Within Calories Over in Fat consistently

Options
So I've been staying within my calorie limit and am steadily losing weight but almost daily I am over in fat grams by 15-20 grams mainly from peanut butter, avocado, grass fed beef and olive oil or coconut oil. Also from cheese. I feel satiated, energetic and wonderful really from my calorie intake (1610, lightly active). So basically my question is does it really matter that I'm going over on fat this much every day? The fats that I listed I'm eating portion controlled and measured or weighed.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to keep your fat intake low, you should be fine.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to keep your fat intake low, you should be fine.

This. Many here look at their fat and protein goals as minimums to hit rather than maximums to stay under.
  • DawnSober
    DawnSober Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No reason to eat low..eating around 75 grams a day.
  • kzelaya26
    kzelaya26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    side note. your cal limit is 1600? we should be eating under 2000 to lose wt correct?
  • DawnSober
    Options
    kzelaya26 wrote: »
    side note. your cal limit is 1600? we should be eating under 2000 to lose wt correct?
    I eat 1610 to lose .5 pounds a week based on my activity level. I am on my last 8 pounds out of 52. I'm not sure what all MFP factors in when determining a caloric intake but I know activity and height are taken into consideration. That being said there are potentially people that could eat 2000 or may a day and still lose weight. With the idea that 3500 cals = a pound.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    kzelaya26 wrote: »

Everyone's different. My TDEE is around 2500, so I could lose (not much) above 2000.
  • DawnSober
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

This. Many here look at their fat and protein goals as minimums to hit rather than maximums to stay under.

That is good to know!
  • kzelaya26
    kzelaya26 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OOOO ok thank you! MFP has my limit for 2000 and i was wondering if i should be eating under that amt to lose wt
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat lover here, and I steadily lose. I try to distinguish between added & intrinsic healthy fats. So when it's in my control I use a sparing hand adding fats to dishes; but if it's just part of the package like avocados, salmon, whole milk Greek yogurt, etc I just enjoy them as they are. And if you're truly eating at a deficit those healthy fats aren't going to be stored. Fats provide satiety between meals & that sensuous richness chefs call 'mouth feel.' Low fat diets have always made me feel stabby and unhinged. I'm glad the 80s and 90s are over in that respect!