2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    Just a random observation, but I do wonder... in men's before and after pictures, they're usually smiling before, and almost never smiling after. Why is that? Where did the smile go? Bring it back!

Why are the womerns always making puckered faces?

Because Duck face. It's supposed to be sexy and stuff.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Just a random observation, but I do wonder... in men's before and after pictures, they're usually smiling before, and almost never smiling after. Why is that? Where did the smile go? Bring it back!

Why are the womerns always making puckered faces?

Because Duck-face. It's supposed to be sexy and stuff.

Dude...when I see a puckered face selfie like that I need to back my chair away from the desk asap for obvious reasons. It is just that sexy.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options

If I get all buffed up my after picture will be smiling, with food and beer in hand. Seriously.
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

If I get all buffed up my after picture will be smiling, with food and beer in hand. Seriously.

Which is exactly right.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the male equivalent of Resting *kitten* Face when I'm not paying attention to my facial expression.

Had to quote that to see what you were saying. And yep I'm exactly the same
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    Amount of work it takes to build muscle along with diet makes guys cranky. I know I am.

This explains why all the guys on Tinder and PlentyofFish look so pi$$ed off
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man but I think it's hard to feel normal while smiling and taking a picture of myself. It seems very vain. So then the next option is to attempt to smile but also make it look like a candid shot where I just happen to be smiling and situated *just so* with no crazy eyes or double chin or strange expression. Then those look weird to me. And then I get frustrated and end up having a non-smiling "get this over with" expression on my face.

I can't figure out how people get good focused flexing pictures of themselves without their cameras covering their bodies or their fingers showing up in a corner of the shot. Especially pictures of their backs.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    From a marketing standpoint it is usually the other way around. Lots of before and after pics on Instagram. Personally I am smiling in both. But I get the flex point of view. I recently was at the gym and a guy next to me asked me to take his picture while working out. I was like yeah aaaahh no. lol I see him holding up the dumbbells in one position for like 2 mins and someone was taking his picture. lol
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am not smiling in either pics. But in the after it is probably because I am trying harder to flex lol.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Well..they usually lose more weight and faster…and to top it off..they bulk up with muscles and look super fit.

so… .They have a serious look cause they've done some serious work.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Maybe guys want to show how tough and macho they are now that they're in shape when before it was important to show how sensitive you are because you didn't have the body to pull off macho.

I think that's spot on!
  • Uncle_Eddie
    Uncle_Eddie Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I smiled...but it was shirt-on because it was about 40 degrees and windy and I was on top of a mountain pass in SW Colorado.

P.S. Chocolate tastes amazing at 12,000 feet. Maybe the chocolate made me smile?
  • buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    before-eating and doing whatever you want, after-counting calories and waking up early to go to the gym. only time a buff dude smiles now is when he's trying to get some
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Maybe guys want to show how tough and macho they are now that they're in shape when before it was important to show how sensitive you are because you didn't have the body to pull off macho.

I think that you are on to something here.

I rarely notice this among Americans, but almost all of the Mexican and Latin American men that I know try to look super-stern in pictures...especially the ones who are machistas or who want to be perceived as such.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Good eye. You would think it would be the other way around. Being happy that we lost the weight. Cant argue with your observation though, not sure why either!
    bpcweb97b2yv.jpg
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    We're not as jolly anymore without the Santa belly.
  • CardiLuxe
    CardiLuxe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lmfao you kill meee! I'll definitely Have to look for that. Maybe no MacDonald's :'(
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the male equivalent of Resting *kitten* Face when I'm not paying attention to my facial expression.

<3 this.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I never smiled in any pics

Don't really like pics

As there is not one of me on here

My bicycle tire is smiling!