Secrets to trick a scale?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you mean an actual "trick" then I know it sounds silly but if you take a deep breath just before weighing it can take off a little. Not an entire lb but if you're using a digital scale with decimals it can make a difference. Also, weigh yourself often on the scale you are using at work and play around with shifting your weight. Some scales can show slight different if you put weight on your heels or stand to the back of the scale. Or vice versa, stand or put weight on the front. At least this proved true on our last workplace weight loss program. :wink:
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    Lots of fiber can clean you out pretty well. You can stick to natural fruits and veggies or go the fiber bar route. Be prepared for gas if you have never done this though.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Is this post for real? :noway:

I kind of hope the blood donation & enema suggestions are sarcastic!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    When i wrestled in high school and had to lose about about five pounds the night before weight in. Fill up your bath tube water add two bags of epsom salt and two bottles of rubbing alchohol. Sit in the tub for 45 minutes. After 15 minutes or so you'll start sweeting out the water. Just becarefull and don't stay in the tub longer than 45 minutes, becuase you will dehydrate yourself. GOOD LUCK!

Wow- Just WOW
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Is this post for real? :noway:

I kind of hope the blood donation & enema suggestions are sarcastic!

A contest, a trick, and a whole lot of issues going on in this post!:huh:
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Next time you step on the scale and want to trick the scale, try this.............hold on to the towel racks on the wall, located near your scale..........

Now I know what the real purpose of those racks can be used for......

makes you feel great when you read the numbers......
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i suck in my tummy and pick up my boobs!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

works even better when hubby picks up the boobs 4 me.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

works even better when hubby picks up the boobs 4 me.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think asking a co-worker to hold your boobs might present a couple problems. But I don't have a job, so I could be wrong.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    We had a Biggest Loser challenge last year. This one guy, let's call him Wankerface wanted to win. He did everything completely wrong. The week before the challenge started he ate like absolute crap and put on a couple of kilos. Not eating for two days before weigh-in, then going for celebratory KFC afterwards. Drinking all weekend and generally being a wanker. I did it the old fashioned way - tried to cut back on fatty foods, walked every day for an hour or so. My weight came off slowly - his went up and down like a yo-yo. Fast forward to the last week of competition and Wankerface is spotted at the gym near work WRAPPED HEAD TO TOE IN GLAD WRAP RUNNING ON A TREADMILL. He lost 5 kilos that week.

I beat him by 0.01% to come second, he came third. Twelve months on, I've found 5 kilos of the 15 that I lost and have started again in earnest to lose - almost back to my finishing weight and aiming to lose 50kg more. He's up 25 kilos on his finishing weight and is planning to enter this year's comp as well. We got an email saying that it'll be starting again in July sometime - so he's started eating like crap again to load up for the first weigh in.... I know I'll woop his *kitten* this time!!
  • Therapist_mama
    Options
    w114140931.jpg

Too funny Anubis!
  • Therapist_mama
    Options
    Next time you step on the scale and want to trick the scale, try this.............hold on to the towel racks on the wall, located near your scale..........

Now I know what the real purpose of those racks can be used for......

makes you feel great when you read the numbers......

Hahahaha! Too funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Therapist_mama
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This is hilarious!!!!!!
  • Therapist_mama
    Options
    We had a Biggest Loser challenge last year. This one guy, let's call him Wankerface wanted to win. He did everything completely wrong. The week before the challenge started he ate like absolute crap and put on a couple of kilos. Not eating for two days before weigh-in, then going for celebratory KFC afterwards. Drinking all weekend and generally being a wanker. I did it the old fashioned way - tried to cut back on fatty foods, walked every day for an hour or so. My weight came off slowly - his went up and down like a yo-yo. Fast forward to the last week of competition and Wankerface is spotted at the gym near work WRAPPED HEAD TO TOE IN GLAD WRAP RUNNING ON A TREADMILL. He lost 5 kilos that week.

I beat him by 0.01% to come second, he came third. Twelve months on, I've found 5 kilos of the 15 that I lost and have started again in earnest to lose - almost back to my finishing weight and aiming to lose 50kg more. He's up 25 kilos on his finishing weight and is planning to enter this year's comp as well. We got an email saying that it'll be starting again in July sometime - so he's started eating like crap again to load up for the first weigh in.... I know I'll woop his *kitten* this time!!

Thus the insanity of contests! Just get healthy dammit!
  • hugginsc
    hugginsc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Consume 2 boiled eggs and tomatoes the day before weigh in and you will be down by 3 pounds for every day you eat just boiled eggs and tomatoes. I usually do this for 1-2 days a quarter and lose 3 - 6 pounds easily. Be sure to drink plenty of water.
  • Therapist_mama
    Options
    Consume 2 boiled eggs and tomatoes the day before weigh in and you will be down by 3 pounds for every day you eat just boiled eggs and tomatoes. I usually do this for 1-2 days a quarter and lose 3 - 6 pounds easily. Be sure to drink plenty of water.

Oh now this is HEALTHY! Really people this is a website designed for people who are serious about getting fit and healthy not some three ring circus!!!!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Melons are a natural diretic,cantolpe, watermelon,honeydew....I eat these and I pee like crazy
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Another easy way to drop water weight besides cutting sodium is to cut carbs for a couple days before. Its not real weight but the scale will look pretty.
  • DieselGrrl
    DieselGrrl Posts: 55
    Options

Oh now this is HEALTHY! Really people this is a website designed for people who are serious about getting fit and healthy not some three ring circus!!!!

in response to this, I am on here to be healthy and have lost 8 pounds in the last 2 months through a balanced diet and exercise. I have worked really hard at losing weight and my biggest competition in this contest is a guy who has been crash dieting. he has lost over 30 pounds in the last 2 months and I know it is in an unhealthy manner (not a lifestyle change) I just want the scale to reflect my hard work for the last 2 months, and the scale we are using for the contest registers a 5 pound gain from the scale at home.

When i posted this I was looking for ways to reduce any kind of water weight before the final weigh in.
  • DieselGrrl
    DieselGrrl Posts: 55
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied with positive feedback!

The plan is to reduce my sodium and carbs, drink tons of water all weekend and sqeeze in 2 extra workouts before Monday! I have also planned an intense cardio workout for the morning of the weigh in and will follow that by a trip to the sauna!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My husband tried hiding 2 liter bottles of soda in the cargo pockets of his work pants before their first weigh in. :laugh: He was busted when he slooshed. But then a few weeks into the contest, he broke his ankle and couldn't exercise, so that took him out of the running anyway.

If you really want to be deceitful, insist on putting the scale on carpet for your weigh-in. But only yours.