Boobs and weight loss

Options
124»

Replies

• MeganDinkins1
    MeganDinkins1 Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I started at a D cup when I was slim I'm 60 pounds heavier and I don't really wanna know what I'm up to now.
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I've lost around 45 pounds (from 178 ->132lb on a 5'7" female) and my bra size barely changed...from 36D to 34D (sometimes 32D).

For sports bras, I've found good ones at Macy's and Kohls, usually on sale. I'm not into paying over the top for a bra, but they gotta do the job. One is an Under Armour.
    Also, try stores like TJMaxx or Marshall's.
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started at a 34DDD and have lost 28lbs so far. While I haven't been measured for a new bra yet, I'm guessing I'm down to the single D range. I have ALWAYS had a larger chest and wasn't thinking I'd lose much in my bra but have been pleasantly surprised. It all depends on the person though of course- but I'd say chances are everybody loses at least some.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You can expect a loss as you drop overall BF%. My boobs were the first to go, much to my husband's chagrin :smile:
  • NinjaChinchillaNZ
    NinjaChinchillaNZ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I always had people saying boobs would be the first thing to go, but after losing 14kg (30lb) I lost 1 band size and barely 1 cup size. Went from 34F to 32E. I think the density of a persons breast tissue has a lot to do with it too as they aren't made up just of fat. Mine is quite dense so doesn't seem to change too much with my weight.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I would gladly lose the books. Infuriating they are. At 270 I wore a 38 D7. In American cup sizing that's a J cup. I'm down to 209 and am in an intermediate bra size of 36 D5 (H) . It doesn't quite fit right but I'm not buying any more bras for at least another 20 lbs.

At 180 I expect to be a 36 D3 (F). I dream of Itty bitty C cups.. *sigh*.
  • skinnygirldc
    skinnygirldc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that the volume of breast tissue is much smaller in a 34DD than a 40DD, even if it sounds kinda the same. A 34DD would be comparable to a 40B in volume.

• tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've lost 88lbs so far (16-20 more to go). I have gone from a 42E to a 32D. I'm hoping they end up no bigger than a C when I'm done.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Have lost almost 58 pounds and went from a 44 J to 36 J. The band size dropped before the bust but over all they have kept a 10-12 inch spread. I have worked hard to strengthen my shoulders, chest and back to maintain the muscle there that supported the extra weight. I have always had large breasts even when I was a healthy weight, so I don't expect the cup size to decrease dramatically.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    In standard sizing I am a G cup. I wear only Enell Sports bras which don't go by the ABCD sizing. You have to measure yourself for them and go by their size chart. If your measurements don't fit one of their standard sizes they will custom make one for you and after the initial setup fee your custom bra will cost the same as their off the rack sizes.

I also ride horses and my mare is a Standardbred. Yup... BIG bouncy trot. In my Enell bras the twins don't move a bit even when Baby gets "fancy". Since I started wearing this bran my back has not bothered me nearly as much. I did just drop a size but still overall measurements put me in the G category. Even when I was thin I has very large chested so I don't count on losing al that much on top.

Investing in really good bras is a must for people like us.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I think I was a 38C/D at my largest. Now? Barely a 30-32 A/AA, and they look like deflated balloons. :D
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I hope they go back to normal size when I lose this weight. Sometimes I feel like they are attacking me!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Have lost 50 pounds, and I'm a pear shape so I've gone from a 38D to a 36C- actually I bought some new bras a few weeks ago and have lost since then so I may even be smaller- haven't shopped for more bras. My husband says he misses my boobs, but it is genetic so it is what it is. I was about 34B when he met me, but two pregnancies and breast feedings later I have more loose skin around them so they are like sad water balloons as opposed to the small perky things I had when I was 20. Oh well!