Phd diet whey. opinion?

Options
Hi there,
I've just bought a pack of PhD diet whey so I can use it as a meal replacement. As I don't exercise very much, will this have any effect over my weight? I just want to replace my breakfast as I tend to eat a lot of crap in the morning. Please advise :):*

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I assume it's just whey protein powder? Weigh it on your food scale and use the amount that fits into your day, calorie wise. If it helps keep you full in the morning and meet your protein goal while staying in your deficit, it's fine.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes aren't meal replacements, they're just protein.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    RoSiulia wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I've just bought a pack of PhD diet whey so I can use it as a meal replacement. As I don't exercise very much, will this have any effect over my weight? I just want to replace my breakfast as I tend to eat a lot of crap in the morning. Please advise :):*
    I use that one, 91 calories a serving. I tend to have it for breakfast also but I have a banana with it normally as it has very few carbs and it is so low calorie.

Whether it will help you lose weight depends on the rest of your day.
  • RoSiulia
    RoSiulia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    RoSiulia wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I use that one, 91 calories a serving. I tend to have it for breakfast also but I have a banana with it normally as it has very few carbs and it is so low calorie.

Whether it will help you lose weight depends on the rest of your day.

I work as a chat advisor so I'm stuck on my chair for like 8h and 30 minutes and for dinner I usually eat a salad. Idk, is the first time that I use a meal replacement and I really need proteins as I don't eat a lot of meat. . Do you work out during the week? :* thanks for all the replies. X
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit will help you lose body weight. Exercise is for your health and fitness. It is not indispensable for losing body weight, but it helps with calorie deficit.
    I do not use meal replacements. I prefer to munch my nutrition.
    I blend whey protein isolate, a banana and almond milk before any workout to improve muscle recovery.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • RoSiulia
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Eating at a deficit will help you lose body weight. Exercise is for your health and fitness. It is not indispensable for losing body weight, but it helps with calorie deficit.
    I do not use meal replacements. I prefer to munch my nutrition.
    I blend whey protein isolate, a banana and almond milk before any workout to improve muscle recovery.
    Good luck in your healthy journey

Thank you very much :)
    you too ! :*
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    A protein shake can be helpful to increase your intake of protein and that helps you to be less hungry, but it is not a meal replacement. Also a liquid usually does not give a sense of fullness. I suggest getting a fibre supplement to add to the shake which will help with feeling like you ate.

As for the desk job, for your own health try to stand, stretch and move after 60 minutes of sitting. I do this as I do IT support and sitting for so long tightened up my hips and gave me back weakness and pain. Still sorting it out with posture work and sitting less. It's a long fix.
  • RoSiulia
    Options
    VisofSer wrote: »
    A protein shake can be helpful to increase your intake of protein and that helps you to be less hungry, but it is not a meal replacement. Also a liquid usually does not give a sense of fullness. I suggest getting a fibre supplement to add to the shake which will help with feeling like you ate.

As for the desk job, for your own health try to stand, stretch and move after 60 minutes of sitting. I do this as I do IT support and sitting for so long tightened up my hips and gave me back weakness and pain. Still sorting it out with posture work and sitting less. It's a long fix.
    I honestly think to change my job ha ! Also as a fibre, will psyllium good added to the shake? :)
  • RoSiulia
    Options
    could you stand up at work?
    here is a chart that shows that standing can burn calories
    https://www.fatsecret.com/fitness/standing
    ex: standing 2 hours, can burn 300 calories
    not sure how trusted this is, but there are other sites with more info worth researching

Yes I am allowed to stand but it is kind of hard typing as I am constantly on two chats :|