I dont know what to do HELP!

Options
The last few days i haven been going over my daily calorie limit....idk what to do...i still feel hungry all the time and all i want to do is eat and eat....i have a major sweet tooth and its so hard to not grab the chocolate or the junk food....i dont have time to cook meals so a lot of what i eat is pre packaged microwave stuff....I work at dunkin donuts and we dont get "breaks" so what i eat is what they have there...there isnt a break room or anywhere to keep stuff that would be my personal food so i have to eat what is there and EVERYTHING is loaded with calories....I am sitting here on the verge of tears cuz before i had my son i lost a ton of weight and now here i am again struggling....i am about to throw in the towel...idk what to do anymore. I cant exercise in front of my husband cuz of my anxiety. I dont knwo what to do for exercises so that I can lose the weight. I am currently 148 and I would like to get down to 125....any help would be appreciated...thank you

Replies

• eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    just a few thoughts...are you working a 4 hour or 8 hour shift? If it's an 8 hour shift, maybe plan in advance what you're going to eat there -- then pre-log it and plan the rest of your day around that. Can you keep protein bars in your purse or jacket pockets? Those are great in a pinch! When you have time in the day, think about increasing the amount of protein and fats -- for many people, that will help you feel fuller longer.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Couple more ideas for consideration:
    • Purchase a lunchbox with an ice pack. Plan and carry your food. Keep it in your car.
    • I like to eat and drink sweets. Increasing my fat intake helps me cut down on the sugar cravings. This helps me keep in my calorie boundary most days.
    • Protein and fresh, or frozen, fruit smoothie. Nice source of sugar with fiber and a protein bump.
    • Microwave meals do not satiate me very well. Sounds like you are in the same boat. I cook 2 or 3 times a week. I make huge batches of food and pack servings for my lunch.
    • I like protein and fats for breakfast. Eggs and ham, Chicken with skin, Sausage and eggs, etc. It sticks with me longer.
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    There are really cute purse like cooler bags at many stores ( I know walmart has them for $10). That plus a reusable ice pack = bringing what you want to eat. I use one to bring my lunch , snack and water everyday. I put it on the floor under my desk.
  • CathySweetiePie
    CathySweetiePie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The food is not the problem, the stress is. Try yoga, meditation, hypnosis, exercise, journaling or another method to help you deal with the stress that's triggering eating. Read Louise Hay books Heal Your Body and You can heal your life. It's helped me a lot.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    just a few thoughts...are you working a 4 hour or 8 hour shift? If it's an 8 hour shift, maybe plan in advance what you're going to eat there -- then pre-log it and plan the rest of your day around that. Can you keep protein bars in your purse or jacket pockets? Those are great in a pinch! When you have time in the day, think about increasing the amount of protein and fats -- for many people, that will help you feel fuller longer.

If she's working an 8 hour shift (or anything over 6) without a break then that is illegal. If you work a 4 hour shift I think you are entitled to a 10 minute break. It's not a lot, but you should be getting that. Reread your employment contract.

Now I say this and I work at a job where I have a 5 hour shift and am entitled to a 10 min break and i don't get it either but I am also allowed to eat at the desk. I bring granola bars, yogurt, whole fruit, bagged carrots and so on. Small things that can be put down if need be.

I didn't have ice packs in my lunch growing up. I got a BP sandwich with carrots, an apple, and some gummy snacks. I also got a juice box. Lunch would sit in my locker until it was time to eat, and it survived. If you can pack a lunch to store with your coat/purse just tell your coworker during a slow time that you are taking your 10 min break. If you are not allowed to sit inside the store at one of the tables go sit in your car and eat. I've done that. If you are feeling this way your coworkers probably are too, so as long as you are ok with them taking their 10 min breaks, then work place politics should be ok.

Seriously though, if you are working 6+ hours you are entitled to a lunch break of a half hour, at least in PA. Best of luck!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    The last few days i haven been going over my daily calorie limit....idk what to do...i still feel hungry all the time and all i want to do is eat and eat....i have a major sweet tooth and its so hard to not grab the chocolate or the junk food....i dont have time to cook meals so a lot of what i eat is pre packaged microwave stuff....I work at dunkin donuts and we dont get "breaks" so what i eat is what they have there...there isnt a break room or anywhere to keep stuff that would be my personal food so i have to eat what is there and EVERYTHING is loaded with calories....I am sitting here on the verge of tears cuz before i had my son i lost a ton of weight and now here i am again struggling....i am about to throw in the towel...idk what to do anymore. I cant exercise in front of my husband cuz of my anxiety. I dont knwo what to do for exercises so that I can lose the weight. I am currently 148 and I would like to get down to 125....any help would be appreciated...thank you

Set your goal to lose no more than 1 lb a week or .5 lb a week.
    Plan what you are going to eat from Dunkin Donuts in advance.
    Get a sandwich and leave off the cheese or something to reduce calories.
    I prelog my food and it is helpful.
    Eat meals before your shift and after your shift and just have a smaller snack during your break.
    Eat more protein foods.
    You can bring food that doesn't require refrigeration that you can keep in your purse or car. Fruit, vegetables, granola bars, nuts, trail mix for example.
    Exercise when other people are sleeping or away from home. You don't have to exercise for hours- 30 minutes or so is better than zero minutes of exercise.Tell your dh you want to exercise alone. Walk or bike places.
    Get a different job.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

You don't have that much to lose. Set your goals to lose .5 pounds a week and pre-plan your meals.

While at work, where do you keep your purse or backpack? Make yourself some foods you like to eat and keep them in your purse or backpack. You can eat those foods while you are on your lunch break, or on your break. Like other people step outside to have a cigarette, step outside to have your snack. If you eat lunch in the fast food place at a table, simply take your lunch there. Nobody can make you eat only fast food.

As for exercise, don't exercise in front of your husband. Can you go outside for walk during good weather? Can you go to a gym, or to another room to exercise?

Everybody has circumstances that they can allow to get in the way of their weight loss journey, but it's up to each of us to make sure we stick to our own plan.

Please don't throw in the towel. You can do this, I know you can!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are great as the are a little sweet, full of protein, low in calories and transportable.

When I am in a rush or have a sweet craving - I make a protein shake with lots of ice and then sip it slowly.

The shakes i have a low GI so you don't get awful sugar highs and crashes.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »

If she's working an 8 hour shift (or anything over 6) without a break then that is illegal. If you work a 4 hour shift I think you are entitled to a 10 minute break. It's not a lot, but you should be getting that. Reread your employment contract.

Now I say this and I work at a job where I have a 5 hour shift and am entitled to a 10 min break and i don't get it either but I am also allowed to eat at the desk. I bring granola bars, yogurt, whole fruit, bagged carrots and so on. Small things that can be put down if need be.

I didn't have ice packs in my lunch growing up. I got a BP sandwich with carrots, an apple, and some gummy snacks. I also got a juice box. Lunch would sit in my locker until it was time to eat, and it survived. If you can pack a lunch to store with your coat/purse just tell your coworker during a slow time that you are taking your 10 min break. If you are not allowed to sit inside the store at one of the tables go sit in your car and eat. I've done that. If you are feeling this way your coworkers probably are too, so as long as you are ok with them taking their 10 min breaks, then work place politics should be ok.

Seriously though, if you are working 6+ hours you are entitled to a lunch break of a half hour, at least in PA. Best of luck!

Unfortunately, this is not true in all states.