will food high in cholesterol affect my cut?

Options
Soooo I made some amaazing chicken, bell pepper, onion, tomato and chilli curry today which I will be eating the next few days, the macros are pretty good IMO, however its a little high in cholesterol. Will this affect my cut?

Macros per serving
344 calories
16.7g fat (healthy fat- only used olive oil)
(10.2g monounsaturated)
124.5mg cholesterol
872mg sodium
8.5g carbs
40g protein

Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Y SHUD IT? HAS NUTHN 2 DO WIT CUTTING IMO.
  • diyadiamonds
    diyadiamonds Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Y SHUD IT? HAS NUTHN 2 DO WIT CUTTING IMO.

Just worried brother!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Soooo I made some amaazing chicken, bell pepper, onion, tomato and chilli curry today which I will be eating the next few days, the macros are pretty good IMO, however its a little high in cholesterol. Will this affect my cut?

Macros per serving
    344 calories
    16.7g fat (healthy fat- only used olive oil)
    (10.2g monounsaturated)
    124.5mg cholesterol
    872mg sodium
    8.5g carbs
    40g protein

Thanks a bunch!

How do you define "healthy fat"? The fat did not only come from olive oil if you have 124 mg of cholesterol per serving. Cholesterol is a fat that comes from animals.

I'm not arguing for or against dietary cholesterol -- just suggesting that a closer look at your preconceptions about fats, as they don't seem to be internally consistent.

Oh, and the amount of fat/cholesterol will not affect your rate of weight loss, assuming that your net calories remain consistent.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol has little to no effect on cutting or weight loss.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol has little to no effect on cutting or weight loss.

Yep, except for a handful of people with certain genetics.

Heck, the USDA recently removed the requirement to have cholesterol on labels due to the lack of evidence between the link of dietary and serum cholesterol.

Side note, there has been evidence that suggest foods high in monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and omega 3 fatty acids can help with cholesterol. Also, for most people weight loss in general will have the biggest impact on cholesterol numbers.