Yes. I was a 38DD sometimes DDD depending on the bra. I felt exactly like you. I even considered reduction because all the women in my family eventually got reductions. After losing a lot of weight for the third time I lost 3 cup sizes. Now I miss them lol I have tried many different sports bras and still not found one that I like. I did not like that Victoria secret sports bras because they weren't supportive enough. Very comfy!! But I go running and the bra dose not hold them right. Hope some of that helps lol
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see what size mine end up being. I'd go in for reduction right now due to back, shoulder, and neck pain but I've been told that reduction will be better if I am at my goal weight which is 45 pounds or so from where I am at right now. My current size is a 36H in UK sizing. I sort of figure that even if they get smaller they will still need surgical help putting them back where they should. I'm trying to be optimistic about it.