New to MFP & don't understand net calorie consumed report

Options
Hey There!
A friend of mine raved about this site so I figured I would give it a shot. Honestly, I downloaded the app over a year ago and never used it. I am in absolute amazement over this site! It is so motivational and has really been instrumental in me getting back on track this week. I have had the best week ever!!!

Anyhow, I've reallly started to track and I'm having trouble understanding the "net calorie consumed" report. I've been averaging between 1200 to 1500 calories per day but this report shows only 800 calories on many days. Could this have anything to do with my caloric deficit? I've been working out and burning an additional 600 calories every day. I just wish there was a place on the site that explains how the reports are calculated. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Kristie

Replies

• jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    Yes, basically MFP subtracts any calories you burn during exercise from your food, allowing you to eat back all the exercise you do.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    your net calories is the amount that you consumed after exercise..
    if you daily goal is 1200 and youeat only 1200 and exercise and burn 600 calories then you consumed 600 calories for the day,,,and at the end of the day after exercise your net should be atleast 1200 for it to be healthy weight lose...
    Hope this helps,,,you need to eat back most of your exercise calories that you earn...
  • powdermnky
    powdermnky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes....thank you both for your responses. Very helpful!!!