Hoping this time is different

Options
Hello! I'm Cass, I've always had a weight problem, I can never stay on track. Last year I had my first baby so needless to say I have some pounds to lose! I've tried calorie counting, Weight Watchers, etc and same thing happens I do really well and then get lazy and stop. Lately I've been trying to be more aware of what I eat. I decided to go on a sugar (and as many bad carbs as I can) ban. Since Halloween I've not eaten any sweets, except for a light amount of sweetener in my coffee. My goal was to keep this up til Christmas. I thought it would give me a chance to appreciate natural sugars like fruit and other natural flavors, just generally being more conscious to what I eat. I could definitely use someone to keep me in check, while its only been a couple weeks It helps to have support even through the point where I get bored and want to quit. Plus it would be nice to meet other people in a similar boat as me.

Replies

• StacyJanJ
    StacyJanJ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Cass! I would love to support you. Congrats on your new baby! I have three kids so I know exactly what you are going through. I lost over 40 lbs last year and can definitely help you and cheer you on!!
  • Cylie5
    Cylie5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Why thank you! I appreciate it. When I was home with her it was so easy to just eat, especially since I couldn't BF I didn't any more restrictions. I also tend to stress eat, that's a HUGE issue for me. I recently lost my job so I'm at home with her now. It's great but at first it was so easy for me to just go out and grab something to eat or buy snacks. I'm trying to stay busy with keeping her on schedule, I do much better when I'm on schedule and distracted from eating.
  • zombiemom1
    zombiemom1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Cass! Congrats on the new baby! I also have the same problem as you...I get bored after like 6 months of doing good and the weight comes back. Perhaps we can help each other, to keep the boredom away!
  • Cylie5
    Options
    I'd like that :)
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hey Cass, I'm 32 and have about 85 lbs to lose. I am similar to you, where I find something, it works for a while, and then I get lazy or bored and just stop following the program. I have lost and gained the same 20 lbs several times now, and just logged in today for the first time in six months - back at my start weight.
    Sigh.
    Go ahead and add me as a friend and let's do this together. I hope to have a family sometime soon, but would not want to get pregnant with my body in this condition. :(
  • becky7589
    becky7589 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Cass, I'm also back and ready to loose weight after giving birth just 6 weeks ago. Can't wait to loose my baby weight. I also am terrible for just snacking on rubbish due to the joys of looking after a 4 years old and 6week old. But I'm sure with support we can both do this. :) X
  • sbernstein3
    sbernstein3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have had the same ups and downa. This time I'm focusing on cooking more and eating out leass.. .... I am also taking alli
  • award674
    award674 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Cass, I'm also back using my fitness pal. I was going good there for a while but fell off the band wagon! I usually eat fairly good during the day but in the evenings if I have something sweet I can't stop myself from eating more and more! :( i I was also on a sugar ban but have decided not to be so strict on myself and to allow myslef to indulge every so often but now it's like everyday! :(
  • 1956suzyq
    1956suzyq Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Cass I am in the same boat. Start with good intentions . Then I get side tracked and gain it all back. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other. I am 59 and just diagnosed as pre diabetic.
  • Cylie5
    Options
    I have had the same ups and downa. This time I'm focusing on cooking more and eating out leass.. .... I am also taking alli

How do you like Alli? I was thinking of taking it myself
  • chge4btr
    chge4btr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi i'm michelle and i love food. im a emotional eater. so im eating all the time. i had some health issues and i lost 36lbs over a yr ago. i was doing so good. the gym was my church. then i just let go. i gained 16lbs back. im battling my evil self. lol. because i am trying to get back on the wagon and its hard. i kept thinking i can do it myself but realized after many failed attempts i need 1) a backbone 2) support- my support system is not good. my family loves food. 3) to stop lying and making excuses- some excuses are straight out lies . so last week i workout twice and this week so far i workout twice but the week isn't over. i plan on going to the gym tomorrow. i don't like to be pushed but my body is pushing me to do something. so according to the MFP app i will lose 5lbs by 12/16th and i take it. right now its all about just moving forward!
  • JesmineDNCS
    JesmineDNCS Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm jasmine and I've just joined as well. I'm also an emotional eater, hoping this time I will reach my goals. I've lost 20lbs in the past 1 year but regained about 5lbs recently. Jumping right back in and not giving up! Ive started weight training and tried to keep my food intake to my goals. One tip I can share with you is that giving yourself time to plan and prepare your meals goes a long way in keeping the weight off and sticking to your dietary goals. I've noticed that the worst time to think and prepare my meal is when I'm hungry...tend to eat way more then!
  • lilysmomma517
    lilysmomma517 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Cass I'm in the same boat!
    I had my first daughter 2.5 years ago and since then I've gained 20 lbs. When I was pregnant with her I was nauseous the whole 9 months so as soon as she was out I ate as much as I could! I joined mfp about a year ago and do really good for about 2 weeks and then just give up bc I don't lose any weight. This time I'm hoping to stick with it. I just need someone to be there with me to keep me on track! All you ladies can add me if you want! ☺