Weight loss is not linear!

Options
I just thought I'd share this; my -4kg journey from this summer. I recorded my weight each week then each fortnight and as the picture clearly shows, it's not always a downhill run!

Take heart if you have a gain week, and persevere until the loss weeks win out.

rakzkpst2vrt.jpg

Replies

• LowCoffinLucifie
    LowCoffinLucifie Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Love this :), Congrats on your progress and loss :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done. Good to show how it can go.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate and I needed to see this today. It's good to know that others have similar experiences.

x9elk7le9gr5.png

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Mine was similar, although in hindsight I sometimes wish I journalled my exercise, cardio, calories on a spreedsheet to compare side to side with my loss chart. Interested to know how my body responded to excess calories, recovery, etc.
    Then again. who cares.....the end result is really all that matters!
    Congrats everyone, keep it up and keep the faith!
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    tcatcarson wrote: »
    I just thought I'd share this; my -4kg journey from this summer. I recorded my weight each week then each fortnight and as the picture clearly shows, it's not always a downhill run!

Take heart if you have a gain week, and persevere until the loss weeks win out.

rakzkpst2vrt.jpg

Thank you! I needed this after having a struggle these last two weeks. I know my calories were spot on this week and sigh.... I'm more than last week. A visual is always nice!
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this.
    I have been stressing out because of gaining when I should be losing or just not losing.
    It helps to know it is typical.
    I would post my MFP chart if I could figure out how to do it.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good work. Check out trendweight.com for a nice trend line which auto-syncs from your wifi scale. Saves having to make your own spreadsheets. :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Yup! I'm going to try to post my progress for the last month. I've lost over 12 lbs in the last 30 days but it was FAR from linear.

hcvpey7ixdrl.png
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Love seeing this. Focusing on my trend instead of my weight has been key to my ''so far'' success this time around. Still more than halfway from goal, but not discouraged even when I go a week without losing, because I now see the big picture. Congrats on an impressive loss!
  • glitterlizzy
    glitterlizzy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I needed to see something like that today. My weights been just hanging out even though I'm trying hard every day. :)
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good work. Check out trendweight.com for a nice trend line which auto-syncs from your wifi scale. Saves having to make your own spreadsheets. :)

Thanks...I like spreadsheets :D
  • ihab90
    ihab90 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Interesting never knew that. I thought it always gets harder to lose the last couple of kgs
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    ihab90 wrote: »
    Interesting never knew that. I thought it always gets harder to lose the last couple of kgs

That maybe depends on goals - 75kg is my lean-but-not-skinny weight so perhaps my last couple of kilos lie somewhere else :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!