The best breakfast smoothie/shake suggestions

Options
Hi everyone,

Looking to escape a plateau by trying a week or so of smoothies for breakfast (coupled with low carb lunches) - so after your most delicious and filling suggestions please?!

I have some diet protein powder on order which I plan to use 1 scoop of in each smoothie.(approx 90cal)

Just for info I am on day 308 and have 1230 cal a day to eat and have lost 73lb so far. I exercise 4-5 times a week, mostly combat and swimming. (If that all makes any difference to what type of smoothie I should go for!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the awesome weight loss!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/skinny-beverages.html
  • missloni808
    missloni808 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favourite is strawberry peach smoothie bowl. I use frozen fruit maybe a cup altogether, 1 tbsp of yogurt, 1/3 cup of peach juice, handful of spinach and 1/3 cup of granola. I blend all ingredients together (except the granola) and put it in a bowl. I add the granola on top and eat it with a spoon. Its amazing!! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I found a pretty tasty mixed berry protein at walmart, it's a soy-based, though, which not everyone likes but I find it thicker and tastier than whey. I mix it with yogurt, frozen strawberries and sometimes a banana and I use green tea as the liquid.
  • michelleclegg1986
    Options
    Some great suggestions thank you! Would be grateful for as many as I can get as I am easily bored with the same thing!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So how would drinking your calories instead of eating them affect your weight loss?

Also if you suddenly drop your carbs, you'll drop water weight which, unless you remain low carb, is temporary

That said if you like smoothies go for it ...mine would be higher calorie than my standard eggwhite, ham, cheese, spinach, mushroom on toast with coffee breakfast but I like banana, raspberry, yogurt, milk in mine
  • michelleclegg1986
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    So how would drinking your calories instead of eating them affect your weight

Because whenever I've got a bit stuck over the past 10 months completely changing up what I eat has helped unstick me. It's nothing to do with drinking the calories instead it's the change in constant foods. And I like smoothies...so that's what I'm choosing to add in. lol.

Will also change my exercise routine over the next few weeks, that helps too.
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I really really like cake batter protein smoothies. Basically protein powder, cottage cheese, stevie, water, and ice I think. It tastes exactly like cake batter.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options

A note on the blackstrap molasses - I consume this as one way to boost my iron intake, but using it in something like gingerbread ruined the recipe for me. People who have regular molasses but not blackstrap should not feel the need to rush out and buy it just for this recipe. Blackstrap molasses does have more iron and less sugar.