insanity

Options
13»

Replies

• mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 1 of Insanity max (just finished t25 and did insanity max this time last year. I can hardly walk my calves are so sore.

The workout is super intense and I like it, especially since I'm living in hotel rooms for business lately.
  • torrielewis1991
    torrielewis1991 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just so you know I have finished week 1 of insanity and I love it! Ya I was on my fitness pal for a whole month and I let it slip I've been on it again almost a month just. Its
    awesome how negative some people can be I was off mfp and I felt bad and honestly I wasn't all in at as I am now.
    Orphia wrote: »
    I did mfp for about 25 days lost pounds felt great then I slipped now I'm back on lost the weight I gained I'm on day 3 or insanity had to take yesterday off I was so sore, sore today to but I'm gonna get it done. Thank you all for it response. Medlaura we are about the same weight and hight and that's about how I'm eating with ans with out exercise

If I understand you correctly, you have attempted to use MFP a couple of times but have not stuck to it.

What makes you think you will stick to Insanity?

A calorie deficit will make you lose the 20 lbs you want to lose.

How will you know you're eating at a deficit while doing Insanity?

You could end up eating way too much or way too little doing Insanity.

Read these threads and prepare yourself to stick to your goals while eating sensibly.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10201207/why-losing-weight-feels-so-effortless-for-me-this-time-around

• torrielewis1991
    Options
    I am also eating enough calories idk why you guys don't think I am I'm going off mfp if I work out a lot I eat more calories
  • amojammo
    amojammo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did it by the book for the 2 months, ended up with great cardio fitness and muscle tone. Didn't go gym once during that period. Make sure you eat properly and do it on a soft surface as it is high impact.....best of luck and keep at it.....
  • torrielewis1991
    Options
    It is hard on my feet I have flat feet so that sucks I try and land softly but I have a wood floor so it's a pain the *kitten* but it's worth it I already feel better on week one
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I love insanity! It is always my go to when I do not want to work out. I love body beast as well! I first did insanity 3.5 years ago and finished it to the end, but was so hungry and was "burnin so many calories" that I just ate what I wanted. Fitness, running speed, etc improved greatly but no weight loss. I have started and stopped since mostly because I would burn out on not enough intake. Have since done beast and learned how to eat to fuel myself properly. Trying again at an appropriate calorie level and losing!! As far as I am concerned this is Shaun t s best set because the warmup and cool down are adequate. Some of the other DVDs he has done there is not nearly enough. That sets people up for more injuries to occur.
  • Amoreislove
    Amoreislove Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I ate 1300 calories per day while doing the entire Insanity program following it by the calendar. The first month was fine but the next month gave me bad knee problems even though I was practising proper form. It did make me more fit & strong but I haven't noticed any muscle increase or drastic weight loss. I don't know if it was really worth it - I'm switching to crossfit strength training to build more muscle & hopefully I'll get better results!

• torrielewis1991
    Options
    Hi! I ate 1300 calories per day while doing the entire Insanity program following it by the calendar. The first month was fine but the next month gave me bad knee problems even though I was practising proper form. It did make me more fit & strong but I haven't noticed any muscle increase or drastic weight loss. I don't know if it was really worth it - I'm switching to crossfit strength training to build more muscle & hopefully I'll get better results!

You look pretty fit right now I'm doing it losing weight but my gf isn't she is already fit she eats more on the bad side and I don't so I believe dieting does make a difference. I herd people talk about cross fit but I'm not really sure what it is but I plan on trying many different things I find variety is will be good for weight loss
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I've had the Insanity program for 3 years now and have gotten great fitness results from it. This week I started doing the full program again for the 4th time. I never have a problem doing these workouts anymore as I am already physically fit. However, I tend to get bored with it after the second week or so due to the repetitive movements. Today is day 2 of week 1.
  • torrielewis1991
    Options
    I'm hoping it will get me fit then I can just doing a couple times a week work on other things try other videos and work outs