so hard to be pregnant :(

Options
2»

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    If this where me I would concern myself with growing a healthy baby and make good food choices . you'll have plenty of time to worry about weight loss after the baby is born.
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I can speak from experience here of what OP must be feeling.....I bet she (like me) is super happy to be able to be pregnant and to know she will have a happy healthy baby at the end of the road BUT as someone who maybe struggled with weight and/or body conscious issues (again, my experience) it really hits you hard. knowing that you can work out and *try* to lose the weight again and knowing it is all for the greater good of the baby doesn't change the fact that sometimes you just feel a little helpless about the gain. and yes it is hard to stay in the healthy range of gain...once i passed the 30lbs mark my doctors kept saying things about gaining weight and to me it felt like they were putting me down for getting big or gaining too much which really even further damaged my self esteem, even though i knew i probably just had a big healthy baby in there and was loving him antipartum already.

While i have a cousin and a friend who both have fertility problems and one did ivf, i completely understand how you ladies must feel. I can't say i feel it for you because i haven't been through it but i have watched the heartbreak and honestly felt guilty myself as i got pregnant with baby #2 while they still struggled for one....but that's no way to live. we can't live guilty with what we have because others don't have it and vice versa we shouldn't be putting guilt onto others. what we need to do is lift each other up! I hope and pray you ladies have those babies you want someday. I do! and OP i know you will look out for baby's best interest even through your own struggles. it is okay to struggle, it is natural. just try to be positive and talking about it is definitely better than bottling it up IMO. Good luck!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    alyjb1121 wrote: »
    I can speak from experience here of what OP must be feeling.....I bet she (like me) is super happy to be able to be pregnant and to know she will have a happy healthy baby at the end of the road BUT as someone who maybe struggled with weight and/or body conscious issues (again, my experience) it really hits you hard. knowing that you can work out and *try* to lose the weight again and knowing it is all for the greater good of the baby doesn't change the fact that sometimes you just feel a little helpless about the gain. and yes it is hard to stay in the healthy range of gain...once i passed the 30lbs mark my doctors kept saying things about gaining weight and to me it felt like they were putting me down for getting big or gaining too much which really even further damaged my self esteem, even though i knew i probably just had a big healthy baby in there and was loving him antipartum already.

While i have a cousin and a friend who both have fertility problems and one did ivf, i completely understand how you ladies must feel. I can't say i feel it for you because i haven't been through it but i have watched the heartbreak and honestly felt guilty myself as i got pregnant with baby #2 while they still struggled for one....but that's no way to live. we can't live guilty with what we have because others don't have it and vice versa we shouldn't be putting guilt onto others. what we need to do is lift each other up! I hope and pray you ladies have those babies you want someday. I do! and OP i know you will look out for baby's best interest even through your own struggles. it is okay to struggle, it is natural. just try to be positive and talking about it is definitely better than bottling it up IMO. Good luck!

No guilt was intended. I just meant to try to keep things in perspective. Op is lucky to have her babies, but unfortunately struggles to get her body back. I'll never know that fight but I'll always hurt over not being able to experience pregnancy despite having adopted a baby. We're both very fortunate. I do wish Op all the best on all fronts. :smile:

• The_Book_Thief
    The_Book_Thief Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I gained 40 with my first one and never quite lost all the weight. I was actively working on it when I got pregnant with my second. I'm 22 weeks right now, and I've gained 21 so far. I'm keeping an eye on my weight, but I'm not going to obsess about it. The way I figure it, as long as you're eating reasonably and exercising when you can, you'll be okay. Every woman is different and so is every baby. We'll have plenty of time to work on it again after these Munchkins are born.

If it helps, there's a calorie calculator on a website called Fit to be Pregnant that gives you calorie goals for each trimester, plus breastfeeding. :)
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Be more concerned with your carb intakes, especially refined sugars. Keep carbs below 120/day.