The Wedding Inspiration

Options
hairpoet
hairpoet Posts: 10 Member
Hello!

I'm looking to share support and encouragement with other brides out there who have committed themselves to shedding a few pounds before the BIG DAY!!!!!!!

I'm 30 years old, and about 40 lbs overweight. I'm getting married in 32 weeks. My goal is 1 lb a week until then. And on a weekly basis, if I only lose 0.5? Or 0?! I'm not gonna fret. I've always been successful on paid programs like Weight Watchers, but it's too much work! I'm excited to be trying out MFP, and have the app on my phone, and am ready to go!!!!!

I tracked everything I ate yesterday. The slightly good news is that I would gain only a pound a week if I ate like that EVERY day. I would imagine it could be worse.....

I am taking suggestions for staple foods that are low-cal and fill-her-up worthy. :)

Looking forward to the journey with you
Heather

Replies

• SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My wedding is not going to be until next year but I'm working hard to lose my weight. Staple foods for me include- yogurt, hummus, carrots, soy milk, fruit, broccoli, peanut butter and tuna. I also like to keep some popsicles around, they are low calorie and its kind of a little treat now and then. I've recently gotten into black bean burgers again and have been having those they are good on protein and they taste good. I'm constantly trying to get enough protein.
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm not a bride-to-be but thought I would share my story with you. I did weight watchers to lose weight for my wedding 2 years ago and had great success. Unfortunately, I gained the weight back over the next year and a half and am now using MFP. I like this much better!!! For me, the weight loss is slower with this but I feel that it is more sustainable because I'm learning how to balance my eating so that I have the right amount of calories, fat, carbs, etc. rather than relying on counting points. Also, before the wedding I had very little time to exercise so I did Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred. It's less than 30 minutes and a great workout! And to keep my focus on the goal, I would picture my wedding dress every time there was a tempting tasty treat around calling my name. Set a goal and make a plan, work the plan and you will reach your goal! Good luck!!! You can do it!
  • hairpoet
    Options
    @SarahWrittenThin
    Thanks for the food list. Luckily, a lot of those foods are favorites of ours. Now to get a hang on the portion control! I suppose exercise is something I should consider squeezing in somewhere....

@MRST2009
    I do love JM. Sounds like a video I could totally see myself doing. Look out Amazon.com, here I come! And yes, I'm going the slow & steady route here. I try not to think about the fact that even if I gained 10 lbs by January, he would still look at me the same as I came down that aisle.... I DO try to think about the fact that when he and I are 80 years old, we want to be able to look at those pictures and say, "Daaaaaang, look how HOT we were!"
  • monky13grl
    monky13grl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight for my wedding and then found this site. I too, have had success at weight watchers, but gained it back. I LOVE this app. It makes me feel like I am not dieting. I have lost almost 30lbs in 5 months. My wedding is in August (but my dress fitiing is at the end of June so I really have to lose what I will by the end of this month. CONGRATS!

I love my fruits. Some little things I have traded out that I feel have made a big difference... I switched to fat free greek yogurt, but I put frozen berries in it to make it like ice cream. I switched to quinoa instead of rice. Veggies all day long (carrots, peppers, cucumbers are my favorite). Fish and lean meats. Kashi is my new favorite brand- delicious and completely healthy! Feel free to add me for wedding inspiration.
  • hairpoet
    Options
    @monky13grl
    Consider yourself added! Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

@MRST2009
    Just ordered the 30-day shred off ebay. WEEEE!!!!!
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding! You've come to the right place! :0)
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    My wedding is Sept 2nd and I have a month and a half until my wedding weight loss deadline. Once I start my fittings I'll have to stop losing weight... Well, pause on the weight loss I should say.

Started out at 250 and am at 202 right now. I'm having a hard time atm since I hit a plateau with so little time left. Trying not to stress, just need to figure out how to shake things up so I can start losing again.

Feel free to add me, I'd love some more supportive friends and vice versa!
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I hope you like it!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I just got engaged. I am 207lbs a far cry from the 145lbs I was at the start of college. I am 5'8". I am getting married in 2 years June 2013. However, in 1 year I have to decide if I am wearing my grandmother's dress for which I have to lose 40lbs or have my Dad sew one. So here's the goal 1lb a week for the next year 52 weeks in a year should be reasonable, and even gives me some breathing room. So here's hoping I can look as good as possible when I get married. My fiance has never seen me thin and I would like to fix that!
  • kheavin0928
    kheavin0928 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to each of you!! I'm actually getting married in less than 2 weeks (the 25th)...yikes! :) For the most part I'm relatively comfortable with my weight, I just want to drop 10-15 pounds so I'm feeling healthier and am eating better. I have no intentions of doing that before the wedding though! I just wanted to drop some words of encouragement to each of you. I'm positive you will all make beautiful brides no matter what size you are! :)
  • Fochizzy
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, good luck on your wedding two weeks you must be pulling your hair out!
  • chelscc1984
    Options
    I'm also a bride trying to lose for my November wedding! Actually I'm doing with my fiance. I'm so excited to find other people doing the same. Congrats to you!
    4075711.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Fochizzy
    Options
    That rocks that he is doing it with you! I wish I could badger James into going to the gym with you. It is nice to have another person to push and support you like that.
  • melissastaszak
    melissastaszak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight for my October 1st wedding, and so far I've been consistently eating well. I only want to shed 10-15 lbs, just so I feel a bit better about how I look in a strapless dress! The only problem for me is that I have celiac disease, and I am a runner, and so I rely a little too heavily on rice and quinoa and all the other carbs....sigh. I am getting better day by day though :)
    Congrats to all of you on your upcoming or recent wedding! No matter what size you are, you will be a beautiful bride. Do this for yourself! xoxo
  • smb23112
    smb23112 Posts: 46
    Options
    I am also a bride to be but I got exactly a yr. I'm nervous I just started a lil over a wk ago so far so good this is a great motivator the ppl are awesome n there when u need them. Congratulations feel free to ad me
  • anythingworthdoing
    Options
    Congratulations everyone! I know I'm excited and we haven't even set a date yet!
  • krisrobe8
    krisrobe8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have lost weight...what are you eating and how often are you working out? Also what are you doing when working out? I too am engaged and I am trying to lose at least 30lbs. Help!!
  • Fochizzy
    Options
    I have lost 15lbs so far 5lbs since starting MFP. I eat 1600 net calories per day and work out 3-4 days a week. My food diary is open feel free to look ^ _^