My progress: 179 to 129 at 5'3

Options
w7zfyw.jpg

8z2n84.jpg

The first photos were a few years ago, and the new ones are from today. I lost the first 35 or so pounds from counting calories, but I realized that it didn't work for me anymore because counting calories still made me obsessed with food. So now I am just active and don't eat as much. :D I am posting because I know how inspiring progress pictures were for me.

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Surely did. Congratulations, you are looking good.
  • svts123
    svts123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done you :) I'm also a short girl (5'1") and I find it's so much harder to *look* slimmer at this height - so I appreciate how well you've overcome that hurdle!
  • regirom
    regirom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you look great ! I am also 5'3. Would you share how many calories you ate per day to lose the first 35 pounds ? Also, what kind of exercise are you doing now ? TIA
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!...I started out at 184 and I'm looking to lose the same amt of weight you have lost. Thanks for posting this
  • sailingheartships
    sailingheartships Posts: 68 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    regirom wrote: »
    you look great ! I am also 5'3. Would you share how many calories you ate per day to lose the first 35 pounds ? Also, what kind of exercise are you doing now ? TIA

I ate around 1200, but I did fun exercises to be able to eat a bit more :P I've never been into the gym or anything, so I did things like walking and dancing to the game 'Just Dance' on the Wii :) Now I'm mostly walking, and since I'm hyperactive anyway, I bounce/dance/skip/run around all day anyway. When I'm standing there doing dishes, I'm usually bouncing up and down on my feet lol!
  • sailingheartships
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Super!!!! You're the same height as me, and around the same weight that I want to get to eventually. I'm at 213 right now and my first goal is 140. After that I think the 129-132 range will be great. You look fantastic! So nice that you found something that works so well for you :smiley:
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What would a typical day of eating be like for you. My goal weight is similar to yours.
  • Soon2bFitChick
    Soon2bFitChick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I weigh around the same amount & around the same amount. My goal weight is 130. I have 38 more pounds to go!
  • sailingheartships
    Options
    titotito48 wrote: »
    What would a typical day of eating be like for you. My goal weight is similar to yours.

I pretty much eat what I want to eat, but don't overdo it. I don't usually eat breakfast, not saying that's a good or a bad idea, I just don't like to eat in the morning. If I want to have a cheeseburger or something, then I'll have a cheeseburger. I won't get everything else to go with it, or the whole meal if I've had a bunch of food already that day..... I can't really say I have a certain way of eating, I just eat what I want in smaller portions. I move a lot in the day. In my mind I don't keep track of calories so much as the quantity of food I ate and what it was.
  • sailingheartships
    Options
    svts123 wrote: »
    You look great! Well done you :) I'm also a short girl (5'1") and I find it's so much harder to *look* slimmer at this height - so I appreciate how well you've overcome that hurdle!

It really is hard to look slimmer when you're short!! Thank you :3
  • regirom
    regirom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    regirom wrote: »

I ate around 1200, but I did fun exercises to be able to eat a bit more :P I've never been into the gym or anything, so I did things like walking and dancing to the game 'Just Dance' on the Wii :) Now I'm mostly walking, and since I'm hyperactive anyway, I bounce/dance/skip/run around all day anyway. When I'm standing there doing dishes, I'm usually bouncing up and down on my feet lol!

Thank you for sharing ! You inspired me today !
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    titotito48 wrote: »

I pretty much eat what I want to eat, but don't overdo it. I don't usually eat breakfast, not saying that's a good or a bad idea, I just don't like to eat in the morning. If I want to have a cheeseburger or something, then I'll have a cheeseburger. I won't get everything else to go with it, or the whole meal if I've had a bunch of food already that day..... I can't really say I have a certain way of eating, I just eat what I want in smaller portions. I move a lot in the day. In my mind I don't keep track of calories so much as the quantity of food I ate and what it was.

Thank you and congratulations!
  • jennjenn5555
    jennjenn5555 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job!! U should be very proud! I am also short @ 5'2"
    I'm about 170 now & my dream weight is 125 but my goal for now is 140. I'm close to 50 years old & it is true that your metabolism slows down as you age.
  • jennjenn5555
    jennjenn5555 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job!! U should be very proud! I am also short @ 5'2"
    I'm about 170 now & my dream weight is 125 but my goal for now is 140. I'm close to 50 years old & it is true that your metabolism slows down as you age. I am also very motivated by before & after pics. Especially yours because we are so similar in shape. Thanks again!!
  • runningstrong80
    runningstrong80 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Looks like you have achieve much success by creating a plan that works for you and sticking with it!
  • fausiG
    fausiG Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    O
    svts123 wrote: »

Same boat! 5'0 and @ 145lbs! I wanna be 125 again
  • Ladybug3129
    Ladybug3129 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You are now and inspiration to others! Keep up the good work.
  • Mstaurus33
    Mstaurus33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congrats!!! I'm 5'2 and 130 is my goal weight. I'm currently 194 or a lil less.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!