Coffee question

2»

Replies

• plantedinpots
    plantedinpots Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2015
    i love black coffee- it's the only way i drink it. i have a keurig machine and get trader joe's medium roast k-cups. so, so good. (if you don't keurig there's also packaged coffee) trader joe's also has a delicious pumpkin spice for the fall that's mildly sweet too, which is so good black.
    might get some hate for this, but personally i think if you can't drink black coffee, you don't actually like coffee! lol
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Very true - we like the taste of something coffee-like, and perhaps with some of the side effects of caffeine.

And then move out even further with the iced coffee that has even less coffee taste and more sugar usually.

Then again - you got your cultural differences in coffee. Cuban coffee would be a big shock to many straight coffee drinkers, as would similarly prepared many African methods.
    They'd consider our drip methods as not coffee either, even straight up.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I scaled back on the half and half, too, but I can't do black coffee. The "lowest" I can go is whole milk. I keep a little jug in the fridge just for my coffee.
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    I usually have two coffees in the morning, and I use a tablespoon of sugar free flavoring syrup and an ounce of milk in each. It's only 40 calories total.
  • Jrshutter
    Jrshutter Posts: 5 Member
    Make sure you are using "good" almond milk like the Blue Diamond brand. I found Silk and other brands had unwanted aftertastes.
  • bigme3505
    bigme3505 Posts: 85 Member
    I've cut out the super fattening creamer we used at home, but I can't seem to stomach it black either. I either use half & half or soy creamer. It's not too sweet, not too good either...but it helps cut the strong coffee taste.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    I can't stand black coffee. I need some creaminess in my coffee. What's the problem with that?
  • pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member
    Black coffee with 1 tsp sugar!!! That's my treat for the day! Well, 4 cups = a real feast every single day!
  • Black coffee I like are: Timothy's rainforest expresso or breakfast blend, Starbucks pike place roast, or vernanda blend, all for keurig. I am not an expert but the dark roasts and French roast are usually a bit more bitter. Look for a medium to light roast.