Losing to conceive!

Options
lil_lizt
lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
I managed to lose last year, going from obese bmi to normal, but a happy relationship and lots of take aways/meals out happened and I'm bordering back on obese territory!

We've decided to try for a baby, and I came off my depo but it's taking forever to get my cycle back. Apparently it's stored in fat cells so I'm hoping to lose the weight to help that along, and also so I'm as healthy as I can be.

Anyone ride doing this for the same reason? Add me and we can support each other!

Replies

• kathyelizabeth87
    kathyelizabeth87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello! Yes! I'm at 30.4 on m6 BMI, mines a little different as I have had both tubes removed and I can't conceive on my own, the doctor won't allow me to have ivf before I have a lower BMI. So here I am! :)
  • vrokhfit
    vrokhfit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm losing just to try to have the healthiest possible pregnancy (way in the obese BMI range). I don't plan on waiting until I reach a specific goal to start trying, but I figure every lb of loss that do achieve before conception can only help! :)
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    Hello! Yes! I'm at 30.4 on m6 BMI, mines a little different as I have had both tubes removed and I can't conceive on my own, the doctor won't allow me to have ivf before I have a lower BMI. So here I am! :)

Oh no, sorry to hear about your difficulties, you'll be in having that ivf in no time
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    icozaFB87 wrote: »
    I'm losing just to try to have the healthiest possible pregnancy (way in the obese BMI range). I don't plan on waiting until I reach a specific goal to start trying, but I figure every lb of loss that do achieve before conception can only help! :)

I've started trying already, but I'm pretty sure I'm not ovulating yet
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I was trying to get pregnant for 9 months last year and started losing weight in Late August. I dropped around 20lbs and became pregnant the end of October beginning of November last year. I now have a beautiful three month old baby and I'm working on losing the pregnancy weight and then some. Good luck to you. Losing even a small amount increases fertility!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Having a healthy pregnancy is one of many reasons I'm here. I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism so issues with my hormones are only made worse by my weight. I also have hypertension and have been able to cut my medication in half due to my weight loss and increased activity. I am hoping to lose a little more to just make myself more comfortable when I do get pregnant. We're just practicing right now but we're having a lot more fun now that I'm more flexible and have more energy
  • michaudot
    michaudot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been able to reverse all symptoms of my PCOS and take no medications and have become pregnant now after trying for 2.5 years! Glad I lost the weight in preparation for my pregnancy!
  • martina_perth
    martina_perth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We are hoping to try for baby number two but need to lose a lot of weight first. am obese category two. This is my first week in and have lost 5.5lbs so hoping I can keep it going until the finish line this time. I was overweight and have pcos when trying for baby number one and was so scared we wouldn't be able to conceive. Will add you asa a friend if that's ok
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    ragenhay1 wrote: »
    I was trying to get pregnant for 9 months last year and started losing weight in Late August. I dropped around 20lbs and became pregnant the end of October beginning of November last year. I now have a beautiful three month old baby and I'm working on losing the pregnancy weight and then some. Good luck to you. Losing even a small amount increases fertility!

Aww that's lovely, thank you for the encouragement that weight can make a difference
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    michaudot wrote: »
    I have been able to reverse all symptoms of my PCOS and take no medications and have become pregnant now after trying for 2.5 years! Glad I lost the weight in preparation for my pregnancy!

Congratulations!
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    Having a healthy pregnancy is one of many reasons I'm here. I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism so issues with my hormones are only made worse by my weight. I also have hypertension and have been able to cut my medication in half due to my weight loss and increased activity. I am hoping to lose a little more to just make myself more comfortable when I do get pregnant. We're just practicing right now but we're having a lot more fun now that I'm more flexible and have more energy

That's brilliant going
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    We are hoping to try for baby number two but need to lose a lot of weight first. am obese category two. This is my first week in and have lost 5.5lbs so hoping I can keep it going until the finish line this time. I was overweight and have pcos when trying for baby number one and was so scared we wouldn't be able to conceive. Will add you asa a friend if that's ok

That's an amazing loss for a week
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to meet people in similar situations. The more support and friends the better as far as I'm concerned.
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I'm happy to meet people in similar situations. The more support and friends the better as far as I'm concerned.

Added you
  • MostlyHealthyMomma
    Options
    My husband and I haven't started trying yet, but we plan to early next year :) I just want our baby and the pregnancy to have its best chance, so I want to start losing weight (again...) before. Good luck to you!
  • michelles709
    michelles709 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to lose weight to be healthy before I get pregnant . My goal right now is 20 pounds. We haven't decided on trying yet but losing some weight before hand wouldn't hurt.

• wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start trying around March next year... I hover around in the 150's which is a little on the chubby side for me. I'm trying to get some weight off before my wedding in Feb and so that I can be as small as possible to start trying to conceive. I'm in the military and so getting the weight right back off after baby will be the key. So I figure being slim to begin with will totally help! Good luck to you, we all can do it!
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    My husband and I haven't started trying yet, but we plan to early next year :) I just want our baby and the pregnancy to have its best chance, so I want to start losing weight (again...) before. Good luck to you!

And you too
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to lose weight to be healthy before I get pregnant . My goal right now is 20 pounds. We haven't decided on trying yet but losing some weight before hand wouldn't hurt.

I have 30lbs to lose just to get to a healthy bmi, seems like so much
  • lil_lizt
    Options
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    I'm planning to start trying around March next year... I hover around in the 150's which is a little on the chubby side for me. I'm trying to get some weight off before my wedding in Feb and so that I can be as small as possible to start trying to conceive. I'm in the military and so getting the weight right back off after baby will be the key. So I figure being slim to begin with will totally help! Good luck to you, we all can do it!

And you too