Women 5'6-5'8 165-185 lbs., What Size are you?

Options

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    5'6"; 166 lbs; size 12 and mediums in most clothing. For reference, since I went to Old Navy recently, in their curvy fit jeans the size 10's are snug, but 12's are a bit loose. All the Rockstar jeans fit the same, regardless of size. I could probably wear any size on the shelf if I really wanted to flatter myself.
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Its all just different frame sizes and body proportions, I'm 5'8, 183-188lbs and definitely a size 14 on the top and 16 on the legs. but a size 16 top would be too big. I'm not a standard hieght for tall persons clothes, yet a standard coat wont fit my long arms XD just is how it is.
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm a little outside of your range, but at 189 I'm a 14. I'm 5'6".

• xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    I'm in smaller sizes for my height and weight - 5'7" maintaining in low 170s and I fit Australian size 10 top and 12 jeans. US sizes are 2 smaller - so size 6/8. That's with no muffin top or fat squeezing out anywhere lol. I don't like to wear things tight. I wear a size small top.

I have lost over 155lbs so there is a fair amount of loose skin that could be adding a bit of weight on the scales. Maybe. My doctor thinks so anyway. I have also lifted heavy for several years and I'm around 26% body fat.

Different body compositions equals different sizes.
  • staytrue765
    staytrue765 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6
    I started at 163 pounds
    Currently at 151
    Goal weight = 130

I still don't feel comfortable and want to lose a good 20 pounds and keep it off. Some women at 150 look amazing, Just depends where the fat on your body is. Good luck
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Cats2626 wrote: »
    I'm 5'7'', 186lbs and a US size 8/10. I was an 8/10 when I was 20+ pounds heavier, and I was a size 8 at my lightest which was about 165lbs. So I feel like I have this 40-50lbs range where I am pretty much the same size...

Finally! Someone like me :)

Omg!! I swear this weight/size range is so weird. But where I'm from, sizes 8 and 10 are the least popular, so I can always find cute stuff in my size.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    One phrase: Vanity Sizing. Just like @sunandmoons said, individuals are more apt to buy an article of clothing if they feel more positive about said clothing (i.e., size 2 versus size 10).

Yeah that's become really common. But the thing is that I own jeans from like 7 different brands, and most of them are 8's (except for one where I needed a 10 and one where I actually needed a 4/6 which is ridiculous). And other women of my height/weight wear the same brands as me, but say they wear different sizes?

No one person will be the same as you...You may be wearing clothes way to tight.. they may be wearing them way to big. Noone is exactly the same. No one structure is the same.

If you are happy with your weight, that again is what matters.

One could weigh 140 and be skinny fat with a 30% ratio of fat and be a size 5.
    Another could weigh140 and have a ratio of 15 % fat and wear a size 9.

What do you think is better?

Oh yes, I know that everyone is different. I also know that I myself have a large body frame/structure. I just found it odd that someone my same height and weight could be 2-3 sizes bigger. 1 I can understand, but 2-3 seems odd.

Not at all.. Too many variations in clothing- styles and manufacturing, vanity sizing.
    Different body compositions.

Your keep focusing your size is smaller, compairing yourself to others. Why is that?

I always compare myself to others. Not that I think they're worse than me, actually because I think they're better than me. I struggle to accept myself, and I feel like these other women all look better than me regardless of size. And other women who are a size 8 look better than me. I just feel inferior compared to others.

Only you can change your self confidence.

Compairing sizes and other body types to yours will get you no where and can make it worse.

I think there is pressure from media and other sources that could make you feel this way.
    You are not alone. Many young girls and women for that matter waste thier lives doing so.
    Pressure with airbrushing making thing seem perfect.

Even some who lose their weight do not find self confidence.

When you wake up everyday try this.. Im strong and beautiful.
    There is noone like me. I'm going to try to be a better me every day.

Prove it to yourself.

Life is to short.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what difference there is between US and UK sizes (i think its 2 sizes down in US) but I'm a UK 12 on top and 14 on the bottom at 179lbs so i guess that's US 8/10
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    5'8", 152 as of this morning, mostly size 10s. I could put on an 8, but it would be tight. I don't wear my clothes tight, generally.

