Quickest way to lose lbs

Options
Looking for a method of eating healthy and exercise to help me lose some weight or feel better. I have a goal but need some tips thank you

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit. The end
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you won't find support for quick weight loss on mfp. It's all about sustainability for the weight loss but especially for maintenance. The goal is to make this the last diet you'll ever have to go on.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Welcome!

The easiest way to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit because it's the only way; everything outside of that is preference only.

My preferences are weighing food, logging everything I eat, moving each day, eating exercise calories back, and working treats into my calorie goals. None of this is necessary, it's just what I like to do.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'd focus on eating a healthy, well-balanced diet. https://cdn1.sph.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2013/04/HEPApr2013.jpg If you aren't used to eating healthy, it can be a tough adjustment, so take it slow, if that helps. Add in more water, more veggies, and the rest in little bits. You don't have to flip your whole diet all at once to get it done.

Plug your info into the MFP, follow the instructions. Get some exercise every day and log it. Lift some weights. Get enough sleep!

If you aren't used to exercising, just start with a little. Even a five minute walk is a beginning. The journey of a thousand miles and all that.

If you stick with it and never give up (even if you have a setback), you'll get to wherever you want to be!

Good luck. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Focus on meeting macros/micro nutrients with nutrient dense foods and staying in a calorie deficit on a consistent basis.
    Weight loss can be quick, but that's usually an extreme deficit and can easily lead to weight regain as well as some extra pounds.
    The other choice is to cut off a limb for fast weight loss (sarcasm and not to be taken seriously).

No need to rush. If you are trying to reach a goal in a short time, chances are you're starting too late.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    quickest way is to START!

weigh all your food start logging and counting
    Time will fly by :)

Good luck OP

95069916.png
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    minniemegs wrote: »
    Looking for a method of eating healthy and exercise to help me lose some weight or feel better. I have a goal but need some tips thank you

If you exercise and eat a well balanced diet, you will lose weight and feel better, because your body will be working the way it was meant to work.

I lost 55 lbs. in the last 11 months by power walking 30 to 90 minutes a day. I actually ate more, but I do eat healthier than I used to.

The past 2 weeks I stopped logging my food because I want to learn how to eat right without having to scan and measure, and I still lost 2 lbs. in those 2 weeks. Now I have 20 lbs. left to lose to be in the middle of my healthy weight range, and I have no doubt what so ever that I will succeed.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    The quickest weight loss is amputation or organ donation.

Barring that, I would suggest that you focus on the long term, not a short term goal. Rapid weight loss often carries significant risks and can actually make you less healthy.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Eat at a calorie deficit. The end

This^

Eating one certain way to lose weight doesn't help during the maintenance phase.

Just eat foods you like, but measure & log them. Be accountable. This is such a good learning experience.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    As has been stated, you just need to eat at a safe deficit. MFP can determine a target for you, and you just need to eat as close to that number as possible, as consistently as possible.
    You can focus on types of food, macros if that works for you, but you will see great results by sticking to the recommended guidelines.
    You can increase expenditure by exercising, building some muscle by pumping iron, but that isn't for everyone.

There are a million 'tricks' and 'tips' that work for some people. Honestly you need to do this for awhile and then fine tuning as you progress to better suit your life.
    good luck
  • lizzyrose418
    lizzyrose418 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what will work for you, I can only speak on what works for me.

I have drastically reduced my carb intake (basically zero bread, crackers, pasta, rice) , and I eat around 1200 calories a day. I drink an INSANE amount of water, I watch my sodium, and I make sure I have plenty of snacks throughout the day.

My meals for the day generally consist of a meal replacement shake in the morning, and some variation of: hard boiled eggs, tuna, reduced fat string cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, apples, oranges, berries, nonfat Greek yogurt, and some type of lean meat ( generally seafood).

Occasionally, if I'm feeling the urge to have a "cheat" meal, I go to chipotle and get a burrito bowl without rice or meat.

Good luck on your journey!
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what will work for you, I can only speak on what works for me.

I have drastically reduced my carb intake (basically zero bread, crackers, pasta, rice) , and I eat around 1200 calories a day. I drink an INSANE amount of water, I watch my sodium, and I make sure I have plenty of snacks throughout the day.

My meals for the day generally consist of a meal replacement shake in the morning, and some variation of: hard boiled eggs, tuna, reduced fat string cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, apples, oranges, berries, nonfat Greek yogurt, and some type of lean meat ( generally seafood).

Occasionally, if I'm feeling the urge to have a "cheat" meal, I go to chipotle and get a burrito bowl without rice or meat.

Good luck on your journey!

Wow, I'd go into a comatose state with that meal plan, but it works for you. Do you think you'll be able to sustain that for the foreseeable future or is that only temporary?
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    minniemegs wrote: »

Research intermittent fasting, specifically Leangains. There is an intermittent fasting group here on MFP with very helpful information. IF may not be for everyone, but since I started about a month ago, the weight is literally falling off. I was losing so fast that I had to bump up my calorie intake because I was afraid losing so fast was unhealthy. I encourage you to research Leangains intermittent fasting and give it a try.