Eggs - Mmm Mmm Good

Options
I love eggs, I have about 5 large eggs a day and I like to change up the way I eat them.

Today I got a little experimental, I made eggs with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and topped it off with sriracha sauce.

Oh, My, Bajeebus was it ever delicious. I have eggs with salsa, different vegetables but damn this was freaking good.

So my question for you guys is, how do you eat eggs?

Replies

• spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I make egg muffins with bacon and ham with a little bit of cheese, I fry them up, I boil them, I eat them with avocado! Big egg fan here too!! Your pepperoni and sriracha sounds awesome!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, I have about 5 large eggs a day and I like to change up the way I eat them.

Today I got a little experimental, I made eggs with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and topped it off with sriracha sauce.

Oh, My, Bajeebus was it ever delicious. I have eggs with salsa, different vegetables but damn this was freaking good.

So my question for you guys is, how do you eat eggs?

That sounds lovely!

I love crustless ham and cheese quiche.
  • healthy_hermione
    healthy_hermione Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I eat mine scrambled/fried pretty much every time. I love eggs.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Even though we have a never ending supply of eggs most of which we have to give away to keep from spoiling, I'm pretty boring with their usage. Boiled, fried, scrambled, omelet, deviled, egg salad, or added to a recipe is about it. I'm not a fan of sriracha but I usually put some type of hot sauce on them if eating them scrambled or as an omelet.

I have been meaning to try egg muffins but I need to remember to pick up a muffin tin when shopping.

I can't imagine eating 5 a day though. If I go with an average I might eat 1 egg a day.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Oh, I forgot about egg fried rice. I make this as a side dish quite often.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Very very boringly. I crack an egg into a bowl and add a couple tablespoons of egg white and zap 'em in the microwave for a little over a minute. Then pour some sugar free maple syrup or sprinkle some nutritional yeast on it.

But it's every night and it's delicious. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Oh, that's looks amazing. I'm definitely giving that a try.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Kinda not feeling like having eggs lately for some reason, but I like 3 egg omelets with zucchini/onions/tomatoes,
    salmon/goat cheese/onions, mozzarella/tomatoes, and feta/ham/spinach.

Love quiche too (with or without crust). Or just two eggs with an English muffin, or a croque madame (toasted ham and swiss sandwich with an egg on top). Or a tortilla with refried beans and cheddar, a fried egg, and some salsa. Or just a crepe with ham, cheese, and an egg.

I like my eggs fried, but with the yolk runny, I'm not sure how they are called though?

I love egg benedicts but haven't figured out how to make those yet.

And egg fried rice too, but I haven't made that in a while for some reason. Love egg salads but I'm too lazy to hard boil them.
  • joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Even though we have a never ending supply of eggs most of which we have to give away to keep from spoiling, I'm pretty boring with their usage. Boiled, fried, scrambled, omelet, deviled, egg salad, or added to a recipe is about it. I'm not a fan of sriracha but I usually put some type of hot sauce on them if eating them scrambled or as an omelet.

I have been meaning to try egg muffins but I need to remember to pick up a muffin tin when shopping.

I can't imagine eating 5 a day though. If I go with an average I might eat 1 egg a day.

3 for breakfast 2 hard boiled for a snack haha :)
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    sunny side up using olive oil :p
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Very very boringly. I crack an egg into a bowl and add a couple tablespoons of egg white and zap 'em in the microwave for a little over a minute. Then pour some sugar free maple syrup or sprinkle some nutritional yeast on it.

Sugar free maple syrup? Syrup IS sugar. How does that work?
    Genuinely curious. Clearly whatever you're doing is working ;)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Sugar free maple syrup? Syrup IS sugar. How does that work?
    Genuinely curious. Clearly whatever you're doing is working ;)

LOL I don't know!

(Ok, I looked up the ingredients. It's the sorbitol, which food manufacturers don't consider sugar?)

foodfacts.com/ci/nutritionfacts/LiteSugar-Free/Mrs-Butterworths-Sugar-Free-Syrup-24-fl-oz/68009

And thanks! :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10032942/scrambled-egg-muffins/p1

Here's an egg muffin discussion... we were chatting in this back in 2014. So if you enjoy your eggs you might really like this thread link as well.

Glad I came across this one as well! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10032942/scrambled-egg-muffins/p1

Here's an egg muffin discussion... we were chatting in this back in 2014. So if you enjoy your eggs you might really like this thread link as well.

Glad I came across this one as well! :)

I like crust less quiches... easier to track!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Poached or fried with a runny yolk.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I LOVE poached eggs on avocado
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

I will try this, thanks. Seems like a serving for 1 won't be very high in calories. I mean, I've always liked shakshuka but never thought to make it.
  • livelovebbg
    livelovebbg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made scrambled eggs with spinach, onions, sundried tomatoes, and garlic. Put half on a slice of rye toast and ate half on its own. Topped with hot sauce. Sooooo yum.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Boring, but I hard boil eggs android throw them into my lunch.