I'm quite hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm going to echo what a lot of others have said already. The keys for many people to feel full and satiated are getting enough calories, protein, fat, and fiber.

I went back a month in your diary. There were a lot of blank days, so who knows what happened there.

You've logged over 1,000 calories a grand total of 5 times. You aren't getting enough calories if this is anywhere near accurate.

Protein guidelines vary, but anywhere from .6-.8 grams per pound of body weight is what I usually see recommended. And you can exceed that if you want. I don't know your stats, but for a 150 pound person this would be 90-120 grams. You hardly ever log more than 30 grams of protein.

Fat guidelines also vary, but generally it's recommended to reach .3-.4 grams per pound of body weight. And you can exceed that if you want. Again, I don't know your stats. For a 150 pound person this would be 45-60 grams per day. You hardly ever log more than 30 grams of protein.

The MFP minimum for fiber is, I believe, 18 grams, though you can exceed that if you want to. You hardly ever log more than 10 grams of fiber.

I would adjust your food choices and tighten up your logging to try and reach these minimums daily. Then reassess in three or four weeks.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Are you binging on the days you don't log? If so, not eating at such a very high deficit will likely lead to fewer days so hungry that you eat things you didn't intend to.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Are you logging all the foods you're eating? Because if so this is pretty scary. I see very little of nutritional value. Some of your entries are just "butter" or "sugar", with no indication that you are using those to supplement another food. You're missing meals, and most of your meals consist of thing like chips and a couple carrots. I'm really hoping your logging is off...
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i would be hungry too. Lots of veggies and fruit. I can eat a huge salad with tons of veggies, chicken, olives, artichoke hearts, garbonzo beans, chicken breast etc for under 400 calories and I am full after that. I would take the others suggestions and redo your diet to add more fiber rich foods that will fill you up. I also like soup with a bunch of veggies. It fills me up and its usually only a hundred calories
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Just curious....but why are you torturing yourself? They give POWs more food.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • meh3479
    meh3479 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    I had a cup and a third of applesauce, two pieces of bread, two carrots, a snack sized bag of Lays, three grapes, two fried chicken tenders and a couple of bites of mashed potatoes today. I'm hungry, though. I wasn't sure if the fried chicken tenders would fit into 598 calories as I dont know how much my chicken weighs or how much oil it sucks up :( no food scale. Trying to keep from eating more till tomorrow.

I'm craving some serious desserts. I think I'm hungry too. I'm under my calorie goal and I want to keep it that way. I keep thinking of food. :#
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hugs every1 . . . sorry. I explained earlier, but I dont log all my stuff. On the days I do log, I do log all of my food except dinner. I find it hard to log dinner because it's not prepared by me, so I'm not sure of the calories.
    Thanks for your nutritional advice and sorry for causing alarm :(
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest picking an analog. For instance, if you are served a chili, pick a chili entry. If you are served an Alfredo, pick an Alfredo.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    Hugs every1 . . . sorry. I explained earlier, but I dont log all my stuff. On the days I do log, I do log all of my food except dinner. I find it hard to log dinner because it's not prepared by me, so I'm not sure of the calories.
    Thanks for your nutritional advice and sorry for causing alarm :(

It is possible to over-estimate how many calories you're consuming, just like many people under-estimate. Set your goal to a reasonable rate of loss that gives you a sustainable calorie allowance, get a food scale, and fuel your body. Good luck!
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I have hungry days and then totally ok days within same calorie range.