Options
Truier909
Truier909 Posts: 2 Member
GLUTEN FREE is how I have to be

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You can still have potatoes and rice. Rice chex cereal and other easily available foods are also GF.
    Do searches for rice recipes--- like turkey meat balls over rice for dinner
    or eggs and bacon over cooked in the pan sliced potatoes for breakfast.
  • Truier909
    Truier909 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah thank you...I think I'm going to start a group for people with celiac disease..so we can help each other out...
  • jjennc1
    jjennc1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just made this recipe gluten free. I replaced the barley with quinoa and the canadian bacon with 3 T real bacon bits. https://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeID=51803
  • jjennc1
    Options
    Another great one! www.cleaneatingmag.com replacing the bread crumbs with gluten free ones.
  • jjennc1
    Options
  • jjennc1
    Options
    Another option: chicken parm zucchini boats: 1.00 large, Squash, summer, zucchini, includes skin, raw
    15.00 tomatoes, Grape Tomato
    4.00 nuggets, Simply Smart Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
    2.25 slices, Ultra Thin Slices - Provolone
    2.00 Tbsp., 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
    5.00 g, Olive Oil Spray
  • jjennc1
    Options
    I have so many. I wish that we could search recipes. I will try to post some others here as well.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    There are tons of web sites with recipes out there. I like the ones that have comments at the end so you can see if people made it and liked it or what changes were made on it. I've been looking up gluten and dairy free for my daughter, but haven't made them yet, getting the correct ingredients.
  • GlutenIsNotMyFriend
    Options
    I just made the most delicious Biscotti
    Grain-Free Orange, Almond & Dark Chocolate Biscotti – Gluten-free + Vegan
    Makes 12-15 cookies

1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (tightly packed)
    1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (or tapioca starch)
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup maple syrup or honey (I used honey)
    1/4 cup sliced almonds or other nut
    3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
    2 tablespoons orange zest
    1/4 cup dark chocolate chunk
    (I actually used 1/2 cup dark chocolate covered almonds rather than chocolate and almonds separately, then I chopped in in the food processor)

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
    In your food processor combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda. Process until all of the ingredients are well combined. Then pulse in maple (or honey), orange juice and orange zest until the dough forms a ball. Fold in chopped almonds and chocolate chunks by hand.
    Dampen hands and form the dough into a log approx 10″ long and 2″ wide on the parchment paperlined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour. Turn the oven to 250º F.
    Once fully cooled cut the log into 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal with a very sharp knife.
    Spread slices out on a baking sheet cut side down and bake at 250° for 10 minutes then turn over and bake another 10 minutes on the other side. Turn off the oven and let them sit inside the oven on the baking sheet until cool.
    Once cooled they should be nice and crispy.
  • SharonDenzien
    SharonDenzien Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Join Pinterest! Lots of gluten free. My niece has celiac and finds great recipes on Pinterest
  • AslanBalaur
    AslanBalaur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else tried looking through the recipes pages from this site and found supposedly gluten free recipe that calls for whole wheat bread? How do I report this to MFP so they can fix the screwed up recipe listings?
  • tryasimighty
    tryasimighty Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I used cornflakes instead of breadcrumbs in burgers, to top things with a crust etc. Smash them up and they work amazingly with lots of things!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I used cornflakes instead of breadcrumbs in burgers, to top things with a crust etc. Smash them up and they work amazingly with lots of things!

I don't think corn flakes are gluten free -- if they have "barley malt syrup" - that's a no-no for a celiac
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    You can follow my GF board on Pinterest @velma76. I have made a lot of things on that board. I love to cook and bake. GF baking is a new process to me but I'm getting the hang of it.