Need encouragement

Options
I got extremely off track this week and I'm really disappointed in myself, I could really use some encouragement

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Life happens. I've had a wobbly 2-3 weeks but I haven't gained and I've been back to my regularly scheduled programming for a few days. The wobble helped I think. Don't be disappointed, get back on track and be extremely proud of doing that!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Define "extremely off track".
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Even a bad week is useful since I aleays learn something new.
  • xxHaley2013xx
    xxHaley2013xx Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I haven't worked out in over a week and I've been eating extremely bad
  • brianpperkins
    Options

OK ... so you're talking in generalities. Earlier this month you were advised to change your weekly goal from two pounds to one. Did you?

What does "eating extremely bad" mean?

Were you over maintenance?
  • xxHaley2013xx
    xxHaley2013xx Posts: 13 Member
    Options

OK ... so you're talking in generalities. Earlier this month you were advised to change your weekly goal from two pounds to one. Did you?

Eating out a lot, eating a bunch of junk food/fast food, not keeping track of my calories
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This helps me a lot "it took you x time to put on the weight, it might just take that long to take off!"

Really tho, don't sweat it..i used to feel like my weight loss was a race and if I could just hurry to achieve my goal, I could go back to living..

That mentality was very wrong for me..this being food concious thing IS life, and I'm starting to feel like this is how the rest of my life will be...just maybe with more peanut butter once I reach maintenance =)

• brianpperkins
    Options

Eating out a lot, eating a bunch of junk food/fast food, not keeping track of my calories

None of that is inherently bad.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Ah so too aggressive a goal could be a factor here? If you're finding things too restrictive and that's caused you binge/fall off track then reassess as it seems you've been advised before? I can't lose 2lbs a week because I wouldn't be able to sustain a calorie level low enough and I certainly would have a much more miserable time trying to workout with fewer baseline calories too.

Plus, I eat out a fair amount and I eat junk, I just make it fit.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    125goals wrote: »

Just the word junk food makes my stomach turn now. I learned to pick the healthier options and I noticed it was easier to maintain my weight. Get back on track before you know it you're 20 pounds heavier.

An arbitrary term such as "junk" makes your stomach turn?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can't change last week but you can change next week. Just go back to following your food plan & workout routine.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    No one's perfect 100% of the time. Time to pick yourself up and strive to get back on track. You're human, we all are, and that means mistakes and "bad" days will happen. Life and weight loss goes on. "Forgiveness doesn't change the past, but it does make the future larger."
  • RalphtheWeber
    RalphtheWeber Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got extremely off track this week and I'm really disappointed in myself, I could really use some encouragement

I've been on and off for years. Thought, what was your reasons for getting here? You can get back on the your feet. Heck I done the same thing.

But my inspiration, is seeing others who have overcome and made the same mistakes. Seeing my clothes get loose again. You are human like the rest of us. The truth is not to beat yourself up. With all the support here. The success you have made and w8ll continue while doing this. Its not worth to feel defeated.

It's better to understand why you did what you did. You can change it, for you made it this far. Have you chosen a health buddy or someone to talk to? When you feel tempted?

With all The resources and people here, who are your your life line, your help. You made it this far. You can at least forgive yourself and restart the journey.

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

You go girl! Or... you go dude with a girl AV!
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Just start logging everything. Then you can assess where you go off track. Late night binges? Leave some calories for late night. Sweets? Cut down on frequency & portions to make them fit in your calories. Birthday party or happy hour? Don't sweat it, if it's only occasional, enjoy it! If your weekly goals have been pretty good until this week, just log it and get back on track. It's a new week, a new day, a new hour. Start with a fresh slate and go onward.