T25 and Weight Training

Options
Hi All

Just trying to get a few opinions here.
I have Focus T25-all three, alpha, beta and Gamma.
I also have a home weight gym plus some free weights.

I would like to create some type of workout schedule using the two- T25 and my weight machine.
Trying to figure out what is the best way to do so , so that I allow some rest days in there for muscle repair.
I'm thinking I won't need to do Focus T25 all 5/6 days. Should I do T25 and weights on the same day or Do a T25 video one day and weights another day, alternate like that? ---your thoughts? Suggestions?

Goal: weight loss and preserve muscle

Thanks!

Replies

• skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions????
  • cam_allan
    cam_allan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know T25 in detail although I do Alpha Cardio now and then. I'd do 3 T25 and 3 resistance workouts a week. Or get P90X.
  • TravisBremner
    TravisBremner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd alternate between T25 & weights days. I'd also mix it up, do T25 two days in a row then weights two days, etc. to keep your body guessing.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    The Beta and Gamma phases have some weights incorporated into the program. So you could just aim to do those videos on your weight days. Or just use your weight machine on 3-4 days a week and do the more cardio based T25 vids the other 2-3 days (depending if you are planning in a work day).
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    First, dont' keep your body guessing (aka Muscle Confusion) as MC is one of the biggest BS ideas around. Just do a Google Scholar search for the "SAID Principle" aka "Specificity Principle". In a nutshell, you must do the same thing for repeated bouts for a length of time in order to improve at it. That's why WOD's generally suck for strength development in the long-term. /rant

First, break-down T25 and what it really is; it's a means of improving aerobic conditioning; the strength training is obvious. Which is most important to you? Whichever is most important to you is the one you have to prioritize but it can't be both. A wise strength-coach once wrote in-relation to priorities, "a samurai can only serve one master." If you prefer the conditioning then do that 3 to 4 times a week and then strength train 2 to 3 times a week. Whatever you end-up doing for strength training just find a well structured program to follow. If you only have a machine then you may have some limitations but it could put you on the right path.

• AmbitiousButRubbish
    Options
    I did both. At the start of each phase (alpha, beta, gamma) my muscles were very sore but by the second week of each phase I could do both T25 and weight without too much of a problem. Some times I did have to tailor my weight training around the video schedule. For instance, don't weight train your legs on the same day or probably the day after "lower body focus" for T25. You legs will probably be too sore to make the weight training worth it so do another body group on those days.