It differs by body size and how tight a fit people are comfortable with. I've seen people post pics wearing clothing that I think is a size (or two) too small for them and other say No, it fits great. So, it's about what you like on that count. My "snug" might be someone else's loose. If it's clinging in any way, I'm not wearing the shirt. If a fat roll blobs over the top, I'm not wearing the shorts. If clothing that is tight "fits" then I'd be in a size 8, but I'm not wearing the 8s yet. :)

I blob out even in pants that are too big. I am so darned fluffy. I feel you! I am 191 now at 5'8, and could definitely wear a 13, but I'm still blobbing over in a 15 that I have to keep pulling up. I'm not going for what fits for a while. Maybe I'll try a 14.
  • ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    And, too, bear in mind that the fat to muscle ratio will go a long way toward 'manipulating' your clothing size. You can weigh twenty or thirty pounds more than someone else and yet wear a clothing size one or two sizes smaller! Again, don't get too hung up on that particular number. THAT's not what you want to look at. And... If Alecia Keyes will forgive me for stealing her line...
    "You're beautiful, no matter what they say." So don't let anyone else be YOUR standard of beauty. You might be surprised at how many of 'them' are envious of you! Just hold your head up and know you are beautiful. Be proud of it!
  • denisegetskinny
    denisegetskinny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'6" 161 and wear sizes 10 to 13 depending on the brand. Levi's 10's are tight 12's are loose. I would like to be at least 150ish and most of my clothes will still fit with a belt.
  • JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm curious. So I have lost weight before. I am 5'7" and at my very biggest I was about 230 pounds and a size 16/18 (16's were a little tight, 18's a little loose). I was very young then. I starved myself for about a year and a half and got down to 165 pounds and a size 8. I don't know how I only lost 65 pounds in a year and a half, but whatever. Well I stopped, and stayed about that weight for awhile surprisingly, but recently I gained back some weight. I now weigh about 180 at 5'7" and am a size 8/10 (all of my clothes from 15 pounds ago still fit except for one pair of jeans I am determined to get back into. They're a 7). I am usually still a size 8. However, when I look online at women of similar height and weight to me, they are usually a size 10-14. None of them are 8's. I find this very confusing, because I don't get how I'm in a single digit size at such a high weight. So, women who are 5'6-5'8 165-185 pounds, what size are you? Are any of you the same size/smaller than me?
    I am:
    5'7"
    About 180 lbs (I'm guessing)
    Size 7/8, sometimes 9/10 pants
    Size Medium shirts/dresses/skirts/shorts, etc.
    Size 32/34 A bra (depending on brand and type. I have no boobs)

Yeah. Sorry for the long pointless rant. I just don't understand how women of my same height and weight are bigger sizes than me. I am going on a diet (a healthy one). I have been a vegetarian for nearly two years. I want to be at the very least a size 2/4 (really want to be a 0, but don't know if I can), but I'm not sure how much I'd have to weigh for that.

I'm 5'8" and 182 lbs. I'm a size 16 in jeans and a medium/large in shirts. I'm an obvious pear shape :) 38D bra size.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's kind of hard to say since clothing sizes vary so much! But I'm 5'7" and 175lbs. I would say size 12 pants, size M or L tops. I am an "hourglass" shape, but slightly more bottom heavy.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    All I know is that I was 19 wearing a size 9 at 155 pounds, and when I was 27 or so, I was 165 pounds wearing the same exact pants. I still have those pants, and will, I WILL, wear them again next year (will be 33 next year). They are my favorite pants in the world, holes and all
  • Cats2626
    Cats2626 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'', 186lbs and a US size 8/10. I was an 8/10 when I was 20+ pounds heavier, and I was a size 8 at my lightest which was about 165lbs. So I feel like I have this 40-50lbs range where I am pretty much the same size...

Finally! Someone like me :)

Omg!! I swear this weight/size range is so weird. But where I'm from, sizes 8 and 10 are the least popular, so I can always find cute stuff in my size.

Lucky. Where I live, sizes 0-2 and then 8-10 are the most popular. Those are always the four sizes that are sold out at stores. Least common are 4-6. So since my size is popular, it's nearly impossible for me to even find jeans.
  • Cats2626
    Options
    ReeseG4350 wrote: »
    And, too, bear in mind that the fat to muscle ratio will go a long way toward 'manipulating' your clothing size. You can weigh twenty or thirty pounds more than someone else and yet wear a clothing size one or two sizes smaller! Again, don't get too hung up on that particular number. THAT's not what you want to look at. And... If Alecia Keyes will forgive me for stealing her line...
    "You're beautiful, no matter what they say." So don't let anyone else be YOUR standard of beauty. You might be surprised at how many of 'them' are envious of you! Just hold your head up and know you are beautiful. Be proud of it!

Thank you for your kind words. :)
  • sarahbri923
    sarahbri923 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" at 184 lbs and I'm a very comfortable size 12. I can *squeeze* into some size 10 clothes from when I was thinner, but I probably need to lose 5-10 lbs before I can truly say I'm a size 10.
  • Cats2626
    Options
    I'm good now. I understand that people can be very different. I talked with my mother, and for example, she is 5'10 and when she was younger she weighed 170 and was a size 10, while I am 5'7, about 180, and typically a size 8. She was taller and thinner and still wore a bigger size. But also, as some of you have said, sizing is different, so what was a 10 then is probably a 6-8 now. Thank you for your responses.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm curious. So I have lost weight before. I am 5'7" and at my very biggest I was about 230 pounds and a size 16/18 (16's were a little tight, 18's a little loose). I was very young then. I starved myself for about a year and a half and got down to 165 pounds and a size 8. I don't know how I only lost 65 pounds in a year and a half, but whatever. Well I stopped, and stayed about that weight for awhile surprisingly, but recently I gained back some weight. I now weigh about 180 at 5'7" and am a size 8/10 (all of my clothes from 15 pounds ago still fit except for one pair of jeans I am determined to get back into. They're a 7). I am usually still a size 8. However, when I look online at women of similar height and weight to me, they are usually a size 10-14. None of them are 8's. I find this very confusing, because I don't get how I'm in a single digit size at such a high weight. So, women who are 5'6-5'8 165-185 pounds, what size are you? Are any of you the same size/smaller than me?
    I am:
    5'7"
    About 180 lbs (I'm guessing)
    Size 7/8, sometimes 9/10 pants
    Size Medium shirts/dresses/skirts/shorts, etc.
    Size 32/34 A bra (depending on brand and type. I have no boobs)

Yeah. Sorry for the long pointless rant. I just don't understand how women of my same height and weight are bigger sizes than me. I am going on a diet (a healthy one). I have been a vegetarian for nearly two years. I want to be at the very least a size 2/4 (really want to be a 0, but don't know if I can), but I'm not sure how much I'd have to weigh for that.

I wore a size 14 at my highest, in the low 170s. I wear your size (8, some 6'es) now at 5'6" and 133-134 lbs :)

But that bra band size explains some of it. I have no fat on my ribs there at all (they're visible front and back) now, and I still have to wear a 36" band. It's the same with my pelvis, where you can see my hipbones at a size 8. My shoulders take a size 12 to have the seams be where they should be!

You are just much more narrow than me, structure-wise :) I've been called 'stocky' while thin, and that's certainly true compared to some other body types. My brother and his friends used to called me 'Teela', and now I take that as a compliment! All body types have their pluses :)

Your weight seeming dense is probably due to muscle where you are literally dense, I'd guess. I had a narrow friend your height who weighed more than me and looked great! We were both 'thin' and she wore the smaller size tops by far.

I'll give my measurements and I'm sure you'll see what I mean:

5'6"
    133-134 lbs
    Shoulders: 18" across, 42 around
    Bust - 38-39"
    Waist - 27-28"
    Hips - 38" to 38.5"

I'm in maintenance now (recomp, actually, to gain upper body muscle, mostly).

• heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I think it depends on body shape... I am 5'7", and currently weigh 174... I am curvy, or "hippie" as my husband calls me, and wear a 12 (or large for non-number sizes) comfortably right now... They are just at the point that they are loose on me by the end of the day, so I'm guessing I'll be in a 10 with the next five or so pounds lost... But on top, I can go medium if I want it more form-fitting or large if I want it loose and comfortable.